IMG_0340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0341 (resized).jpeg
_20240408_142036 (resized).JPG
_20240408_142108 (resized).JPG
20240407_103121 (resized).jpg
20240319_202154 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 62.
#1701 6 years ago

nice!!

#1702 6 years ago

So are there any vectrex owners here? I've got a vectrex and several games heading my way...

#1703 6 years ago

Yes Vectrex owner here ! Was always interested in the Vectrex as far back as 1984 when I had to choose between a Coleco and the Vectrex. I chose the Coleco. Then fast forward to 2012 and I saw a mint condition Vectrex with three games and the inserts for sale for 50 Euro and I had to get it.

It is still working great and for me the only way to play Mindstorm

#1704 6 years ago

I've been interested in them for years and finally took the plunge. Any game recommendations?

#1705 6 years ago

she's a real beaut Clark!

Quoted from benheck:

I know it's emulation, but we just made this on the show.
Pi A+ based, all low level kernel stuff for the buttons and display, it's about the same size and thickness as a NES cart.
Has a giant flat LiPO inside and 3 USB ports.

#1706 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

So are there any vectrex owners here? I've got a vectrex and several games heading my way...

Vector Patrol (translation of Moon Patrol) was just released for the Vectrex recently. Make sure you pick up Vector Pilot which is the greatest home brew ever made (translation of Time Pilot). Vectrexians is another good home brew.

I also have the Vectrex SD multicart for it.

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Vector Patrol (translation of Moon Patrol) was just released for the Vectrex recently. Make sure you pick up Vector Pilot which is the greatest home brew ever made (translation of Time Pilot). Vectrexians is another good home brew.
I also have the Vectrex SD multicart for it.

Vector Patrol looks interesting. I was thinking about picking up it, Protector and the multi-cart and possibly a few new overlays to go with those.

I stopped by Gameroom Garage on my lunch break(coin-op warehouse's side business). They had an Asteroids up and running at one of the booths. I forgot just how good a vector monitor looks. The game really pops off the screen. Can't wait until I can fire this thing up...

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

They had an Asteroids up and running at one of the booths. I forgot just how good a vector monitor looks. The game really pops off the screen.

I have an Asteroids cabinet in my collection. I've played the piss out of that game in my lifetime but I still suck at it.

#1709 6 years ago

Worst game ever, or the best?

20180201_162610_Film3 (resized).jpg20180201_162610_Film3 (resized).jpg

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

is this the prequel to crazy taxi?

#1711 6 years ago

I don't know wtf this game is. I can't even begin to describe its awfulness.

#1712 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

got to play desert bus on sega cd

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

got to play desert bus on sega cd

This is worse

#1714 6 years ago

It has arrived...

IMG_20180202_163323_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180202_163323_HDR (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1716 6 years ago

Had to break this beast out today to play some gorf. Forgot what a great game it is. Horrible name, but great game...

IMG_20180216_203411 (resized).jpgIMG_20180216_203411 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1717 6 years ago

https://www.behance.net/gallery/63535513/300-Super-Nintendo-Logos-Fully-Remastered

300 SNES logos vectorized, putting my Voltron pace of work to complete and total shame.

#1718 6 years ago

Mas woodgrain.

IMG_20180322_191559_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180322_191559_HDR (resized).jpg

#1719 6 years ago

Has anyone seen these before?

9568A84F-DF2E-4CE1-B2FA-0BC97027A3BD (resized).jpeg9568A84F-DF2E-4CE1-B2FA-0BC97027A3BD (resized).jpeg

#1720 6 years ago

Yeah. They were kinda shitty.

#1721 6 years ago

shitty but now quite rare

Quoted from Jason43:

Yeah. They were kinda shitty.

#1722 6 years ago

Eh? I've understood the Astrocade to be pretty sweet (if on the unreliable side) if you like that era of gaming.

#1723 6 years ago

I just bought a SNES Classic off ebay with 830 games on it. Mostly NES, but a large selection of SNES games as well. I'm having a blast with this!

#1724 6 years ago

Its a real snes classic?

#1725 6 years ago

I loaded my snes classic with so many games I don’t know what I should actually play.

#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I loaded my snes classic with so many games I don’t know what I should actually play.

That’s the number 1 problem with multi game rigs. I’ve built several MAME cabinets, and it seems when you have 10000 games in one box there’s too many choices and you end up spending more time searching for a game, then you do playing it.

I prefer to keep my games separated. Nes classic, snes classic, n64 with an Everdrive, vertical MAME, horizontal MAME, trackball MAME, driving seat for gran tourismo. Ect.

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Its a real snes classic?

Yes.

2 weeks later
#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Eh? I've understood the Astrocade to be pretty sweet (if on the unreliable side) if you like that era of gaming.

Awesome home version of Wizard of Wor...

1 week later
#1729 5 years ago

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this:

Seems like Mario and Luigi first got their start on a 1940s Gottlieb

926C67D1-98A9-4841-85C6-5A509EC3DB4C (resized).jpeg926C67D1-98A9-4841-85C6-5A509EC3DB4C (resized).jpeg

#1730 5 years ago

not worth $100 but I think its cool things like this get made. Wonder if they will start on fire like the SFII cart said it might happen hah.

Looks like the SFII ones sell for right around the $100 retail cost, some listed higher but most sales are from 80-110ish

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/mega-man-cartridge-collection/products/mega-man-2-30th-anniversary-classic-cartridge

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/mega-man-cartridge-collection/products/mega-man-x-30th-anniversary-classic-cartridge

MM2_STOREIMG_SET (resized).pngMM2_STOREIMG_SET (resized).png
MMX_STOREIMG_SET (resized).pngMMX_STOREIMG_SET (resized).png

#1731 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

not worth $100 but I think its cool things like this get made. Wonder if they will start on fire like the SFII cart said it might happen hah.
Looks like the SFII ones sell for right around the $100 retail cost, some listed higher but most sales are from 80-110ish
https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/mega-man-cartridge-collection/products/mega-man-2-30th-anniversary-classic-cartridge
https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/mega-man-cartridge-collection/products/mega-man-x-30th-anniversary-classic-cartridge

Honestly I think it's a bunch of opportunistic bullshit, counting on "collector" hype-beasts to make easy money. If they all sell, that's $1.7 mil ...for a "fake collectible". Wish I thought of it first lol! ....but srsly, I don't understand why they'd remake common games that were manufactured in the millions, and why any "collector" would give a shit about what's essentially a licensed bootleg. How the F is 8500 "limited"?!?! I dunno...just unreal that there's a market for something this unnecessary.

It would be much more interesting if they made games that were never released or translated...or make a SNES version of "Ultra Street Fighter 2" with Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. New SNES games that never were...that's far more interesting and has some value, IMO.

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Neat that they are doing this, but doesn't seem worth it to me when you can still find nice complete in box copies of both the originals for $100 or less.

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Neat that they are doing this, but doesn't seem worth it to me when you can still find nice complete in box copies of both the originals for $100 or less.

If you're gonna buy something non-authentic, just get a friggin' Everdrive for about $100.

Then you have every game ever made ever. DONE.

#1734 5 years ago

I just snagged Wonder Boy for switch...Gorgeous game. but MAN does that bring back memories of HARD ass games with no "ball save" Really fun and great playing, but if you die 10+ times in a row sometimes you just need to set it down and come back later or you'll get frustrated as heck.

#1735 5 years ago

Maybe a common sight for some of you retro console gamers...

All of my battery-backed NES and SNES carts get new batteries.
IMG_2430 (resized).JPGIMG_2430 (resized).JPG

This one still had some juice after 22 years, but I didn't want to trust it to hold up the hours that I'm about to put into the game.
IMG_2429 (resized).JPGIMG_2429 (resized).JPG

Open-cart surgery!
IMG_2431 (resized).JPGIMG_2431 (resized).JPG

Done!
IMG_2432 (resized).JPGIMG_2432 (resized).JPG

#1736 5 years ago

It's funny you mention batteries. I just threw my old copy of adventure of link in the other day. To my surprise, my game from almost 30 years ago was still saved.

#1737 5 years ago

How do you back up your save file so you can replace the battery and then load the save file back on? Do you just use an auxiliary battery until you swap out the near dead one Alla George with his Frogger machine on Seinfeld?

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

How do you back up your save file so you can replace the battery and then load the save file back on?

I just let 'em go.

3 weeks later
#1739 5 years ago

amazon UK has some NES Classics available for pre-order and they ship to the us. about $65 bucks to get one.

#1740 5 years ago

Is there anywhere you can grab a recommendation for each platform of console? My console collection is strong, but my game collection is only strong on certain consoles (and I doubt I want to complete that Atari Jaguar collection anytime soon). I saw the Everdrive listed above on N64 - other platforms?

Also - if anyone has a Keio Flying Squadron copy for Sega CD for a fair price, I'm that close to completing my Sega cd collection. Will have some pics to follow later. (in process of moving)

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Is there anywhere you can grab a recommendation for each platform of console? My console collection is strong, but my game collection is only strong on certain consoles (and I doubt I want to complete that Atari Jaguar collection anytime soon). I saw the Everdrive listed above on N64 - other platforms?
Also - if anyone has a Keio Flying Squadron copy for Sega CD for a fair price, I'm that close to completing my Sega cd collection. Will have some pics to follow later. (in process of moving)

Ever drive makes a cart for almost all cart based consoles.... it’s amazing

#1742 5 years ago

Everdrive does NES, SNES, Sega MS, Game Gear, Gameboy, GBA, Genesis, Turbografx, N64. Other peeps make flash carts for Atari, Neo Geo, Lynx, and others I’m prob forgetting about.

Boom, instant collections for all that stuff.

#1743 5 years ago

Turbo Grafx... you just said the magic word. Most of my consoles have somewhat of a respectable collection (I'm just a shade under 2k game wise) - but TG16 has always been ridiculously priced to collect anything other than a few basics. I'm going to check this out right now. Thanks dudes.

#1744 5 years ago

Everdrives are absolutely great products. I have them for every cartridge console I own. I recommend waiting until Black Friday as he usually runs a 20% (IIRC) sale. Get every one you might need or you'll be waiting around for a year to get the rest next year.

#1745 5 years ago

Turbo Grafx... you just said the magic word. Most of my consoles have somewhat of a respectable collection (I'm just a shade under 2k game wise) - but TG16 has always been ridiculously priced to collect anything other than a few basics. I'm going to check this out right now. Thanks dudes.

There’s also a new thing for Turbo called the Super CD System 3, which allows you to play HuCard & CD-ROM games off a sD card...and the unit also allows for RGB out! A friend brought it over last week and it’s really cool to play all the CD games with CD sound, but no CDs! There was a slight sound hiss though that seems to come from the unit reading the SD as though it was a CD...but when you’re in gameplay it’s not really noticeable. Anyway, it’s anothwr option if you wanna play Turbo/PC-Engine CD games.

#1746 5 years ago

Statictrance, I have a near mint condition Keio Flying Squadron.. just the plastic outer case has a little wear, but that's generic - the CD and instructions are like new condition. I bought it new when it was released back in the day because it looked like Parodius, but only played it a couple times (wasn't as good as Parodius). Its been the jewel of my shmup collection, but I want to raise cash for other projects and I'm not working on a Sega CD collection. The last one I saw went for 1250 on ebay.. I'd definitely go a couple hundred cheaper to avoid fees and flakes... LMK, can get you pics of the game, etc. I'm in Cincy, close enough to possibly transact in person if you want. Also have shrinkwrapped, mint TG16 dead moon and deep blue, and few others I'd be interesting in selling...

1 week later
#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

More
Statictrance, I have a near mint condition Keio Flying Squadron..

Hey - I tried direct messaging you, but no response yet. Let me know if you are still looking to sell the Keio. Thanks.

#1748 5 years ago

I ordered a natural version from the 2nd batch and I will be using the Raphnet-Tech adapters to use this SNES arcade stick on various other consoles like the NES, N64, Game Cube, and Sega Genesis.

https://www.shikaarcades.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_Ib2awXTQ-OeyeZ0VBcYA

#1749 5 years ago

Newly acquired. It was non working due to some cold solder joints and a broken belt.

IMG_20180614_120306_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180614_120306_HDR (resized).jpg
#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I ordered a natural version from the 2nd batch and I will be using the Raphnet-Tech adapters to use this SNES arcade stick on various other consoles like the NES, N64, Game Cube, and Sega Genesis.
https://www.shikaarcades.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_Ib2awXTQ-OeyeZ0VBcYA

You're paying 500 bucks....for a SNES controller. I mean..okay great you have a plan to use it on other things too, that's good. But god...I wonder who the psycho is that's paying that to JUST use it for SNES!

There are 3,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/35?hl=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.