IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 62.
#2051 4 years ago

I just picked up a Trinitron. I was going through my retro stuff - I thought about getting a Super NT and Genesis version, but that doesn't help me with some of my other stuff, like intellivision.

I really don't have much space for this type of thing right now. My space under the stairs was finished. I think I may try to find a way to make this functional, if not cozy.. I'm thinking a short stand and I'll play on the floor just like the old days. Put the consoles on the side of the TV, and games mounted on a shelf above.

Anyone else have any ideas for this kind of space?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#2052 4 years ago

It's that time of year again, where I become obsessed with retro gaming. Got the parts all ready to build a 4th Gameboy Zero, this time with the CM3 Pi board. Also just ordered a BittBoy v3. Was cheap enough to see how well it plays. And if it's terrible, I'm not out a whole lot.

Also just got an GBA SP. Used to have one, then sold it. Now I'm wondering if I had the one with the backlit display, because I don't remember the game looking this bad. But I doubt I did, I got it a year or so after it was released. Now I'm obsessed with finding GBA games. Just ordered a bunch, mainly the pinball ones right now. Will have to swing by the used game stores this weekend to see what I can find.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

It's that time of year again, where I become obsessed with retro gaming. Got the parts all ready to build a 4th Gameboy Zero, this time with the CM3 Pi board. Also just ordered a BittBoy v3. Was cheap enough to see how well it plays. And if it's terrible, I'm not out a whole lot.
Also just got an GBA SP. Used to have one, then sold it. Now I'm wondering if I had the one with the backlit display, because I don't remember the game looking this bad. But I doubt I did, I got it a year or so after it was released. Now I'm obsessed with finding GBA games. Just ordered a bunch, mainly the pinball ones right now. Will have to swing by the used game stores this weekend to see what I can find.

love the GBA! lots of great games on there!

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

love the GBA! lots of great games on there!

I think I like them more now than when I used to have one. I was always disappointed by the games because I wanted real Tony Hawk, or a real driving game. The games I liked on the consoles didn't translate to the GBA. Now I'm going back and finding the games that I should have been playing.

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Also just ordered a BittBoy v3. Was cheap enough to see how well it plays. And if it's terrible, I'm not out a whole lot.

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these bittboys last week. Post your feedback, cuz I'm interested.

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

House of the Dead pinball was my game back in the day. I still gets played today.

#2057 4 years ago

the SNES is my favorite system and the GBA is like portable SNES style games. I didnt have much of a collection back in the day when it was available but have been building up a library lately. Have the GBA player on my gamecube with the gameboy player controller and its whats up!

#2058 4 years ago

Sonic Spinball was probably my favorite game for the Genesis. Or what I ended up playing the most probably. Love it, but was sorta disappointed with the theme of it. Wished it wasn't set in a sewer.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Lol i finally found one with the good screen.

Gonna throw it in my nes gba. Took me forever to find each one in the wild.

But my god the old screen is pretty bad

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Lol i finally found one with the good screen.
Gonna throw it in my nes gba. Took me forever to find each one in the wild.
But my god the old screen is pretty bad

I did have the very first GBA in that translucent pinkish color. And remember that screen being terrible to see. But loved the SP as it folded up to protect the screen, but really have no memory of the screen being good or bad. May have just been the best at that time, and wasn't used to how screens are today. HA!

But man, I am super kicking myself for not buying all the Gameboy Micros at Walmart for $25 each. I even remember thinking at that time, "What am I going to do with just one? It's already obsolete, the DS has been out for a couple years and it plays GBA games." Seeing them for $300+ on ebay makes me sick. If only I bought two, opened one up and stuck the other one away. Oh well. It's just like the stock market. You never know.

#2061 4 years ago

Oh. also saw that RetroFlag is making a GB style case. Looks super cool and simple. Just add your own Raspberry Pi Zero. No soldering required. Just too bad they went with AA batteries for some reason.

http://retroflag.com/GPi-CASE.html

#2062 4 years ago

I was thinking about removing all the ICs from an Atari Lynx and rebuilding it into a smaller unit custom PCB using one of the new replacement LCD's.

Thoughts?

#2064 4 years ago

Thank goodness for the Konami code. I would have probably destroyed the console if it was only 3 lives.

Also, I SWEAR that there was a code for 99 lives with the original Contra for the NES. Couple years ago I tried to find information on it, and came up with nothing. Then I thought I saw that it was a 2-step process, and the code had to be entered twice really quickly the second time at a certain point.

I never had the game, I always played it at a friends, and we used to be able to beat the game 2 or three times on the number of lives given. Once you beat the game, you can continue with the lives left over.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Thank goodness for the Konami code. I would have probably destroyed the console if it was only 3 lives.
Also, I SWEAR that there was a code for 99 lives with the original Contra for the NES. Couple years ago I tried to find information on it, and came up with nothing. Then I thought I saw that it was a 2-step process, and the code had to be entered twice really quickly the second time at a certain point.
I never had the game, I always played it at a friends, and we used to be able to beat the game 2 or three times on the number of lives given. Once you beat the game, you can continue with the lives left over.

i think it just gives you 30 lives in Contra, not 99.

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i think it just gives you 30 lives in Contra, not 99.

That's what I've found out when trying to find info on 99 lives. My memory is pretty good though. I can remember some conversations vividly from way back when I was 2. So it's surprising if I'm remembering 99 lives differently. Maybe it was a different game and I have them mixed up?

#2067 4 years ago

THIS is what I remember. Look in his description. Says the code has to be entered again before the jungle scene. This is what I remember doing. It has to be entered quick. I remember we restarted the NES if we didn't get it in in time. (May have to go to Youtube page to see description.)

#2068 4 years ago

No idea why but my one buddy from auctions sold me a sealed retron5 and a 7800 lot for less than a new retron5.

He got it for a steal but I've been looking for a 7800 for a while, the price was fair l.

Also wanted a retron5 just so I wouldn't have to bring a system up from the game room when the wife wants to play some snes or genesis.

I'm just laughing because I'm playing blood & truth on psvr and 7800 in the same day.

20190528_130056 (resized).jpg20190528_130056 (resized).jpg
#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I did have the very first GBA in that translucent pinkish color. And remember that screen being terrible to see. But loved the SP as it folded up to protect the screen, but really have no memory of the screen being good or bad. May have just been the best at that time, and wasn't used to how screens are today. HA!

There are two models of SP. The first has a frontlit screen, the second has a brilliant backlit screen (AGS-101)

#2070 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That's what I've found out when trying to find info on 99 lives. My memory is pretty good though. I can remember some conversations vividly from way back when I was 2. So it's surprising if I'm remembering 99 lives differently. Maybe it was a different game and I have them mixed up?

Perhaps your memory isn't as good as you thought.

It's only 30, though I'm sure you would be able to go higher with something like a Game Genie.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Perhaps your memory isn't as good as you thought.
It's only 30, though I'm sure you would be able to go higher with something like a Game Genie.

No Game Genie used. I know that for sure. I never had one, and none of my friends did either.

I've been looking around, and have found a couple people posting similar stuff, and all pretty much say it was a second step. I tried a few things on my RetroPie setup the other day without any success. I still maintain I'm 99% certain it's real. I will find it.

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I was thinking about removing all the ICs from an Atari Lynx and rebuilding it into a smaller unit custom PCB using one of the new replacement LCD's.
Thoughts?

I'm a fan of the Lynx, so it's cool that you're considering this project. Using a replacement LCD seems topical with the 8-bit guys recent vid. If a replacement LCD for the Lynx could take advantage of the same pixel-doubling scheme, that would be ideal!

How much could it be scaled down? I imagine there's plenty of room for optimization here. Is it possible that so much space can be saved that it can be reconfigured into a more gameboy-style layout? ...the Nintari Gamelynx? (It seems like heresy to suggest this, but 35 years of Nintendo marketing have left me unable to imagine any other button configuration)

So yes, as the *other* Lynx enthusiast on the internet I would like to see what you can do with this!

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Also, I SWEAR that there was a code for 99 lives with the original Contra for the NES. Couple years ago I tried to find information on it, and came up with nothing.

Nooooope!

#2074 4 years ago

Sure you aren't thinking of the 99 life trick in Super Mario Bros with thr turtle shell?

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sure you aren't thinking of the 99 life trick in Super Mario Bros with thr turtle shell?

Ha. I forgot about that. Probably not though as I never had the patients to wait that long. I know it wasn't long, but still.

#2076 4 years ago

Saw this on twitter:
Mega Drive Mini (resized).jpgMega Drive Mini (resized).jpg
#SEGAMegaDriveMini

#2077 4 years ago

Much better than their previous attempt.

#2078 4 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2079 4 years ago

Hooked up mad retro. Currently finishing a corner tv stand too too house consoles vs being on the floor.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Hooked up mad retro. Currently finishing a corner tv stand too too house consoles vs being on the floor.[quoted image][quoted image]

We have a pretty similar Genesis collection, and I was just playing Madden 94 a couple of days ago (I gave up pretty quick, though).

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We have a pretty similar Genesis collection, and I was just playing Madden 94 a couple of days ago (I gave up pretty quick, though).

I’ve that’s my original copy of madden that I bought in 94. I’ve spent countless hours playing that and nhl 94. I have a ton of more games in a few storage bins in my basement

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Saw this on twitter:
[quoted image]
#SEGAMegaDriveMini

They couldn't have put them in alphabetical order?

#2083 4 years ago

time to play

IMG_20190606_153118297 (resized).jpgIMG_20190606_153118297 (resized).jpg
#2084 4 years ago

I put in a Pre order for the sega mini console. The list of games looks good, and the company making it is much better then AT Games at porting games. I’m a little worried that it won’t be hackable, and that I won’t be able to add more games. I do think that sega will try to knock it outta the park with this machine, especially since it was originally decimated by the Internet when they announced that AT Games we’re going to build it. After seeing Nintendo and sony’s Mini system releases I think that this one will be good.

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

time to play [quoted image]

LOAD "*",8,1

c64 (resized).jpgc64 (resized).jpg

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I put in a Pre order for the sega mini console. The list of games looks good, and the company making it is much better then AT Games at porting games. I’m a little worried that it won’t be hackable, and that I won’t be able to add more games. I do think that sega will try to knock it outta the park with this machine, especially since it was originally decimated by the Internet when they announced that AT Games we’re going to build it. After seeing Nintendo and sony’s Mini system releases I think that this one will be good.

Sega genesis was/is my favorite console. Nes was my first console.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

He got it for a steal but I've been looking for a 7800 for a while, the price was fair l.

timtim - Not sure how fair the price was and I can't see the other titles due to the glare - but that 7800 version of Double Dragon is a pretty desireable game all to itself. Very nice snag!

If you feel like going rare game hunting for something totally nuts, I totally recommend trying to find a copy of Ninja Golf for the 7800. It's exactly what it sounds like and just as absurd.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m a little worried that it won’t be hackable, and that I won’t be able to add more games

If that’s your concern, just skip this & get an Analogue Mega SG & update it with the jailbreak firmware. It’s Sega Genesis HDMI NO-lag perfection. With the custom firmware, you can put every Genesis/Mega Drive game ever on an SD card...and also Master System, Game Gear, Colecovision & SG-1000 games!

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Timtim - Not sure how fair the price was and I can't see the other titles due to the glare - but that 7800 version of Double Dragon is a pretty desireable game all to itself. Very nice snag!
If you feel like going rare game hunting for something totally nuts, I totally recommend trying to find a copy of Ninja Golf for the 7800. It's exactly what it sounds like and just as absurd.

Oh ninja golf is on my radar and just up my alley, also looking for a midnight mutants.

#2090 4 years ago

Saw last night the History Channel showed a preview of a show that's going to go over the history of video games. Looks interesting. Sorry, don't remember the details right now. Was going to look it up later to mark it for my DVR.

#2092 4 years ago

Pretty decent show. A bit dry but it was a good review. I didn’t learn much new as most of that has been covered in various ways before, but still enjoyed it. All the interviews with the real players makes it good.

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Pretty decent show. A bit dry but it was a good review. I didn’t learn much new as most of that has been covered in various ways before, but still enjoyed it. All the interviews with the real players makes it good.

I missed it last night. But did set Sling to record it. Will have to check it out tonight.

#2094 4 years ago

I really liked it. They definitely could have added another hour or so to get into the next gen console war.

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I really liked it. They definitely could have added another hour or so to get into the next gen console war.

Yes, I agree. There could easily be a second part that is just as long, although I don't know if it would be as interesting personality-wise. It really is something to think about the impact of a few people - Bushnell, Jobs, Wozniak, Miyamoto. And how about Ralph Baer? Was he way ahead of his time or what?

I think it would be interesting to pick up from there to the new consoles and also to tie in the growth of PC gaming. Then you veer into the goodness of Doom and all of that.

#2096 4 years ago

They didn’t cover the gameboy, gamegear. All the dysfunction within Sega regarding 32x, segaCd and the Saturn. 3DO, Turbogrfx, Jaguar, N64. It was all part of the fight, I lived in it, it was fierce, the wild west and probably the best times in the industry. It was a good film but it missed so much.

#2097 4 years ago

I missed it and can't believe that it's not scheduled to be broadcast again (at least through july 1st). instead, the history channel would rather show the same garbage over and over (pickers, pawn stars, alien autopsy, etc...)

#2098 4 years ago

It was two years late but the Kickstarter for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night finally delivered. It's basically the Symphony of the Night spiritual successor.

If you like Castlevania GET IT.

2 weeks later
#2099 4 years ago

Decided to put my Complete Licensed NES collection out for sale in my Retro Game store this Friday. Going to miss it in my personal collection, but the plan is to replace the games we sell (by putting up trade bounties and stuff like that) and always carry every title as we go, so hopefully the collection will stay together. It'll be fun just seeing the average persons reaction seeing all this in the store for once, instead of it being hidden on my office's shelves

20190706_171954 (resized).jpg20190706_171954 (resized).jpg20190706_172048 (resized).jpg20190706_172048 (resized).jpg
#2100 4 years ago

I didn't want to post these pics they were just stuck in my attach image
Though I did get this last month
IMG950216 (resized).jpgIMG950216 (resized).jpgIMG950226 (resized).jpgIMG950226 (resized).jpg

There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.