3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,350 posts
  • 231 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by mbrave77
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 337 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF0175 (resized).JPG
DSCF0168 (resized).JPG
DSCF0163 (resized).JPG
DSCF0174 (resized).JPG
IMG_0790 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20200617_071100.jpg
5E860759-AEB6-42DA-A9BB-E5448BA9D54F (resized).jpeg
B509311A-09E9-4541-B50B-D214E5CF5E13 (resized).jpeg
4D58BD47-C7C5-4CBF-8B49-01A99D4C1F9F (resized).jpeg
1C75AC5A-4E03-4DAC-A415-D3A8EA1B125F (resized).jpeg
7E0D887D-399A-400F-BA02-9E47865EF1E7 (resized).jpeg
CE18B44E-9608-4B5C-BC96-9898B5711EAE (resized).jpeg
6B1FA59D-79D0-4E86-B449-ED9985CD5847 (resized).jpeg
353CABD6-3965-4F9E-B1DD-8062B640B8D9 (resized).jpeg
4E93A949-6189-495A-AFFD-CFD599FB5A1E (resized).jpeg

There are 2350 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

any gameboy advance enthusiasts want to give me some titles that might be a bit more obscure but you really dig?

Defiantly get DooM! If nothing else, it's freekin' DooM on a GBA!
And if youy like first person shooters, I'd highly reccomend Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
And if you're into Pokemon, Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green well worth getting. Their updated versions of the original games, but the adventure extends on beyond the originals.
Puzzle games? Super Puzzle Fighter II, or Columns Crown. It's pretty much a one player version of the Classic Columns, with different music and theaming.
Or if you're a fan of the Dreamcast game Chu Chu Rocket, there's a version for GBA (it was literally the very first game I ever saw for the GBA!)
Platform? Super Mario World Advance

#2002 1 year ago

I can't really seem to find a definitive answer on this so maybe someone here can clear this up for me.
I have an SCART cable for my NTSC SNES and RGB modded NTSC N64 to hook up to my PVM...
I have a PAL GameCube in route that I am going to install a Xeno GC chip that will make it region free. Will that same SCART cable work with it or will I need a PAL SCART specific cable for this GameCube?

I dont know for sure. I don’t think that GameCube came with SCART plug on the back. Just the av and digital out.

#2003 1 year ago

I can't really seem to find a definitive answer on this so maybe someone here can clear this up for me.
I have an SCART cable for my NTSC SNES and RGB modded NTSC N64 to hook up to my PVM...
I have a PAL GameCube in route that I am going to install a Xeno GC chip that will make it region free. Will that same SCART cable work with it or will I need a PAL SCART specific cable for this GameCube?

Do not use the SNES cable on the Gamecube. The pinout is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it. I don't know what your setup is like. I did the same thing you're doing, got a PAL cube and slapped a xeno modchip in it. I have my whole setup wired for csync and I use the cables from Retrogamingcables.co.uk Specifically, this one:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/nintendo/gamecube/NINTENDO-GAMECUBE-RGB-SCART-CABLE-COMPOSITE-SYNC-CSYNC

People say great things about their "packapunch" cables, but I never used them. At one point, I had 14 consoles daisy-chained through 2 automatic SCART switches and then the audio broken out and ran back across that. Even then, I never had any interference, so I don't think the extra shielding was worth it.

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Do not use the SNES cable on the Gamecube. The pinout is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it. I don't know what your setup is like. I did the same thing you're doing, got a PAL cube and slapped a xeno modchip in it. I have my whole setup wired for csync and I use the cables from Retrogamingcables.co.uk Specifically, this one:
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/nintendo/gamecube/NINTENDO-GAMECUBE-RGB-SCART-CABLE-COMPOSITE-SYNC-CSYNC
People say great things about their "packapunch" cables, but I never used them. At one point, I had 14 consoles daisy-chained through 2 automatic SCART switches and then the audio broken out and ran back across that. Even then, I never had any interference, so I don't think the extra shielding was worth it.

let's amend this and provide the correct information so that everyone doesn't freak out. so, your sentence *should* read:
Do not use a NTSC SNES/N64/GC cable on a PAL Gamecube. The pinout for pin 3 is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it.

*CSYNC/Composite Sync is replaced by +12V on PAL SNES and PAL Gamecube consoles (But not the PAL N64)
from: https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:nintendomultiav

#2005 1 year ago

I was in Vegas last week, and saw this at a sports memorabilia shop. I thought it s was really cool

IMG_3234 (resized).jpeg
#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Thanks,
Yeah, that's the cable I was thinking of getting if i needed one. I have mine running thru a SCART switch that is hooked up to the PVM, but definitely dont want to fry anything. Thanks for the confirmation!

Quoted from j_m_:

let's amend this and provide the correct information so that everyone doesn't freak out. so, your sentence *should* read:
Do not use a NTSC SNES/N64/GC cable on a PAL Gamecube. The pinout for pin 3 is different and you will send 12V down the sync line and fry your PVM or whatever other components may be in the line to it.
*CSYNC/Composite Sync is replaced by +12V on PAL SNES and PAL Gamecube consoles (But not the PAL N64)

Thanks for the info!

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Defiantly get DooM! If nothing else, it's freekin' DooM on a GBA!
And if youy like first person shooters, I'd highly reccomend Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
And if you're into Pokemon, Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green well worth getting. Their updated versions of the original games, but the adventure extends on beyond the originals.
Puzzle games? Super Puzzle Fighter II, or Columns Crown. It's pretty much a one player version of the Classic Columns, with different music and theaming.
Or if you're a fan of the Dreamcast game Chu Chu Rocket, there's a version for GBA (it was literally the very first game I ever saw for the GBA!)
Platform? Super Mario World Advance

Thanks, I will check out a few of those!

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Thanks for the clarification. I should have done a better job explaining I was talking to him, specifically, instead of just making a general statement.

#2008 1 year ago

friend and I are gonna try some streaming of retro games. piecing together all the parts we need.

at this point just looking for an Elgato HD60 S if anyone happens to have one they dont use anymore

#2009 1 year ago

I just binged the 12 eps of Hi Score Girl on Netflix...I think any retro gamer will love it! All real game footage, systems, tons of hilarious dialog and gaming references that are clearly written by a hardcore gamer who was there in the 80s and 90s.

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just binged the 12 eps of Hi Score Girl on Netflix...I think any retro gamer will love it! All real game footage, systems, tons of hilarious dialog and gaming references that are clearly written by a hardcore gamer who was there in the 80s and 90s.

I also binged that while at CES. However, I liked it but the girls being so in love with him, and him being so lost in arcade games....was kind of annoying, however I think most anime is similar...sooo thats just my gripe. Otherwise I enjoyed how much fact and realism it had to arcade games.

1 week later
#2011 1 year ago

Been playing some Legendary Axe II for Turbografx-16, as far as barbarian castlevania platformers go it's 10/10.

#2012 1 year ago

anyone here collect game display cases? Out of my price range but a pretty cool unit.

ebay.com link » Nintendo Top Hits Triple Tier Sign Nes Display Collectors Holy Grail Beautiful

#2013 1 year ago

damn thats dope.

my buddy had like 10 display cases for nes games from like kmart that his ex wife threw away... the vertical ones that you could shuffle thru that held like 10 games or so. real bummer

#2014 1 year ago

Storage locker with 4 boxes in it for 75 bucks....

Knocked off 2 systems I've been looking for at not crazy prices, well one is a computer.

And yes they both have games and accessories.

I guess I'm playing 3do tonight instead of re2

20190129_142236 (resized).jpg
#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Storage locker with 4 boxes in it for 75 bucks....
Knocked off 2 systems I've been looking for at not crazy prices, well one is a computer.
And yes they both have games and accessories.
I guess I'm playing 3do tonight instead of re2[quoted image]

Great score on the Amiga! The best gaming PC ever. I used to own the 500, 600, 1000, and the 2000.

#2016 1 year ago

damn thats dope.
my buddy had like 10 display cases for nes games from like kmart that his ex wife threw away... the vertical ones that you could shuffle thru that held like 10 games or so. real bummer

HA. I was thinking about those things the other day, wondering if they were ever saved, or if they all pretty much got tossed. Who knows how much time I spent flipping through those.

#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Great score on the Amiga! The best gaming PC ever. I used to own the 500, 600, 1000, and the 2000.

I've been on the search for years. One of my friends growing up had one and I have had it in the back of my mind. I still wanna recap it but can't wait to play the turrican's again

And my one brother had a 3do when I was younger so it's nice going back to those games. Plus it's just 90''s to the max.

#2018 1 year ago

Turrican was bad ass. So was Shadow of the Beast and all Cinemaware games. And of course the classic legend Speedball.

1 week later
#2019 1 year ago

Does anyone here by chance have any N64 game storage units for sale? only place I've been able to find them was on Ebay but those are either over priced or in terrible condition.

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Does anyone here by chance have any N64 game storage units for sale? only place I've been able to find them was on Ebay but those are either over priced or in terrible condition.
[quoted image]

I don't have one, but occasionally I see one at the swap meets.

#2021 1 year ago

New in the mail today. 3D vectrex is pretty rad...

IMG_20190208_151349_01~3 (resized).jpg
#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:

New in the mail today. 3D vectrex is pretty rad...
[quoted image]

Wow. I thought they were pretty rare. Looks cool, I've seen a couple YouTube reviews but never one in real life

#2023 1 year ago

This is the madtronix repro. You don't need to take out a second mortgage for it.

#2024 1 year ago

My buddy and I are streaming retro games on Mondays nights on twitch at 10PM Eastern. Playing on real hardware with real software streamed through my Sony PVM 20M2U with RGB SCART cables for a great looking retro stream.

twitch.tv/pure_retro_co

first session was Zombies Ate My Neighbors on SNES and I just got it uploaded on youtube now:

We might do some switch streaming as well tho; we did a practice run of Mario Party on switch on my personal twitch before we did our first real stream.

Here is a peak at my collection, more pics on our instagram at https://www.instagram.com/pure_retro_co/
20190212_171042 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2025 1 year ago

OK I know this is out of the blue but...

Does anyone have the iso or any other format for

sega ages memorial selection vol. 2 for Sega saturn.

It's like the only one I can't find

1 week later
#2026 1 year ago

You guys see the leaks of the live-action movie Sonic? Looks like Will Smith Genie fucked a Critter.

Sanic.jpg
#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You guys see the leaks of the live-action movie Sonic? Looks like Will Smith Genie fucked a Critter.
[quoted image]

yeah I did see that I really wish Hollywood would stop fucking with my childhood

#2028 1 year ago

I never wanted a Sonic movie. Not even when I was 10.

#2029 1 year ago

Not exactly "retro" but this twin stick PS4 game is friggin awesome. Figured I'd share it with some fellow gamers

https://housemarque.com/games/alienation

#2030 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Not exactly "retro" but this twin stick PS4 game is friggin awesome. Figured I'd share it with some fellow gamers

Hasn’t this been out for a few years?? I do remember Dead Nation on the PS3.

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Hasn’t this been out for a few years?? I do remember Dead Nation on the PS3.

Yep, so it is retro!

#2032 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'll one-up that with Nex Machina, also by the same company. Probably their best game by a long shot. https://housemarque.com/games/nexmachina

#2033 1 year ago

Hey guys, I co-own a retro video game store called Stone Age Gamer and I'd appreciate any votes we can get for this contest Fedex is running for Small businesses to win up to a $50,000 grant: http://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/home/detail/ed37c44d-cc33-4348-99a3-c2564ba72811?fbclid=IwAR3r8YQ4XrSvyzKkBGT0CebBKAGMzHTRNcRXvKQJKRxdphNwqLmZ3pcp_x0

If we happen to win, one thing we're trying to do is to open up a gaming lounge with pinball / arcade / consoles in our small city. After all, Jousts are quite expensive and we'd really need one of those to get things started right? =) If anyone is near Northeast Ohio feel free to stop by the store sometime, we have a few pins on Freeplay on weekends, as well as arcades.

Thanks!

-Andy

#2034 1 year ago

Voted, that makes me feel better about all the time I spend in video game stores without buying anything!

Best of luck.

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from akm:

I'll one-up that with Nex Machina, also by the same company. Probably their best game by a long shot. https://housemarque.com/games/nexmachina

Ya it's awesome too!!

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from andyharsh:

Hey guys, I co-own a retro video game store called Stone Age Gamer and I'd appreciate any votes we can get for this contest Fedex is running for Small businesses to win up to a $50,000 grant

Done! I've bought several of my flash carts from your store. Keep up the great work!

3 weeks later
#2037 1 year ago

Just found my old Jaguar and looking for carts and controllers etc...anyone have anything they wish to part with?

Thanks

Tom

#2038 1 year ago

how retro are my old electronic toys ( well some newish )
anybody remember these?

fullsizeoutput_1fc (resized).jpeg
#2039 1 year ago

I don’t recall those. They look cool though. Do they work?

#2040 1 year ago

fixed the battery corrosion on a gameboy and then fixed the screen. going to backlight and bivert this bad boy and a few other mods. parts in route.

progress will be posted on my retro instagram if anyone wants to follow along.

instagram.com/pure_retro_co

IMG_20190419_101713_420 (resized).jpg

#2041 1 year ago

that looks great. I'll be following your progress

#2043 1 year ago

I skimmed it with the sound off. I think I'm probably glad I did judging by jean vests excitement.

A few of those shelves took me back to working in Kmarts electronic section. Got those game boxes and game guides burned in my head. Every so often, I'll take a photo of the game section in WalMart or Target, because I always wish I had photos of how things used to look during the NES and Genesis years.

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

I skimmed it with the sound off. I think I'm probably glad I did judging by jean vests excitement.

agreed, although it was cool to see a few of the guides that I authored back in the day on his shelves

#2046 1 year ago

Nintendo didn’t own the source code for Donkey Kong. I had no idea.

#2047 1 year ago

Anybody know anything about oscilloscopes? I bought a cheap one from Gearbest to see if I can fix my SegaCDX, and I'm having no luck at all.

No idea where to connect the cables, and no idea what to look for on the scope.

Having a heck of a time with the CDX. I replaced the capacitors, but still didn't give me a working system. I replaced the Laser, and still nothing. So I started playing with the pots, and I have gotten about 40% successful, but can never get it to play fine. I can get it to play a game, but will always freeze and search and give up. Same with audio CD's. It may play a song fine, but skip to the next one, it will search and quit.

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

Anybody know anything about oscilloscopes? I bought a cheap one from Gearbest to see if I can fix my SegaCDX, and I'm having no luck at all.
No idea where to connect the cables, and no idea what to look for on the scope.
Having a heck of a time with the CDX. I replaced the capacitors, but still didn't give me a working system. I replaced the Laser, and still nothing. So I started playing with the pots, and I have gotten about 40% successful, but can never get it to play fine. I can get it to play a game, but will always freeze and search and give up. Same with audio CD's. It may play a song fine, but skip to the next one, it will search and quit.

Bet you might find the answer in some of posts in the boards on Bob Roberts page.
http://www.therealbobroberts.net/

#2049 1 year ago

If you just got a scope and you don't know anything about it, this is probably one of the better tutorials. It is very long though. Nonetheless, I learned a ton from this and it was worth the time for me.

My oscilloscope that looks cool as hell but I barely know how to use

Tektronix 465B front power off 2 (resized).jpg

workbench 2018-08 (resized).jpg

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

If you just got a scope and you don't know anything about it, this is probably one of the better tutorials. It is very long though. Nonetheless, I learned a ton from this and it was worth the time for me.

My oscilloscope that looks cool as hell but I barely know how to use
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks. Will take a look later.

This is the one I got. Was hoping it had just enough use to get the job done as I've never really had the need for one.
https://www.gearbest.com/testers-detectors/pp_009299614336.html?wid=1433363

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.50
$ 254.99
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 129.25
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
There are 2350 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside