Screenshot_20231214-161932 (resized).png
Screenshot_20231214-155422 (resized).png
Screenshot_20231214-155413 (resized).png
_20231105_171238 (resized).JPG
DSC_4233 (resized).JPG
DSC_4237 (resized).JPG
Jr9L1tY (resized).png
drvgs (resized).png

There are 3,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 61.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You're paying 500 bucks....for a SNES controller. I mean..okay great you have a plan to use it on other things too, that's good. But god...I wonder who the psycho is that's paying that to JUST use it for SNES!

I imagine the same kind of insane ppl that purchased any of the Analogue Interactive products such as the Nt, Nt mini, Super Nt, or their wooden Neo Geo consoles/ fight sticks.

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I imagine the same kind of insane ppl that purchased any of the Analogue Interactive products such as the Nt, Nt mini, Super Nt, or their wooden Neo Geo consoles/ fight sticks.

To quote Blazing Saddles: "You know.....morons."

I really get wanting something that looks nice, and is functional...I just don't get the paying out the arse for it part. LOL. Especially something using arcade switches for a system which inherently is never going to feel "crisp" in the way that arcade games do. You can build a joystick out of the most expensive, responsive parts money can buy, but it will never NOT be hooked up to a console which isn't going to be snappy in that way that really benefits those kinds of setups. My opinion, others are welcome to their own.

I don't have much room to talk. I bought the 350 buck Cobalt Flux hard dance pad for my PS2 when I was into that.

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't have much room to talk. I bought the 350 buck Cobalt Flux hard dance pad for my PS2 when I was into that.

Me too, for my MAME arcade cabinet. I guess that makes two of us! Except I paid to have that beast shipped to Alaska

#1755 5 years ago

The disk drive is belt driven

#1756 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You're paying 500 bucks....for a SNES controller. I mean..okay great you have a plan to use it on other things too, that's good. But god...I wonder who the psycho is that's paying that to JUST use it for SNES!

Same people that buy anything pinball related ? Like me ? To be honest I am more inclined to buy something so meticulously made as that controller than the cracking wooden boxes with three dollar speakers that Stern pumps out for 9k+

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Same people that buy anything pinball related ? Like me ? To be honest I am more inclined to buy something so meticulously made as that controller than the cracking wooden boxes with three dollar speakers that Stern pumps out for 9k+

Last Stern I bought was Met Pro...1st run. So.....

1 month later
#1758 5 years ago

This Pac-Man Quarter Size Arcade Cabinet can, without taking up a ton of space. It stands just under 17" tall, yet is incredibly detailed, replicating the iconic 1980 cabinet down to the graphics around the screen and quarter slots. Amazingly, it's still playable and will be joined in 2019 by cabinets for Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, and Galaxian, making this the beginning of a full pint-sized arcade. Limited to just 10,000 units. Fully playable cabinet using the original arcade ROM.

http://www.numskull.co.uk/pac-man-quarter-size-arcade-cabinet/

pacman (resized).jpgpacman (resized).jpg
#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

The first rule of rom club is you don’t talk about rom club.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

RIP Paradise of the Emu

#1760 5 years ago

For the rom warriors

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#1761 5 years ago

If your looking for complete rom sets for a reasonable price then try out rom collector. I bought a hard drive that was loaded and set up. It was virtually plug and play, and Now I have a full collection of roms. I don’t need to try and download anything else, because I’ve got it backed up.

https://www.romcollector.com/

I understand that this is not legal, but I feel like I was paying for a service as much as paying for the files. I could find everything for free on a torrent sight. But this is problem and virus free.

#1762 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what happened? I'm actually just going through and organizing my old near crashing hard drive and pulling my ROMs off... was going to go through and organize them to confirm complete collections, rename, etc etc...

#1763 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Can anyone tell me what happened? I'm actually just going through and organizing my old near crashing hard drive and pulling my ROMs off... was going to go through and organize them to confirm complete collections, rename, etc etc...

Nintendo is putting the hammer down on a number of different Rom sites, Emu was one of them. They are folding up rather than risk the legal wrath. Google "nintendo rom sites" for plenty of articles about it.

#1764 5 years ago

I've been really glued to the Switch and Octopath Traveler lately. But I took a break when this came by at a price I couldn't pass up. It's a North American console too!39753048_10155837182636814_3595433602994667520_n (resized).jpg39753048_10155837182636814_3595433602994667520_n (resized).jpg

#1766 5 years ago

Surprised that ebay hasn't shut down those selling roms. In any case, I just bought a micro sd card for the Raspberry pi retro pie that's fully loaded with roms. The only thing I was missing was arcade games. This should include around 2000 of them, plus all the games for the other consoles that I never bothered with, like Neo Geo and Atari.

Also, I ordered a second Sega 6-button Arcade Stick to modify into a bluetooth controller. I loved that controller for the Genesis. Now I'll be able to play arcade games in a more realistic way.

And I agree. The card I got was $69 total. It's 128gb. So really, $35 for the card, and $35 to never have to go searching for roms again and get disappointed when they don't work with the RPi.

2 weeks later
#1767 5 years ago

Currently playing “Little Nightmares” on XBox.

7CB8B8C2-E403-4E9A-AD63-265C5C4F0CB2 (resized).png7CB8B8C2-E403-4E9A-AD63-265C5C4F0CB2 (resized).png
1 week later
#1768 5 years ago

Welp. Here's Sony's first version. https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/

Unless it comes with Gran Turismo 1 & 2, and Metal Gear Solid, I'm not interested. Okay. I am. Already pre-ordered.

But I will say, I HATED FF7. It was so frustrating just walking along and BOOM, fight! Hated that they never showed any enemy's walking in the world. I thought it was a bug when I first started playing. It was also the first FF game I've ever played.

#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Welp. Here's Sony's first version. https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/
Unless it comes with Gran Turismo 1 & 2, and Metal Gear Solid, I'm not interested. Okay. I am. Already pre-ordered.
But I will say, I HATED FF7. It was so frustrating just walking along and BOOM, fight! Hated that they never showed any enemy's walking in the world. I thought it was a bug when I first started playing. It was also the first FF game I've ever played.

For $100, it should include the charger. I am not preordering until I see a complete list. No Symphony of the Night and it's gonna be a hard pass for me.

#1770 5 years ago

Anyone own the steel battalion control unit for the xbox? I was looking into getting one but didn't know if it was worth the cash.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Anyone own the steel battalion control unit for the xbox? I was looking into getting one but didn't know if it was worth the cash.

I had this a long time ago. It's not worth it in my opinion. It doesn't make good use of all the buttons, and the game gets pretty boring after a little bit.

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

For $100, it should include the charger.

*AC adaptor sold separately

Oh yeah, that's dumb. There's going to be A LOT of upset people because they're using the old charger that came with whatever they bought and had been stuck in a junk drawer for years, and don't realize how under powered it is.

#1773 5 years ago

yeah, why open up preorders without a complete list of games. for $100 im a hard no at this point w/o an ac adapter...

#1774 5 years ago

I have the Steel Battalion controller - it's not something you're going to use very often but if you're a mech game enthusiast it's the coolest freaking thing to play through. Graphics aren't too bad, it doesn't pull you out of it going back 2 gens.

#1775 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

yeah, why open up preorders without a complete list of games. for $100 im a hard no at this point w/o an ac adapter...

I agree 100%. Where are the games...battle arena toshinden, Warhawk, destruction derby, twisted metal....and no twin stick controls. I don’t see the value here.

#1776 5 years ago

need brave fencer musashi as well! regret selling that one a few years ago when i cleaned out my ps1 library along with symphony of the night and others. oh well.

#1777 5 years ago

need brave fencer musashi as well! regret selling that one a few years ago when i cleaned out my ps1 library along with symphony of the night and others. oh well.

Yes SOTN! I still think I have copies of that and brave fencer musashi in my collection.

#1778 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

*AC adaptor sold separately
Oh yeah, that's dumb. There's going to be A LOT of upset people because they're using the old charger that came with whatever they bought and had been stuck in a junk drawer for years, and don't realize how under powered it is.

It's powered by USB, just like the NES and SNES minis. Most people can plug the USB right into their TV or AV Receiver for power...or an iPhone USB plug. It's a non-issue.

#1779 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's powered by USB, just like the NES and SNES minis. Most people can plug the USB right into their TV or AV Receiver for power...or an iPhone USB plug. It's a non-issue.

Only, if it can't produce enough power, it causes issues, just like the Raspberry Pi needs a good USB power supply. Use a cheap one, and the thing will lock up. I'm going to guess, this will be no different. It's not like charging a battery, where it will still charge but just take longer.

#1780 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Only, if it can't produce enough power, it causes issues, just like the Raspberry Pi needs a good USB power supply. Use a cheap one, and the thing will lock up. I'm going to guess, this will be no different. It's not like charging a battery, where it will still charge but just take longer.

I don't think they'd do this if it needed something specific. I've used the SNES and NES minis on cheap and generic USB power supplies and they're fine.

#1781 5 years ago

I'm more concerned about the shitty controller ... Psx was way better once the dual shocks came out... Literally changed gaming controllers and the standard was set. Why would I want to play on those crap controllers

#1782 5 years ago

Why would I want to play on those crap controllers

You don’t. But sony will happily sell you DualShock ones later on.

If the controller plug is the same, then I might have to go digging in some boxes to see if I still have a wired controller.

#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You don’t. But sony will happily sell you DualShock ones later on.
If the controller plug is the same, then I might have to go digging in some boxes to see if I still have a wired controller.

I think it looked like a USB port for the controllers. Or at least a smaller proprietary one.

The thing about the old vs new was purely weight. Hardly any games took advantage of the dual joysticks. And the added weight of the rumble made them feel more durable.

I got my PSX right when the dual joysticks came out. So the one that came with the system didn't have rumble, and the extra controller I bought later did. I hated using the one without rumble. It just felt cheap.

And while I'm on a nostalgic trip, I wish I had my old system back. I bought it in '98 I think. I modded it up. I replaced the case with a transparent blue one, which means somewhere back at my parents place, I still have the original grey case almost like new in a box somewhere. And I also added a mod chip to be able to play copied games. Even official Japan imports. The game store I sold the system to were stoked when they were able to play one of their import games on it.

I used to go to all the Family video's, sign up for a new account, and for 30 days, you got like half off your rentals. I had a couple binders full of games for the system. And just a couple years ago, I decided to toss them all. Kinda wish I hadn't done that either. I even had Thrill Kill. The game never released.

ps1 (resized).jpgps1 (resized).jpg

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

And while I'm on a nostalgic trip, I wish I had my old system back. I bought it in '98 I think. I modded it up. I replaced the case with a transparent blue one, which means somewhere back at my parents place, I still have the original grey case almost like new in a box somewhere. And I also added a mod chip to be able to play copied games. Even official Japan imports. The game store I sold the system to were stoked when they were able to play one of their import games on it.

I did the same exact thing! Mine has a clear turquoise case & I region-free modded it. I still have it, but the laser is a bit finicky. I’ve been meaning to replace it but I’ve been lazy about looking into the best way to do so.

#1785 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I did the same exact thing! Mine has a clear turquoise case & I region-free modded it. I still have it, but the laser is a bit finicky. I’ve been meaning to replace it but I’ve been lazy about looking into the best way to do so.

You can buy a whole new assembly for $14-$24 bucks on ebay. The ones near the top of the range usually have better reviews. It's simple to replace. (6) screws for the cover to come off. The assembly is just resting on 3 rubber grommets. Unplug the power and ribbon cables and replace with the new assembly. The process will take about 10 minutes if you've never done it before. 5 if you have and realize how easy it is. You can replace just the laser, but that is a pain and for all the trouble that is, it's a lot better to spend a few extra bucks and just get the drop-in replacement.

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

You can buy a whole new assembly for $14-$24 bucks on ebay. The ones near the top of the range usually have better reviews. It's simple to replace. (6) screws for the cover to come off. The assembly is just resting on 3 rubber grommets. Unplug the power and ribbon cables and replace with the new assembly. The process will take about 10 minutes if you've never done it before. 5 if you have and realize how easy it is. You can replace just the laser, but that is a pain and for all the trouble that is, it's a lot better to spend a few extra bucks and just get the drop-in replacement.

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanna do! I think when I started looking into it, there were different assemblies for different serial numbers & models and whatnot, and I put it in the "rainy day" file...lol.

I have an original American launch PS1 ...if you have a link to the right thing that I need, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

#1787 5 years ago

So after yesterday announcement of the PS Classic, I've been bitten by the PSX bug. Played a few games on the Raspberry Pi, and went shopping at the local used game store.

And I must say, the PS1 times, that was a pretty bad transitional time. Where the system had enough power to render polygons and, and EVERYTHING had to be THREEEEE-DEEEEEEE. Then they used poor (by todays standards) CGI models on the covers and promo material.

It was like the teenage transition years. Pimples, BO smell, and changing voices..... And I want to re-live it all over again.

#1788 5 years ago

While I've been looking at PS1 systems, I've been looking at PS2 systems. I had one of the fat models. Sold it a few years ago and thinking about picking up a new one again too. Looking to mod it as well. Never did that to my original one. Forgot they also had the slim model. Would that be worth getting, or stick with the fat? Did they strip out power kinda like they did with the PS3 Slim?

Dang. After each new system, I couldn't drop the old one fast enough. Guess it's true, what goes around comes around.

Haven't sold my PS3 or 360 yet because of this. I'd learned my lesson by then.

#1789 5 years ago

I was huge in the ps2 scene but it’s been years!

The ps2 slim should accept a usb hdd so you should be fine however I would verify. The fat ps2 is Nice because it’s classic with internal hdd. However it’s huge compared to the slim.....

#1790 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was huge in the ps2 scene but it’s been years!
The ps2 slim should accept a usb hdd so you should be fine however I would verify. The fat ps2 is Nice because it’s classic with internal hdd. However it’s huge compared to the slim.....

Yeah, forgot how small the slim was until I saw it in the store today. I remember getting the hard drive & FF, but don't remember really using the drive. Also remember getting the Ethernet adapter and never really using it either. Not much took advance of both of them.

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Yeah, forgot how small the slim was until I saw it in the store today. I remember getting the hard drive & FF, but don't remember really using the drive. Also remember getting the Ethernet adapter and never really using it either. Not much took advance of both of them.

Ugh, I still have emotional scars from working on that ethernet adapter and that setup disc it came with. True dev hell

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I played socom so much online. But I remember the networkadapter/40gb hdd pack coming with FF and never playing it.

Quoted from Goalie:

Ugh, I still have emotional scars from working on that ethernet adapter and that setup disc it came with. True dev hell

your sacrifice made my early years so much better though!

Do you by chance know anyone that works at Monster games? They’ve done some work for Nintendo like excite truck and some other ports to ds.

#1793 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanna do! I think when I started looking into it, there were different assemblies for different serial numbers & models and whatnot, and I put it in the "rainy day" file...lol.
I have an original American launch PS1 ...if you have a link to the right thing that I need, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks!

If you have a launch model, the model number should be SCPH-100X. If so, a KSM 440BAM laser assembly is a drop in replacement. It’s the laser that was in the slim model and has the best reliability. But do read reviews as none of these are Sony parts anymore and the quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I played socom so much online. But I remember the networkadapter/40gb hdd pack coming with FF and never playing it.

your sacrifice made my early years so much better though!
Do you by chance know anyone that works at Monster games? They’ve done some work for Nintendo like excite truck and some other ports to ds.

Yeah, I worked with a couple of guys on a horrible Pimp my Ride PS2 game *shivers*. They went on to work at Monster, and then left to start their own place here in MN and made the Bit Trip Saga games.

#1795 5 years ago

For people in SoCal, the Retro City Festival is coming up the first week of January:
http://retrocityfestival.com/

#1796 5 years ago

Picked up a PSOne for $20. Mod chip for $7. Just installed it and tested it, and now I can play all the PSX games. Got the addon screen too. And I will say, PSX games look much better when they're smaller.

Really cool thing about this PSOne, looks like it was rarely used. Which is probably true for most all PSOnes since they came out right when the PS2 was out.

2018-09-25 13.24.29 (resized).jpg2018-09-25 13.24.29 (resized).jpg

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Picked up a PSOne for $20. Mod chip for $7. Just installed it and tested it, and now I can play all the PSX games. Got the addon screen too. And I will say, PSX games look much better when they're smaller.
Really cool thing about this PSOne, looks like it was rarely used. Which is probably true for most all PSOnes since they came out right when the PS2 was out.
[quoted image]

i remember missing out on launch ps2's and bought a psOne over the holidays on the way to my grandmas house for Christmas break and when i got there was able to get a ps2 at the mall and returned the psOne hah.

#1798 5 years ago

i remember missing out on launch ps2's and bought a psOne over the holidays on the way to my grandmas house for Christmas break and when i got there was able to get a ps2 at the mall and returned the psOne hah.

I worked in the electronic department of KMart when the PS2 was launched. Never did get one myself until a few months after it was out. But I always felt special when we got a shipment in. I'd carry those rich blue boxes up to the case from the back and stick them right next to the PSOnes. Those PS1's sat and sat and sat. Finally they went on clearance. $40 for the combo box with LCD. I was so tempted to buy one, but was in college, just bought the PS2, and knew I'd never play another PS1 game ever again. Hah.

#1799 5 years ago

i have a few of those lcd screens i used to mod into portable snes with the help of benheck 's book

#1800 5 years ago

Any fellow retro gamers jam out on a PVM?

I have a 19" Sony (ill find the model number later) and have a modded N64 for RGB and an SNES hooked up to it for pure RGB gaming bliss

I highly recommend it if you can find one locally. shipping would be pretty expensive. I got mine from a tv station selling off old equipment a few years back. Came in a sweet travel case that I will never use haha but its big and padded. I guess if I have ever to store it for some reason it will be handy.

I think 19" is the perfect size for retro gaming on old school crts.

There are 3,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/36?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.