IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 62.
#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just a heads up.
If your local Sears store is closing in your area, check out the fixtures sale.
Multiple duplicates of old component display CRT TV's available for a few bucks.
Also store displays and signs of Playstation, Xbox, Gamecube etc.

that would be way cool to score some display signs. whats the best way to find out info for a fixture sale? my google fu is failing me

#2152 4 years ago

If anyone is interested I'm auctioning off my retro gaming collection on Ebay. My ID is rmaerz-half. I'll have new auctions up every Saturday until everything is gone. I have from Atari to Xbox 360 games, consoles, controllers etc.

#2153 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

that would be way cool to score some display signs. whats the best way to find out info for a fixture sale? my google fu is failing me

I just walked in and asked about the CRT's & signs. The saleslady directed me to the "Fixture Manager". He basically said name your price on whatever you want, so I did.

2 weeks later
#2154 4 years ago

I know a while back I mentioned I had a bunch of PC games and wondered if they were worth anything or if I should just pitch them. A couple of you expressed some interest.

Heres the ones I've got sorted out complete with discs and boxes. I have more that I still need to find the boxes for.

Take a look and anyone is interested, make me an offer in private message. Include shipping costs. Looking to get rid of, but not looking to lose money.

About 90% of these are pretty close to mint. Pristine discs and boxes. Also as far as I'm aware, these are 100% complete. I never threw anything away and I usually never kept things separated. So that means code is in there.
20191027_125623 (resized).jpg20191027_125623 (resized).jpg

#2155 4 years ago

what do you want for the command & conquer the first decade game? that would be fun to revisit after all these years

#2156 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what do you want for the command & conquer the first decade game? that would be fun to revisit after all these years

How's $7.50? $5 for game, estimating $2.50 for shipping.

Looks like most are asking $10 on ebay.

#2157 4 years ago

what games on NES, SNES or N64 would you think would be fun to run a tournament on.

non-fighting games and not nba jam

was thinking maybe tetris attack on snes?

#2158 4 years ago

Mario cart 64

We ran a fastest time contest on dk’s canyon track. The prize was the n64 and game. People were lined up to give it a try.

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Mario cart 64
We ran a fastest time contest on dk’s canyon track. The prize was the n64 and game. People were lined up to give it a try.

not a bad idea, was thinking more head to head style games. maybe battle mode on mario kart 64?

#2160 4 years ago

Even though it got so-so reviews, part of me still wanted a Neo Geo Mini. When I was a kid, I loved those little table top arcade games even though they were super basic....having 40 high quality Neo Geo games on a tabletop seemed neat. I noticed that the clear blue Samurai Showdown “limited edition” was on sale for $94 down from $140 on Amazon. It comes with blue Neo Geo branded USB power, HDMI, 2 controllers & some other goodies. So, I bit a few days ago. (As of this writing, it’s down to $92)

While the reviews are correct, the HDMI out sucks & the stick/pads are a bit goofy, I love this thing as just a cute desktop arcade. The screen on the unit is incredible. I’ve been playing it a bunch & having fun with the game selection. This version has every Samurai Showdown, and some games like League Bowling that aren’t on the other variants.

I connected mine to portable charger...I left it on all day & it barely used any juice. Too bad they didn’t put a rechargeable battery in this thing.

Anyone else pick up one of these? I didn’t want it at $140, but under $100 seemed worth it! If the HDMI out didn’t totally suck, these things would be epic.
B9203EFA-0DB4-4FB5-B5CA-46CE7B650CD6.jpegB9203EFA-0DB4-4FB5-B5CA-46CE7B650CD6.jpeg5CF8D237-E121-4E2E-B0B3-CEA37F523D50.jpeg5CF8D237-E121-4E2E-B0B3-CEA37F523D50.jpeg2DB271D6-9C4D-4514-83EB-F7F7BBD809FB.jpeg2DB271D6-9C4D-4514-83EB-F7F7BBD809FB.jpegBE2FB900-B403-45B0-8086-6A44C9EB42AD.jpegBE2FB900-B403-45B0-8086-6A44C9EB42AD.jpegBCFC4AC7-B67D-41B9-81B0-C841B0C240BE.jpegBCFC4AC7-B67D-41B9-81B0-C841B0C240BE.jpeg

#2161 4 years ago

Broke out my original Xbox this weekend. I actually re-discovred it this summer in my garage. I was pretty sure I sold it at a yard sale about 10 years ago. Guess no one wanted it.

So doing some looking to see about upgrading the hard drive and installing a bunch of XB roms to it, I read about the crappy capacitor.

I took mine apart. And first thing I noticed was, damn, I must not have played this much at all. It was spotless inside. No dust anywhere. Looked brand new.

And two, the capacitor had leaked. I cleaned up the acid, and in the process, I knocked off 4 surface mount resistors around it. I tried to resolder them back on using newly scraped areas to solder to, but still couldn't get it to stick. Also lost one resistor. The thing went flying somewhere after I tried to pick it up with tweezers. So I never was able to get any of them back on.

So I just planned for the system to be DOA. Hadn't played it for years, so wasn't a terrible loss. I plugged it in and it booted right up. Played Riddick for a good solid hour last night with no issues. Sweet!

So I guess those resistors were directly involved with the clock capacitor.

2 weeks later
#2162 4 years ago

I am going to be selling some of my console stuff, and figured I would post it here to see if any of you want them. Some are less retro than others. If you want something, make an offer. I will take pics of all this soon.

NES with Everdrive
SNES with Everdrive
New 3ds (not new, that is the name of the crazy thing)
Wii U
PS4 Pro with PSVR

If you can make it to Reno, I have a 27" CRT with a small stand that will go with these.

3 weeks later
#2163 4 years ago

Here’s my current retro gaming set up. 2 crt tv’s. The left one has n64, GameCube, wii, ps1, and dreamcast. The right has a nes and is also a 2nd screen for karaoke.

The nes, and n64 have everdrives loaded with complete libraries and my dreamcast has been modded to take sd cards. I have the full library of those games too.

I also have a nes mini, snes mini, and sega mini connected to a hdtv in another room. I have the turbo graphic 16 mini on pre-order too. Pretty excited for that mini, ive never owned that console before.

D4991979-3EF2-4B97-AD18-4BCB7070F5B1 (resized).jpegD4991979-3EF2-4B97-AD18-4BCB7070F5B1 (resized).jpegE3437D05-1080-4A28-9BB4-B06BC274D39D (resized).jpegE3437D05-1080-4A28-9BB4-B06BC274D39D (resized).jpeg
#2164 4 years ago

Rarehero the Neo Geo Mini is down to $71 on Amazon.

I bought one for a modding project last year. Pretty good emulation, pixel scaling done very well... Biggest negative is its fixed in "no blood" mode and also AES mode which means finite # of credits. Also it's a standard modern analog joystick not a clicky digital one.

It has a Linux serial port on the MB so I'm sure it's been good and hacked by now.

#2165 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Rarehero the Neo Geo Mini is down to $71 on Amazon.
I bought one for a modding project last year. Pretty good emulation, pixel scaling done very well... Biggest negative is its fixed in "no blood" mode and also AES mode which means finite # of credits. Also it's a standard modern analog joystick not a clicky digital one.
It has a Linux serial port on the MB so I'm sure it's been good and hacked by now.

I have the Sam Sho edition I got on sale - and also the regular US version when it was $50 at New Egg. Are you saying your can mod it to look pixel sharp with HDMI out instead of the stock blurry mess?! Do tell!

Currently the Japanese Red/White/Blue shell with US games lineup version is on sale for $79 with two controllers...because I’m dumb, I’m tempted to get that too lol.

2 weeks later
#2166 4 years ago

Yesterday I came across a YouTube video with links to a hack for the mini genesis. I have over 100 genesis games on mine with box art.

#2167 4 years ago

Picked up some NES games this Christmas. A few of the more expensive titles like swamp thing and gargoyles quest ii. Reorganized my nes shelf. 288 individual titles. 201 SNES titles in the collection as well.

IMG_20191229_143206_368 (resized).jpgIMG_20191229_143206_368 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2168 4 years ago

I started collecting Nintendo Power. I have about 100 of the 285 magazines. Anyone else into them?

#2169 4 years ago

I started collecting Nintendo Power. I have about 100 of the 285 magazines. Anyone else into them?

Man.... I had almost every issue. Subscribed as a kid , when my parents moved my mom threw them all out before I got them...

#2170 4 years ago

My Atari Lynx Multicart is up for auction this week if anyone interested
ebay.com link: itm

#2171 4 years ago

I picked up 20- some early 90s issues recently on FB marketplace next to nothing. I wouldn't mind picking up more early issues.

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I picked up 20- some early 90s issues recently on FB marketplace next to nothing. I wouldn't mind picking up more early issues.

I find that most later issues can be had for $3-$4, but the early ones jump in price considerably issue #1 In ok condition can go for over $100

#2173 4 years ago

I find that most later issues can be had for $3-$4, but the early ones jump in price considerably issue #1 In ok condition can go for over $100

The stack I got started at issue 18 and came out to less than $1/issue, so I lucked out on that I guess.

#2174 4 years ago

Also, Emuparadise has pdf scans of all of the Nintendo Powers in their magazine section.

#2175 4 years ago

I started collecting Electronic Games magazine. That was THE magazine to read back in the early 80s.

#2176 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I started collecting Electronic Games magazine. That was THE magazine to read back in the early 80s.

I still have a bunch of mine in storage.

#2177 4 years ago

re-did my twitch loyalty badges to triforce progression then with the mastersword. took some liberties with the mastersword design but not bad for just putzing around in paint lol. still working on the 1 year badge
loyaltyprogression72 (resized).pngloyaltyprogression72 (resized).png

#2178 4 years ago
20200118_152100 (resized).jpg20200118_152100 (resized).jpg
#2179 4 years ago

I picked up Resident Evil 2 for the PS4 last week since it was back on sale for $25. I knew I had to get it at some point. Missed out on the $15 black friday sale because I put it on my Santa list.

But RE2 was the very first PS1 game I purchased. Loving this remake. I may have to end up getting the RE3 when it come out in a few month even though RE2 was the only RE game I've ever played until RE7 in VR.

But with the nostalgia, I went ahead and bought the PS1 version of RE2 again. And man, those games have held their value. But made me start thinking. Seems like a lot of the killer games on the PS1 were in those double jewel cases. RE2, Metal Gear, FF7, Gran Turismo. So now I may need to start collecting those.

#2180 4 years ago

I've been debating this for quite a while... I'd appreciate some opinions.

I grew up in the 90s, and SNES was my jam. Genesis was also great, and I got the console as a gift from my grandparents as a xmas present - probably the best present of my life.

I have a Trinitron CRT I got for free not that long ago. I have a pretty modest collection of SNES, Genesis, Intellivision, Gamecube.

For Xmas this year I got a Genesis Everdrive X7. I also got a Genesis Mini. I have young kids, so the ability to play in front of a big screen with them is appealing. I already have an SNES mini, and it really doesn't get a whole lot of play. Much of that reason is because I don't want to have to read RPGs to them all day long, and they don't really have the dexterity for something like Super Mario World (but maybe I try that again).

Anyway, I like the system, but I'm wondering if I'd get as much (or more) utility out of a Analogue. I was considering just getting one for both the SNES and Genesis, selling off my collection to some friends, and rolling with the everdrives. The problem is that would also mean getting rid of a CRT (probably not hard, but a bit of a potential pain) and the best option for playing the other types of systems (gamecube and intellivision).

The other bit of a problem is I don't have a fantastic place for the CRT. I had it in a closet under my stairs in the basement and played on the floor kid style... but getting someone else to share the experience would be tough. I have a theater room where I could probably put it, but it's a small room, and it would have to be tucked in a corner...and I prefer it to look pretty clean.

So my options...

1. Keep CRT/classic consoles, mini consoles
2. Keep CRT/classic consoles, mini consoles, get analogues
3. Sell CRT/classic consoles and games, return or sell mini consoles, convert to analogues
4. Sell just games, keep everything else
5. Keep all classics, sell everything else.

Thanks for indulging me. I'm probably forgetting some other options.. so feel free to toss out other ideas I hadn't considered.

#2181 4 years ago

You could mod your old consoles to output hdmi or RGB, and keep them running on a new tv.

I have a crt for nes, n64, ps1, GameCube, and dreamcast. Most of them run everdrives or have been sd card modded.
I have an hdtv for wii, PS3 and the mini nes, mini snes, mini genesis. Mini TG16 will be released soon too.

Rumor is that the PS5 will have full backwards compatibility, that will make some old CD games popular again. Get them now before the price goes up

#2182 4 years ago

Rumor is that the PS5 will have full backwards compatibility, that will make some old CD games popular again. Get them now before the price goes up

I'd be surprised if it is fully backwards compatible. They've confirmed PS4. I'd love to see it, but I would expect the cost to develop and build would be higher than the amount of people who'd truly make use of it. I was super sad when my PS3 Fat died. I fixed it twice, but it was getting old having to open it up and heat back up. But eventually gave in and bought a Slim because I wasn't really playing any PS2 or 1 games. But now I wished I had a good working Fat back.

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I grew up in the 90s, and SNES was my jam. Genesis was also great, and I got the console as a gift from my grandparents as a xmas present - probably the best present of my life.
I have a Trinitron CRT I got for free not that long ago. I have a pretty modest collection of SNES, Genesis, Intellivision, Gamecube.
For Xmas thjis=I got a Genesis Everdrive X7. I also got a Genesis Mini. I have young kids, so the ability to play in front of a big screen with them is appealing. I already have an SNES mini, and it really doesn't get a whole lot of play. Much of that reason is because I don't want to have to read RPGs to them all day long, and they don't really have the dexterity for something like Super Mario World (but maybe I try that again).
Anyway, I like the system, but I'm wondering if I'd get as much (or more) utility out of a Analogue. I was considering just getting one for both the SNES and Genesis, selling off my collection to some friends, and rolling with the everdrives. The problem is that would also mean getting rid of a CRT (probably not hard, but a bit of a potential pain) and the best option for playing the other types of systems (gamecube and intellivision).
The other bit of a problem is I don't have a fantastic place for the CRT. I had it in a closet under my stairs in the basement and played on the floor kid style... but getting someone else to share the experience would be tough. I have a theater room where I could probably put it, but it's a small room, and it would have to be tucked in a corner...and I prefer it to look pretty clean.
So my options...
3. Sell CRT/classic consoles and games, return or sell mini consoles, convert to analogues
Thanks for indulging me. I'm probably forgetting some other options.. so feel free to toss out other ideas I hadn't considered.

Sell everything and get a raspberry pie and emulate. It looks great through HDMI. It should be under $100 all in.

#2184 4 years ago

For Xmas thjis=I got a Genesis Everdrive X7. I also got a Genesis Mini. I have young kids, so the ability to play in front of a big screen with them is appealing. I already have an SNES mini, and it really doesn't get a whole lot of play. Much of that reason is because I don't want to have to read RPGs to them all day long, and they don't really have the dexterity for something like Super Mario World (but maybe I try that again).
So my options...

Since your TV should have component get the HDretrovision cables for snes and sega.

#2185 4 years ago

Playing this tonight...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'd be surprised if it is fully backwards compatible.

I first heard this rumor about a year ago, but my hopes were dashed the more I read up on it. Now it looks like it may actually be true. Awesome if so!

#2187 4 years ago

I've been debating this for quite a while...

I’m in a similar situation. I enjoy collecting the cartridges and displaying them, so Everdrive is out. I don’t have room for a dedicated play space and huge CRT, so that’s out. I bought a RetroUSB NVS (NES) and an Analogue NT (SNES). I LOVE THEM. Flawless hardware FPGA recreation of both systems. HDMI HD output with all kinds of scaling options. Ability to play Japanese and US carts. 100% (or damn near) compatibility. I’ll buy the Analogue Pocket (Gameboy, GBA, and more) when it comes out.

I put my old consoles in the attic for safe keeping. Playing original carts on real hardware scratches the itch for me. I still have a small CRT tucked away in a closet, but I don’t use it and wouldn’t have a problem getting rid of it.

Also, I posted my big 250lb CRT on Craigslist for free as a retro game monitor and it was gone within a day.

#2188 4 years ago

Just picked up this 5200 lot off of FB marketplace. It's my first time playing a 5200. I have to say, it's not a bad console, despite some of the horror stories I've heard. The controllers are hot garbage, though. Some games are almost unplayable because of the horrible analog stick.

20200125_153216 (resized).jpg20200125_153216 (resized).jpg
#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Just picked up this 5200 lot off of FB marketplace. It's my first time playing a 5200. I have to say, it's not a bad console, despite some of the horror stories I've heard. The controllers are hot garbage, though. Some games are almost unplayable because of the horrible analog stick.[quoted image]

dang. looks clean. labels look crisp.

I don't really understand why everyone insisted on playing their games out in the sandbox while it was raining, after burying their GI Joes in the mud. Maybe I was the only one who didn't?

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Just picked up this 5200 lot off of FB marketplace. It's my first time playing a 5200. I have to say, it's not a bad console, despite some of the horror stories I've heard. The controllers are hot garbage, though. Some games are almost unplayable because of the horrible analog stick.[quoted image]

Wasn't that the problem with this console? I loved the graphics and thought about getting one.

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Wasn't that the problem with this console? I loved the graphics and thought about getting one.

I think people's feelings about the 5200 would be different if it had a better controller. Both controllers had issues and after cleaning and getting then working properly, I still hate them. The side buttons cramp your hands after minutes and playing games like berserk and galaxian with a non centering stick made me want to kick a puppy. The trackball and a wico stick are going to be my next purchase.

#2192 4 years ago

many of the consoles could have been much better had the controllers been a bit more comfortable and ergonomic. colecovision, intellivision and 5200 are few of those that come to mind

#2193 4 years ago

anyone know what the going rate for a Dreamcast kiosk is? I'm trying to track one down but it seems everyone wants 1 to 2 grand for them, which I find absurd as i'd rather spend that on a pin.

#2194 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

anyone know what the going rate for a Dreamcast kiosk is? I'm trying to track one down but it seems everyone wants 1 to 2 grand for them, which I find absurd as i'd rather spend that on a pin.

Thats probably about right. DC stuff is expensive and kiosks are expensive. Put them together and you got something really expensive

On another note, I've decided to start selling off my collection. I got tons of stuff from NES SNES genesis, and a lot of weird oddities. I got lots of consoles atari 2600's, 5200s, jag, jag cd, turbografx, hyperscan, ect. Many boxes and manuals. Just tons of BS. If anyone is looking for anything in particular get a hold of me and we can work out a deal

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats probably about right. DC stuff is expensive and kiosks are expensive. Put them together and you got something really expensive
On another note, I've decided to start selling off my collection. I got tons of stuff from NES SNES genesis, and a lot of weird oddities. I got lots of consoles atari 2600's, 5200s, jag, jag cd, turbografx, hyperscan, ect. Many boxes and manuals. Just tons of BS. If anyone is looking for anything in particular get a hold of me and we can work out a deal

Bummer now im kicking myself for not buying one this summer for $500

#2196 4 years ago

Please consider signing this request at change.org regarding the Analogue NT mini.

Analogue has stated that if they receive 1,000 signatures they will make another run. For those not familiar with the NT mini. It’s an FPGA that perfectly emulates the NES. Analogue made one run and they are on eBay for over $1,000.

A remake will ensure everyone will get one and the ones on eBay will become more reasonably priced.

Thanks

http://chng.it/7SJMXhgsYd

#2197 4 years ago

Signed. Thanks for the heads up. I was never really an NES guy, but I might grab one of those and a everdrive if they make them again.

#2198 4 years ago

Signed. Thanks for the heads up. I was never really an NES guy, but I might grab one of those and a everdrive if they make them again.

Cool. Thanks for signing. I think it will easily hit 1,000 signatures. Keep an eye out for the next run.

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

Cool. Thanks for signing. I think it will easily hit 1,000 signatures. Keep an eye out for the next run.

Signed too. I missed the boat on those and picked up the SNES and Genesis versions which I love. Really wish they’d do another run of Neo Geo too. Plan on getting the portable when it releases too.

#2200 4 years ago

I got an extra jail-broke Neo Geo X with console, controller and about every game.

There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/44?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.