2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,010 posts
  • 209 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 243 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3234 (resized).jpeg
69044B95-E9FE-4A5C-B646-258CA97A49D7 (resized).jpeg
61rNEjpgzsL._AC_ (resized).jpg
C35A6742-E9D6-4736-A23C-0958BB68100C (resized).jpeg
UT (resized).jpg
index.jpg
20181115_170603.jpg
20181115_170545.jpg
C1A976B2-BA58-4CBC-93AF-15736B6D2DE0 (resized).jpeg
4606D479-8C65-4B96-9C88-7E1FF526F41C (resized).jpeg
F73AC0AB-5DAC-41F9-8D3F-740FD2990E03 (resized).jpeg
A4212454-066D-4614-88ED-EA71B9EB2EE6 (resized).jpeg
4C7575BE-D033-4202-8CFC-54DCD7D74835 (resized).jpeg
CD11981C-3A3D-41C4-B149-34A760E4028D (resized).jpeg
20181106_153345 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-11 (resized).jpeg

There are 2010 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 41.
#2001 9 days ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

any gameboy advance enthusiasts want to give me some titles that might be a bit more obscure but you really dig?

Defiantly get DooM! If nothing else, it's freekin' DooM on a GBA!
And if youy like first person shooters, I'd highly reccomend Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
And if you're into Pokemon, Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green well worth getting. Their updated versions of the original games, but the adventure extends on beyond the originals.
Puzzle games? Super Puzzle Fighter II, or Columns Crown. It's pretty much a one player version of the Classic Columns, with different music and theaming.
Or if you're a fan of the Dreamcast game Chu Chu Rocket, there's a version for GBA (it was literally the very first game I ever saw for the GBA!)
Platform? Super Mario World Advance

#2002 9 days ago

I can't really seem to find a definitive answer on this so maybe someone here can clear this up for me.
I have an SCART cable for my NTSC SNES and RGB modded NTSC N64 to hook up to my PVM...
I have a PAL GameCube in route that I am going to install a Xeno GC chip that will make it region free. Will that same SCART cable work with it or will I need a PAL SCART specific cable for this GameCube?

I dont know for sure. I don’t think that GameCube came with SCART plug on the back. Just the av and digital out.

#2003 9 days ago

I can't really seem to find a definitive answer on this so maybe someone here can clear this up for me.
I have an SCART cable for my NTSC SNES and RGB modded NTSC N64 to hook up to my PVM...
I have a PAL GameCube in route that I am going to install a Xeno GC chip that will make it region free. Will that same SCART cable work with it or will I need a PAL SCART specific cable for this GameCube?

Do not use the SNES cable on the Gamecube. The pinout is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it. I don't know what your setup is like. I did the same thing you're doing, got a PAL cube and slapped a xeno modchip in it. I have my whole setup wired for csync and I use the cables from Retrogamingcables.co.uk Specifically, this one:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/nintendo/gamecube/NINTENDO-GAMECUBE-RGB-SCART-CABLE-COMPOSITE-SYNC-CSYNC

People say great things about their "packapunch" cables, but I never used them. At one point, I had 14 consoles daisy-chained through 2 automatic SCART switches and then the audio broken out and ran back across that. Even then, I never had any interference, so I don't think the extra shielding was worth it.

#2004 9 days ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Do not use the SNES cable on the Gamecube. The pinout is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it. I don't know what your setup is like. I did the same thing you're doing, got a PAL cube and slapped a xeno modchip in it. I have my whole setup wired for csync and I use the cables from Retrogamingcables.co.uk Specifically, this one:
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/nintendo/gamecube/NINTENDO-GAMECUBE-RGB-SCART-CABLE-COMPOSITE-SYNC-CSYNC
People say great things about their "packapunch" cables, but I never used them. At one point, I had 14 consoles daisy-chained through 2 automatic SCART switches and then the audio broken out and ran back across that. Even then, I never had any interference, so I don't think the extra shielding was worth it.

let's amend this and provide the correct information so that everyone doesn't freak out. so, your sentence *should* read:
Do not use a NTSC SNES/N64/GC cable on a PAL Gamecube. The pinout for pin 3 is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it.

*CSYNC/Composite Sync is replaced by +12V on PAL SNES and PAL Gamecube consoles (But not the PAL N64)
from: https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:nintendomultiav

#2005 9 days ago

I was in Vegas last week, and saw this at a sports memorabilia shop. I thought it s was really cool

IMG_3234 (resized).jpeg
#2006 9 days ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Thanks,
Yeah, that's the cable I was thinking of getting if i needed one. I have mine running thru a SCART switch that is hooked up to the PVM, but definitely dont want to fry anything. Thanks for the confirmation!

Quoted from j_m_:

let's amend this and provide the correct information so that everyone doesn't freak out. so, your sentence *should* read:
Do not use a NTSC SNES/N64/GC cable on a PAL Gamecube. The pinout for pin 3 is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it.
*CSYNC/Composite Sync is replaced by +12V on PAL SNES and PAL Gamecube consoles (But not the PAL N64)

Thanks for the info!

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Defiantly get DooM! If nothing else, it's freekin' DooM on a GBA!
And if youy like first person shooters, I'd highly reccomend Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
And if you're into Pokemon, Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green well worth getting. Their updated versions of the original games, but the adventure extends on beyond the originals.
Puzzle games? Super Puzzle Fighter II, or Columns Crown. It's pretty much a one player version of the Classic Columns, with different music and theaming.
Or if you're a fan of the Dreamcast game Chu Chu Rocket, there's a version for GBA (it was literally the very first game I ever saw for the GBA!)
Platform? Super Mario World Advance

Thanks, I will check out a few of those!

#2007 9 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Thanks for the clarification. I should have done a better job explaining I was talking to him, specifically, instead of just making a general statement.

#2008 4 days ago

friend and I are gonna try some streaming of retro games. piecing together all the parts we need.

at this point just looking for an Elgato HD60 S if anyone happens to have one they dont use anymore

#2009 4 days ago

I just binged the 12 eps of Hi Score Girl on Netflix...I think any retro gamer will love it! All real game footage, systems, tons of hilarious dialog and gaming references that are clearly written by a hardcore gamer who was there in the 80s and 90s.

#2010 2 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just binged the 12 eps of Hi Score Girl on Netflix...I think any retro gamer will love it! All real game footage, systems, tons of hilarious dialog and gaming references that are clearly written by a hardcore gamer who was there in the 80s and 90s.

I also binged that while at CES. However, I liked it but the girls being so in love with him, and him being so lost in arcade games....was kind of annoying, however I think most anime is similar...sooo thats just my gripe. Otherwise I enjoyed how much fact and realism it had to arcade games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
€ 40.00
$ 68.00
$ 14.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 129.25
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 2010 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside