DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 62.
#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Full list of games on the PSX Classic released. It's missing some big classics (gran Turismo, FF Tactics etc.), but it has some great games too. I worked on 3 games on the list.
Battle Arena Toshinden
Cool Boarders 2
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto
Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash
Metal Gear Solid
Mr Driller
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms

saw this today, yeah not super excited for it. no RE2? did people play jumping flash or mr driller? never even heard some of those...

#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

saw this today, yeah not super excited for it. no RE2? did people play jumping flash or mr driller? never even heard some of those...

I loved Jumping Flash & Mr. Driller! ...but I had Mr. Driller on Dreamcast.

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Sweet, excited to relive Twisted Metal and Final Fantasy.
I need to figure out a better way to have my NES Classic, Super NES Classic, and PSX Classic all hooked up and easily accessible. Some kind of HDMI switcher.

I got a pretty basic HDMI "multi-tap" on Amazon a while back...it automatically switches to the input of the device that's turned on, so you don't even have to manually switch.

#1854 5 years ago

no Castlevania Symphony of the Night ?

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is another Ouya, with an irrelevant retro brand attached to it.

Agreed. If it ain't Nintendo (or maaaaaaybe Atari) nobody cares.

#1856 5 years ago

The only picture I ever found of my old Commodore setup operating The Market Place BBS on Color 64 BBS software.
And played LOTS of games from the "warez" collected. (:
The fan cooling off the hard drive and 'brick' power supply!

commodore (resized).jpgcommodore (resized).jpg

#1857 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got a pretty basic HDMI "multi-tap" on Amazon a while back...it automatically switches to the input of the device that's turned on, so you don't even have to manually switch.

Do you remember which exact one you bought?

#1858 5 years ago

I just finished playing the NES version of Bionic Commando. I played that game back in 1990 and had just as much fun this time around. For pure enjoyment the gameplay of the NES classics are hard to beat. I actually prefer them to my Switch.

#1859 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Mr. Driller on Playstation is kind of rare (I do have a copy though).

Quoted from Rarehero:

I loved Jumping Flash & Mr. Driller! ...but I had Mr. Driller on Dreamcast.

I have both Mr. Driller for Playstation and Gameboy Color, but I'm looking for copies for Dreamcast and Wonder Swan.

#1860 5 years ago

The I have mr driller on my MAME cabinet, it’s a fun game.

I don’t know how well the mini PlayStation classic sell. The polygon graphics don’t stand the test of time like pixelated games do. I think their (Sony) biggest mistake was not including dual shock controllers. A lot of the games that I want to see on a PlayStation mini really need that analog stick to control.

Even if this machine is easy to hack and add games onto, it still is lacking good controls

#1861 5 years ago

yeah, it's an interesting piece of hardware, but you are correct. the dual shock controllers are what truly separated the [launch] playstation into what it became

some of the games still stand up well (the original crash and spyro for example), while others show their age quite obviously (toshinden, tekken 3 come to mind) due to the low frame rate and polygon counts. technological feats in their time? yes, but not compared to today's games

and while I think that many people have fond memories of the saturn, n64 and playstation, it wasn't necessarily the early titles that they remember as the [great] titles

I still have an early beta copy of spyro (I authored the official strategy guide) that didn't support the analog sticks and god, what a pain in the ass it was to control that little dragon

1 week later
#1862 5 years ago

$100 pickup today! Been wanting one for a while, but couldn't justify the $300+ these things bring. This lady had it up on OfferUp for $500 last week and $100 this week. Said she had lists of interest in it and full price offers, but no one showed up to pick it up. So she priced it to sell. Luckily I pulled up OfferUp 10 minutes after she posted it. She said her phone was blowing up.

*edit. And wait. Did I also get a rare game? Came with Pirates Gold and Streets of Rage 1. I didn't really care about the games since I already had SoR, but wasn't familiar with Pirates. Looking online, doesn't seem those are going for $2.

20181106_121408 (resized).jpg20181106_121408 (resized).jpg

#1863 5 years ago

no sewer shark or night trap?

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

$100 pickup today! Been wanting one for a while, but couldn't justify the $300+ these things bring. This lady had it up on OfferUp for $500 last week and $100 this week. Said she had lists of interest in it and full price offers, but no one showed up to pick it up. So she priced it to sell. Luckily I pulled up OfferUp 10 minutes after she posted it. She said her phone was blowing up.
*edit. And wait. Did I also get a rare game? Came with Pirates Gold and Streets of Rage 1. I didn't really care about the games since I already had SoR, but wasn't familiar with Pirates. Looking online, doesn't seem those are going for $2.
[quoted image]

Very nice. I'd love one of these to recover some shelf real estate and nix one power brick from the mess of wires I have. I just can't bring myself to shell out the money they're commanding when my Gennesis1/Sega CD model 1 works so great. Plus it looks amazing sitting on the shelf as well.

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

no sewer shark or night trap?

I've already got them. Still have my 30+ games for the Genesis, 32x, and CD from the 90s.

#1866 5 years ago

Awesome score man. I have manuals but no system.
One dude was picking up at my work. We both know games and go to auctions. But he got a killer cd and 32x lot he showed me... and wouldn't sell me any of it

#1867 5 years ago

Got a couple of Neo Geo X handhelds + consoles that have been jailbroken.
Turns them into retro paradise.
If anyone might be interested in 1, I don't really need 2.

FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-4 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-4 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-5 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-5 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-7 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-7 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-8 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-8 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-9 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-9 (resized).jpeg

#1868 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Very nice. I'd love one of these to recover some shelf real estate and nix one power brick from the mess of wires I have. I just can't bring myself to shell out the money they're commanding when my Gennesis1/Sega CD model 1 works so great. Plus it looks amazing sitting on the shelf as well.

I remember having the whole mess of wires. I had and still have my 1st gen Genesis, 32x, and 2nd gen Sega CD. Really wish I had the 1st gen CD. Those were cool looking.

#1869 5 years ago

I dont understand how every single second hand console and controller has SOOOOO much grime on and in them. People. Wash your hands.

Taken apart both the controller and CDX and given them a bath. They're going to look as good as new. No major or minor scratches on them. Just looked like the system had been in a crud storm. Even the inside of the lid was disgusting.

Also ordered a new laser. Pre-test before taking it apart seemed that it was pretty spotty at reading the disc.

20181106_210747 (resized).jpg20181106_210747 (resized).jpg
#1870 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

wasn't familiar with Pirates...

Shameless plug. (:

FullSizeRender-11 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-11 (resized).jpeg

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I dont understand how every single second hand console and controller has SOOOOO much grime on and in them. People. Wash your hands.
Taken apart both the controller and CDX and given them a bath. They're going to look as good as new. No major or minor scratches on them. Just looked like the system had been in a crud storm. Even the inside of the lid was disgusting.
Also ordered a new laser. Pre-test before taking it apart seemed that it was pretty spotty at reading the disc.
[quoted image]

If you’ve gone that far, re-cap it while it’s apart and you’ll never have to worry about it again.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I remember having the whole mess of wires. I had and still have my 1st gen Genesis, 32x, and 2nd gen Sega CD. Really wish I had the 1st gen CD. Those were cool looking.

Yeah, the wire mess is pretty bad. I have 11 systems, 2 automatic switchers, the audio receiver and the monitor all plugged into power strips. And the Genesis and Jaguar each have 2 adapters. Then, I have all the AV cables and a final breakout to the receiver. It’s a tangled nightmare back there.

#1873 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

If you’ve gone that far, re-cap it while it’s apart and you’ll never have to worry about it again.

I came back here just to ask that. I came across someone who'd done that, and found a kit to replace them. I know with pinball sound boards need to be recapped, but was curious what all they effect here. Sound was working from the standard bootup music for the CD. But I'm not entirely sure the cartridge portion is working. I didn't plug it into a TV yet, so not sure what, if anything is on the screen, but I couldn't get any sounds from trying to play a cartridge game.

But this was exactly my thoughts. Already torn apart. New Laser on the way. May as well rebuild everything while I'm at it.

#1874 5 years ago

Maybe it's already been mentioned on here but if you're a fan of the Castlevania series you MUST watch the new show on Netflix!

It's basically the characters of Castlevania 3 with the backstory and motivations from Symphony of the Night. Easily the best video game adaption by a country mile.

#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I came back here just to ask that. I came across someone who'd done that, and found a kit to replace them. I know with pinball sound boards need to be recapped, but was curious what all they effect here. Sound was working from the standard bootup music for the CD. But I'm not entirely sure the cartridge portion is working. I didn't plug it into a TV yet, so not sure what, if anything is on the screen, but I couldn't get any sounds from trying to play a cartridge game.
But this was exactly my thoughts. Already torn apart. New Laser on the way. May as well rebuild everything while I'm at it.

The caps from the 90's era systems are notoriously bad. They can just fail outright or leak and corrode boards. Depending on the system, they can cause a range of issued in both sound and video circuits. Some of these CDX units that aren't reading discs are repaired with just a recap. I've never had one or worked on one myself, but I've been reading a lot about repair since I'll probably have to snag a broken one to get a decent price. Most of the repair stuff I have read about so far is capacitor related. Very few instances of an actual failed laser.

#1876 5 years ago

This arrived in the mail yesterday. It's the first time I've ever messed with one. It's surprisingly awesome...

20181106_153345 (resized).jpg20181106_153345 (resized).jpg
#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe it's already been mentioned on here but if you're a fan of the Castlevania series you MUST watch the new show on Netflix!
It's basically the characters of Castlevania 3 with the backstory and motivations from Symphony of the Night. Easily the best video game adaption by a country mile.

season 2 needs to come ASAP!

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

season 2 needs to come ASAP!

it is out

#1879 5 years ago

How many episodes are in season 2?

#1880 5 years ago

Anyone played with one of these?

CD11981C-3A3D-41C4-B149-34A760E4028D (resized).jpegCD11981C-3A3D-41C4-B149-34A760E4028D (resized).jpeg
#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone played with one of these?[quoted image]

Lots of you tube videos on this. Not very many good reviews

#1882 5 years ago

So I picked up the NES and SNES Classic and loaded them with my favorites. My favorite aspect of the systems is playing with the original controller and not clunky 3rd party crap.

So now that I’m good with Nintendo, I’ve been exploring a Sega version. The ATGames versions are garbage, so I decided to build my own with the Genesis USB hub from NerdBlock.

The raspberry pi fits perfectly, so my plan is to make my own Genesis console complete with the original controller. Tons of tutorials out there, so it shouldn’t be too cosmic.

4C7575BE-D033-4202-8CFC-54DCD7D74835 (resized).jpeg4C7575BE-D033-4202-8CFC-54DCD7D74835 (resized).jpegA4212454-066D-4614-88ED-EA71B9EB2EE6 (resized).jpegA4212454-066D-4614-88ED-EA71B9EB2EE6 (resized).jpeg
#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's excellent & very faithful to the Konami art style as well. My only complaint is that they don't use the iconic game music at all in the score. Not sure if there was a rights issue or if it was a creative decision, but it's a bit of a bummer...those soundtracks and certain classic riffs are the soul of Castlevania.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Agreed. I finally got around to watching Season 2 the other day and I was sad when it ended, it was so good. Here's to hoping they greenlight a third season.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's excellent & very faithful to the Konami art style as well. My only complaint is that they don't use the iconic game music at all in the score. Not sure if there was a rights issue or if it was a creative decision, but it's a bit of a bummer...those soundtracks and certain classic riffs are the soul of Castlevania.

While I would have liked to have heard more classic 'Vania tunes, I do enjoy the soundtrack, particularly for Season 2. That said, Bloody Tears is featured pretty heavily near the end of Season 2.

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from akm:

That said, Bloody Tears is featured pretty heavily near the end of Season 2.

Oh good - I only watched the first ep of season 2 so far.

#1886 5 years ago

Yeah no music was my biggest beef until the penultimate episode in season 2 episode 7..... Joy!

Really wish a good Neo Geo retro.... Thing would eventually be made.

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I watched it and last season cause im a castlevania fan. But laughed my ass off when my brother in law who isn't a gamer was telling me about it without know it was a game series. I took him straight to my Nintendo made him play.

he denies its anime because he's to manly lol
He really liked it and binged the series without knowing it was a game. Which is pretty cool and shows how good it is.

#1888 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I watched it and last season cause im a castlevania fan. But laughed my ass off when my brother in law who isn't a gamer was telling me about it without know it was a game series. I took him straight to my Nintendo made him play.
he denies its anime because he's to manly lol
He really liked it and binged the series without knowing it was a game. Which is pretty cool and shows how good it is.

Well, it is produced in the US which I guess technically makes it not “anime” in the traditional sense of being produced in Japan.

#1889 5 years ago

Has anyone picked up any of the Micro Arcades?

F73AC0AB-5DAC-41F9-8D3F-740FD2990E03 (resized).jpegF73AC0AB-5DAC-41F9-8D3F-740FD2990E03 (resized).jpeg
#1890 5 years ago

I didn't realize that the new ones were out yet. where are you seeing these at?

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, it is produced in the US which I guess technically makes it not “anime” in the traditional sense of being produced in Japan.

I knew I'd get called out on that lol

#1892 5 years ago

I had NO idea those little glass sony monitors would be so hot for classic gamers. I literally took 4 to goodwill a few years ago. Oh well...hope some one knew what they were looking at. They were in great shape too.

#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I didn't realize that the new ones were out yet. where are you seeing these at?

BJ's had 2 pallets full. $23 each. The cabinets and details look great. My only concern is that they are the Nintendo version of the games and not the actual arcade version. They do look cool though!

#1894 5 years ago

Does anyone have any Nintendo playchoice arcade carts or parts for sale? I’m looking for anything playchoice.

4606D479-8C65-4B96-9C88-7E1FF526F41C (resized).jpeg4606D479-8C65-4B96-9C88-7E1FF526F41C (resized).jpegC1A976B2-BA58-4CBC-93AF-15736B6D2DE0 (resized).jpegC1A976B2-BA58-4CBC-93AF-15736B6D2DE0 (resized).jpeg
#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

BJ's had 2 pallets full. $23 each. The cabinets and details look great. My only concern is that they are the Nintendo version of the games and not the actual arcade version. They do look cool though!

thanks. no bj's here in michigan
btw, I've heard that each series actually has all of the games on every machine. each board is hardwire jumpered as to which game is booted up to. so, if you were to take it appear and put in a little [x] way toggle switch, you could play all of the games on one machine

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone played with one of these?[quoted image]

I bought a couple. They are sweet.

#1897 5 years ago

Anyone play the new tetris. I am in love lol

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Anyone play the new tetris. I am in love lol

“New” Tetris?

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I had NO idea those little glass sony monitors would be so hot for classic gamers. I literally took 4 to goodwill a few years ago. Oh well...hope some one knew what they were looking at. They were in great shape too.

Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

and whoever found them at Goodwill: "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

#1900 5 years ago

:-O

Quoted from jwo825:

How many episodes are in season 2?

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/38?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.