IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 62.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from andyharsh:

Decided to put my Complete Licensed NES collection out for sale in my Retro Game store this Friday. Going to miss it in my personal collection, but the plan is to replace the games we sell (by putting up trade bounties and stuff like that) and always carry every title as we go, so hopefully the collection will stay together. It'll be fun just seeing the average persons reaction seeing all this in the store for once, instead of it being hidden on my office's shelves [quoted image][quoted image]

Now what I really wanted to post

I might be interested in the gunnac

Also when do you think you'll get the neo geo SD pro mvs boards?

Also that shelf is freaking awesome

#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from andyharsh:

Decided to put my Complete Licensed NES collection out for sale in my Retro Game store this Friday. Going to miss it in my personal collection, but the plan is to replace the games we sell (by putting up trade bounties and stuff like that) and always carry every title as we go, so hopefully the collection will stay together. It'll be fun just seeing the average persons reaction seeing all this in the store for once, instead of it being hidden on my office's shelves [quoted image][quoted image]

How did the employees of Kmart act when you brought in a dolly cart and just took the display full of games right out the front door in 1989?

That's an impressive collection.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Now what I really wanted to post
I might be interested in the gunnac
Also when do you think you'll get the neo geo SD pro mvs boards?
Also that shelf is freaking awesome

Hey man, those are some nice Turbo games, I love blazing lazers very fun. Gunnac is awesome as well. We are supposed to get the NeoSDs in a week or 2 but they've having some trouble with their new shipping account so we're not sure about the delay yet. I'm not sure how soon they've have pro version of the MVS, we may be getting a few of the AES pros and then a bunch of regular MVS and AES versions this time around. I'll keep you in mind for when we do finally get the pro MVS version though.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from andyharsh:

Decided to put my Complete Licensed NES collection out for sale in my Retro Game store this Friday.

Whoa, nice collection! It’s pretty cool that you’re putting it out there for people to see and also pretty crazy that you’re putting them up for sale considering the amount of effort your had to put into acquiring them! You run a store? Pics of the store!

1 month later
#2105 4 years ago

So here is something you don't see every day. I went to ReplayFX for Pinburgh and walked out with two original ship boxes of unopened ET games.
IMG_20190805_103825 (resized).jpgIMG_20190805_103825 (resized).jpg

This one is the lesser condition of the two, but is the picture I have handy. It has the boxes stuck together and some damage to the shipping cardboard. The other is in fantastic shape. All six games at least 8.5/10 unopened and the box too

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

So here is something you don't see every day. I went to ReplayFX for Pinburgh and walked out with two original ship boxes of unopened ET games.
[quoted image]
This one is the lesser condition of the two, but is the picture I have handy. It has the boxes stuck together and some damage to the shipping cardboard. The other is in fantastic shape. All six games at least 8.5/10 unopened and the box too

Did you learn where these came from? We’re they found in the dump excavation from a couple years ago? I never heard if they actually found anything.

#2107 4 years ago

My recent retro gaming find was a crt on the side of the road in a rich neighborhood. I picked up a Sony Trinitron KV-27FV310. Some people think these are the best retro SDTV consumer grade tv there is. It has a flat screen so I’ll probably hold on to my older curved screen Sony too, it’s still a very nice model, so I might as well throw it into storage

I’ve still got my eye out for a proper PVM, but I’m not willing to pay eBay prices

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

My recent retro gaming find was a crt on the side of the road in a rich neighborhood. I picked up a Sony Trinitron KV-27FV310. Some people think these are the best retro SDTV consumer grade tv there is. It has a flat screen so I’ll probably hold on to my older curved screen Sony too, it’s still a very nice model, so I might as well throw it into storage
I’ve still got my eye out for a proper PVM, but I’m not willing to pay eBay prices

nice. ive given away almost all of my crts cause i just dont have room anymore. have a sony 20m2u pvm tho that is a dream! reach out to your local news stations, they probably have them collecting dust somewhere. thats where i got mine!

#2109 4 years ago

Did you learn where these came from? We’re they found in the dump excavation from a couple years ago? I never heard if they actually found anything.

They did, and Microsoft had some of the finds on display at their "lounge" at a Convention hotel during San Diego Comic Con in 2014:
IMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpg
Plus their was a documentary done about the search for the dumped stuff.

#2110 4 years ago

My recent retro gaming find was a crt on the side of the road in a rich neighborhood. I picked up a Sony Trinitron KV-27FV310.

How much did you pay for it? I have a 24 or 25 inch one of those. Couple months ago my mom said they had 8 CRT TV's that we'd all had at one point, down in the basement that they were going to go dump at a place. I said hold onto the Sony one, it might be worth something. The 19in RCA can go. ha.

#2111 4 years ago

I lucked out with a Sony Trinitron KD-34XBR970 off Craigslist. It weighs in at just under 200lbs. the owner was tired of all the tire kickers that came out but couldn't lift it. She wanted it gone ASAP so strapped to my dolly and zipped it right up the stairs.

The picture is stunning with component or HDMI. I also have a Sharp 27F541 for my GC component setup

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

How much did you pay for it? I have a 24 or 25 inch one of those. Couple months ago my mom said they had 8 CRT TV's that we'd all had at one point, down in the basement that they were going to go dump at a place. I said hold onto the Sony one, it might be worth something. The 19in RCA can go. ha.

Luckily I got it for free. The problem with all crt’s is that 95% of the population thinks that they’re worthless. So most crt TVs get tossed to the curb. The 5% of the population whom realizes that these are valuable pieces of history, unfortunately have no way to source them. I found this by fluke.

#2113 4 years ago

The guy I talked to does renovation and clean outs of old buildings. He found them back around 2002 about 25 miles south of here in an old electronics store they were renovating. He just happened to bring them the same day we parked next to each other in the garage and met drinking a beer between Pinburgh rounds

#2114 4 years ago

Luckily I got it for free. The problem with all crt’s is that 95% of the population thinks that they’re worthless. So most crt TVs get tossed to the curb. The 5% of the population whom realizes that these are valuable pieces of history, unfortunately have no way to source them. I found this by fluke.

Ha. I missed the "side of the road" part. Or maybe I just assume that meant yard sale. ha.

I tried to list mine on Offer up a couple months ago. I only go one response from a jackass who tried to tell me that I was an idiot for asking what I was. I told him to look up the prices and find one cheaper. He then told me that "I guess I should have searched for 'free'." To which I said he could have my 19in rca for free. Guess he wasn't looking that hard. Never responded. Just being a dick.

#2115 4 years ago

I've been digging into famicom lately. I got this fdsstick which emulates the disk drive. For 20 bucks it's a great little device. You still need the ram adapter but no poor sound emulation like the ever drive or power pack.

Love the extra sound channel on some of the fds games.

20190808_112202 (resized).jpg20190808_112202 (resized).jpg
#2116 4 years ago

Hey All,
If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of Neo Geo MVS carts I'm looking to sell - PM me if interested.

1 week later
#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm at the PRGE this weekend, and the keynote is about a new Intellivision coming...

Looks like the Amico is still on track. A year later and another trailer is out, before the release in another year. This time some of the games are shown (1:50 mark if you want to skip the hype). They just look like retro remakes you see on Steam or Xbox marketplace: nothing special. These are supposed to bring family/people together to play?

It's fun trying to recognize the Intellivision originals being revamped: Triple Action, Spacehawk, Astrosmash, Night Stalker. Then there's some remakes of random classics: Moon Patrol, Asteroids, Missile Command. What else?

#2118 4 years ago

Decided to play Rise of the Dragon on the Sega CD. Still have this game from back in the day, and I remember not getting very far in it, and I see why now. The game is damn hard and too linear, and possibly buggy? Even while following a walk-through, I still couldn't beat the game.

I tried to play it as if I was playing it for the first time. Didn't look anything up at first, but then was stuck. Then realized I made a wrong choice in a conversation early on, and after you do that, you cannot progress. So I started over again. Then I get to another stuck point. Look up the walkthrough, and realize I'm again stuck because of a bad choice. So I start once more, and follow the guide more closely, then I run out of time and the game ends.

Frustrating. I love a game like this and was really looking forward to finally beating it after 25+ years, but looks like that'll have to be a little longer of a wait. I'm done with it for a while.

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Looks like the Amico is still on track.

That trailer is hilarious. Tommy basically describes the Nintendo Switch...which EXISTS already.

I have no idea who this is for. Almost no one has nostalgia for Intellivision or their IP, and casual gamers have tons of options already. The whole "families and casual gamers are LOST...we will SAVE THEM!" pitch is delusional.

#2120 4 years ago

streamed some Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure for SNES last night on twitch and beat it. what a brutal game with some of the mechanics of the boss fights. the platforming is easy enough but the way enemies knock you back but you dont knock them back is ridiculous, and the amount of frames it takes to do a move really screws you at times. It does have a neat hidden level where you play Piftfall from the 2600 tho which is neat.

https://www.twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

#2121 4 years ago

My original copy I bought at Electronics Boutique back when it was first out.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That trailer is hilarious. Tommy basically describes the Nintendo Switch...which EXISTS already.
I have no idea who this is for. Almost no one has nostalgia for Intellivision or their IP, and casual gamers have tons of options already. The whole "families and casual gamers are LOST...we will SAVE THEM!" pitch is delusional.

The gameplay looks like updated cell phone versions of classic games. Honestly, those pixelated graphics of the originals are part of the charm. Moon patrol with 3d graphics does nothing for me

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I was thinking the original Wii already did this and much better. It reminds me of the same kind of hype that surrounded CDi and 3DO when those were coming out. I'm just following it as a curiosity: might pick one up as a novelty when they fail and are cleared out.

#2124 4 years ago

I look at this as kinda a secondary system, also it’s like they’re trying to rekindle some of the wii’s Magic of having people play together in one room.

I used to own a PS3 for watching movies and playing Triple A games, but I also owned a Wii so that we could bowl when mom came over, to we could box out some energy after a shitty day at work. My wife created a mii character of her boss just for that reason.

This Intellivision won’t be a flagship console. Just a secondary system to play unique games on, and since the games are all exclusive, they might move a couple of consoles.

#2125 4 years ago

If you really want news about the latest and greatest in retrogaming you should browse the forums over at AtariAge. I don't see any mention in this thread of new projects like the CollectorVision Phoenix, SGM2, Omni or new games for the 2600 like Galaga and Wizard of Wor.

#2126 4 years ago

Isn't this what got Atari in trouble and was part of their downfall?

And while I'm sure they'll be quality some quality games, I can't help but think of those "mutli-cade" devices of 5-10 years ago where all the games were just cheaply made port ripoffs of other games.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.17.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.17.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.17.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.17.35 AM (resized).png
#2127 4 years ago

@woody22 I remember being an impressionable pre teen when Rise came out and it being the first game I had played that swore at me. (The electrical box .. if you aren't there, you'll need the walkthrough there too).

It definitely could have been refined, but for a game from 1990, its pretty killer. Almost anything I play from 1990 has some pain points nowadays.

#2128 4 years ago

picked up some acrylic displays for my N64 games. unfortunately 3 games dont fit flush all the way across but these were the best fit to get 2 units on each shelf. You can find these on amazon as nail polish displays. they come with different amounts of shelves and different sizes. I always hated how you couldnt see what game an N64 cart was since they didnt do labels on the top of the carts. I am happy with this solution tho. works pretty good for gameboy games too

20190806_230017 (resized).jpg20190806_230017 (resized).jpg

#2129 4 years ago

I look at this as kinda a secondary system, also it’s like they’re trying to rekindle some of the wii’s Magic of having people play together in one room.
I used to own a PS3 for watching movies and playing Triple A games, but I also owned a Wii so that we could bowl when mom came over, to we could box out some energy after a shitty day at work. My wife created a mii character of her boss just for that reason.
This Intellivision won’t be a flagship console. Just a secondary system to play unique games on, and since the games are all exclusive, they might move a couple of consoles.

That's exactly what Switch is. Hardcores have a PC, XBox1, or PS4 for the big 4k super duper hardcore realism complex games. Switch is the cuter, simpler, family, multiplayer with friends and family console. It's the already the "secondary" system for most.

4 weeks later
#2130 4 years ago

Busy weekend for me. I got an everdrive for my NES totally loaded with rom hacks and homebrew games. The problem is that I turned on my NES for the first time in like 5 years and got the white screen of death. So, I guess it’s time to finally replace the caps on the power supply board. Last night I got it ripped apart, today I hope my local electronics store has what I need.

I also got the sega mini from amazon in the mail. Haven’t had a chance to hook it up yet, but the reviews seem positive. Did anyone else get one? I stopped in Walmart on my way to work yesterday, they only had 3 systems in stock, I wonder if they will be as rare as the mini nes was.

#2131 4 years ago

I received my genesis mini yesterday as well, but haven't had the chance to open it yet. I have one of the (hopefully) limited edition versions coming from japan (w/ two 6-button controllers and the mock cartridge that fits in the top of the system)

#2132 4 years ago

I fell into the NES & SNES mini hype fun, but the truth is I barely played them as I have better ways of playing those games. I have an Analogue Mega SG for perfect HDMI Genesis, so I’m gonna pass on the Genesis Mini for now. Maybe if it’s on sale for cheapie cheap in the future.

#2133 4 years ago

Just got a Mega SD, really liking it so far!

It's a flashcart with a Sega CD drive emulator built in, no Sega CD hardware required.

There's a bunch of bad FMV games, but I'm really enjoying WireHead and Road Avenger.

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I fell into the NES & SNES mini hype fun, but the truth is I barely played them as I have better ways of playing those games. I have an Analogue Mega SG for perfect HDMI Genesis, so I’m gonna pass on the Genesis Mini for now. Maybe if it’s on sale for cheapie cheap in the future.

I’ve been close to ordering a mega SG. Hmmmm. Sega genesis is my all time favorite. I have many of my original carts from the early nineties.

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve been close to ordering a mega SG. Hmmmm. Sega genesis is my all time favorite. I have many of my original carts from the early nineties.

It’s absolute perfection. No lag. Perfect visuals and sound. Visuals & Sound are customizable in a ton of ways. You can play your carts on it, or you can run custom firmware and play Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, and others off an SD card.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s absolute perfection. No lag. Perfect visuals and sound. Visuals & Sound are customizable in a ton of ways. You can play your carts on it, or you can run custom firmware and play Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, and others off an SD card.

Yup I probably get one late fall. Thanks.

1 week later
#2137 4 years ago

I got a mini Genesis recently too!

cdx (resized).jpgcdx (resized).jpg
#2138 4 years ago

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis is a mini Genesis.....

537E1532-7B96-410E-9E33-5B03A61B33AB (resized).jpeg537E1532-7B96-410E-9E33-5B03A61B33AB (resized).jpeg5AEDA924-5064-4849-A725-97327C8F43F1 (resized).jpeg5AEDA924-5064-4849-A725-97327C8F43F1 (resized).jpeg
#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I got a mini Genesis recently too![quoted image]

Got one of those last year. Had a heck of a time getting the laser working again. After replacing all Caps. Bought three replacement laser, and still no go. Then tried to adjust the POTS, and while I can get close, it's never perfect. But if I power off and try playing the disc again, it doesn't work until I mess with the pots again.

I bought a cheap oscilloscope hoping I could figure it out, but haven't and is still sitting in pieces. I want it to be 100% functional again, but at this point, I may just settle for a display piece.

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis is a mini Genesis.....[quoted image][quoted image]

i SUPER hope they release the stack in the states. Guess US-based Youtubers are getting Genesis branded versions, but Japan is the only place selling them.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Got one of those last year. Had a heck of a time getting the laser working again. After replacing all Caps. Bought three replacement laser, and still no go. Then tried to adjust the POTS, and while I can get close, it's never perfect. But if I power off and try playing the disc again, it doesn't work until I mess with the pots again.
I bought a cheap oscilloscope hoping I could figure it out, but haven't and is still sitting in pieces. I want it to be 100% functional again, but at this point, I may just settle for a display piece.

Estarland repairs them. I bought mine from them and it's like new. I've had them repair a Turbo Express before that had low sound and they did good work on it. If you have some nice condition stuff to trade in, they give decent prices for some of it too.

https://www.estarland.com/service/repair/SegaCD/42

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

i SUPER hope they release the stack in the states. Guess US-based Youtubers are getting Genesis branded versions, but Japan is the only place selling them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if sega is watching those you tubers very closely. If they get enough interest I bet they come to North America. Maybe even for Christmas if the unit sales numbers are good enough. So far they seem to be getting way better reviews than the ps mini.

I’m sure there’s got to be a website that you could get them from. Maybe eBay japan, or google shop japan.

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

initially, those stacks were going for $80-100 but have settled down to about $60-65. they must have made a lot of them because I thought that they were going to be exclusively a famitsu special edition

I received both my Japanese mini and us mini last week. waiting for the 2 stacks to arrive now

#2144 4 years ago

Nice to see all the flash cart and FPGA aquisitions. I've been swearing by these things for years.

#2145 4 years ago

Wear it proudly.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_29 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_29 (resized).jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a (resized).jpg
#2146 4 years ago

a new game came out for the NES via kick starter called Micro Mages and it has 4 player action. We streamed it last night, really fun, cool game! heres a funny clip of me team killing someone lol

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/491909392

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

a new game came out for the NES via kick starter called Micro Mages and it has 4 player action. We streamed it last night, really fun, cool game! heres a funny clip of me team killing someone lol
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/491909392

I can vouch for this game. It was the first nes game that I’ve unboxed in 30 years. That was fun, but the game is awesome. You can download it on steam for like $5 I think.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2148 4 years ago

The hell mode is crazy! Way fun with 4 players, have you gotten 4 together yet ?

#2149 4 years ago

Just a heads up.
If your local Sears store is closing in your area, check out the fixtures sale.
Multiple duplicates of old component display CRT TV's available for a few bucks.
Also store displays and signs of Playstation, Xbox, Gamecube etc.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The hell mode is crazy! Way fun with 4 players, have you gotten 4 together yet ?

Not yet. I’ve been waiting to get a 4 score for my nes to play 4 player on original hardware instead of on the pc.

There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.