2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,912 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 238 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

index.jpg
20181115_170603.jpg
20181115_170545.jpg
C1A976B2-BA58-4CBC-93AF-15736B6D2DE0 (resized).jpeg
4606D479-8C65-4B96-9C88-7E1FF526F41C (resized).jpeg
F73AC0AB-5DAC-41F9-8D3F-740FD2990E03 (resized).jpeg
A4212454-066D-4614-88ED-EA71B9EB2EE6 (resized).jpeg
4C7575BE-D033-4202-8CFC-54DCD7D74835 (resized).jpeg
CD11981C-3A3D-41C4-B149-34A760E4028D (resized).jpeg
20181106_153345 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-11 (resized).jpeg
20181106_210747 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender-9 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-7 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-8 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-4 (resized).jpeg

There are 1912 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

THE timmy atwood? sealed nintendo video game legend?? haha..
i loved the videos that pat the nes punk posted re tim and all that drama over on atariage or was it nintendoage?

Yep! Haha. It was NintendoAge. I’m the one that posted the pic of the case of sealed Stadium Events lol.

#1602 1 year ago

Just picked this up. Now I can play Rondo of Blood in a language I don't understand, with a controller cable too short for my American home!

IMG_20171101_120055 (resized).jpg

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just picked this up. Now I can play Rondo of Blood in a language I don't understand, with a controller cable too short for my American home!

Lucky! I don't think I've come across a Japanese TurboGrafx/PC Engine before. Good find.

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I did that on the Wii eShop years ago! With a wireless Wiimote!

#1605 1 year ago

I've come across this twice at shows, for about the same price, so felt I should just GO FOR IT.

They had a TurboDuo for about the same cost (and I wouldn't have had to buy to System Card 3) but I like how janky this thing looks.

Ordered some old-school Apple Serial Cables off eBay (mini DINto use as controller extensions.

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yep! Haha. It was NintendoAge. I’m the one that posted the pic of the case of sealed Stadium Events lol.

That was great, loved hearing about all those case's of games. people and their Game "investments", I knew there had to be boxes of sealed games out there.

Quoted from benheck:

I love the interface CD setup. I just got a core grafx but no cd yet, might be too much for me.

2 of my older brothers had Turbografx 16's when I was a kid(they were out of the house) and I loved playing them. Ironically the 2 crush games mostly. so I always wanted some NEC Hudson love for myself and couldn't pass up a good deal on one with games

I would say watch out cause the cd units are finicky but you Ben Heck and ive seen you fix crazier things on your show. Plus the gear that breaks is 3d printable nowadays.

#1607 1 year ago

I need help, i picked up a ps vita for my boy its running 3.65 firmware. Is there any way to get mame playing on this thing? Any links or pms how to would be awesome.

#1608 1 year ago

Can someone recommend/link a decent tool set to take apart game controllers (specifically the WiiU screen pad)...they seem to have odd mini screws and way smaller pieces inside and I wanna get in and out cleanly

#1609 1 year ago

you will need a tri-wing screwdriver for the wii u game pad. there are plenty of them available on amazon, but make sure you get one that has a decent sized handle. those tiny ones are garbage

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Can someone recommend/link a decent tool set to take apart game controllers (specifically the WiiU screen pad)...they seem to have odd mini screws and way smaller pieces inside and I wanna get in and out cleanly

The "Bic Pen Screwdriver" works surprisingly well. Google it and I'm sure you will find lots of info about Nintendo.

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The "Bic Pen Screwdriver" works surprisingly well. Google it and I'm sure you will find lots of info about Nintendo.

the bic pen trick works well for the two (3.8mm and 4.5mm) flower shaped or "game bit" screws, but not for the tri-wing screws

here are links for the "better" game bit and tri-wing screw drivers:
amazon.com link »

amazon.com link »

1 week later
#1612 1 year ago

this is awesome.... so you have seen tim's collection / or storage unit of games?

im hoping he "shared the love" with you (gaming wise)

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

#1613 1 year ago

very kewl looking system ben! i think one of my socal buddies Oscar sold this one to you? he's a big time turbografx collector.

Quoted from benheck:

#1614 1 year ago

Yeah my TG-CD has been busted for years because I have no clue how to fix it and I'm too scared to trust random repair off ebay.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

this is awesome.... so you have seen tim's collection / or storage unit of games?
im hoping he "shared the love" with you (gaming wise)

I’ve seen a lot. More than prob anyone, including his family. However, I have not seen the cases. Some yes, but not all of them. He shares pictures with me from time to time too. Only two people have ever seen them in person, including Tim. I’ve known him for over 15 years. I took him to Dayhuff’s party. He had a really nice time.

What amazes me about his collection is the breadth of it. It spans everything from NES to current gen. It’s truly incredible.

I was just meandering through some of his boxes wasting time. Stuff he just has sitting around. There was a sealed 1942 and CIB copies of Chrono Trigger, Bonk’s Adventure, Mega Man X2, Final Fantasy II and III, Secret of Mana, Castlevania Drac X. In some cases he had multiples of each. He has every NES game factory sealed. Every. Fucking. Game.

#1616 1 year ago

How does one collect/come across so many nib games? Was he a dealer/rep? Discover a warehouse full? (I've heard of these)
It's been a while since I've paid much attention to retro games but definitely would like to check out any articles/stories about his collection. Links?
Thanks

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How does one collect/come across so many nib games? Was he a dealer/rep? Discover a warehouse full? (I've heard of these)
It's been a while since I've paid much attention to retro games but definitely would like to check out any articles/stories about his collection. Links?
Thanks

Here’s a story about the case of Stadium Events. I’m the Tom in the article. Pretty cool, the author, Justin Heckert, and Tod Curtis (also featured in the article) drove up to see us last week while I was visiting Tim. We all just played video games and went through Tim’s collection. Instant kids. I’d never met Tod before but he’s also the guy who sold Jay Bartlett the Stadium Events to complete the NES set for the documentary Nintendo Quest.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/18121761/the-true-story-nintendo-most-coveted-game

Tim essentially had two big scores. That’s how he essentially has a sealed game from the whole lifespan of the NES. The early games he found while cleaning out an old JC Penny’s. He found a pallet of old cases of NES games and took them instead of dumping them. The second score he got I can’t really say. That was a slow hand play on his part and I honestly can’t believe he pulled it off.

There’s really not much about him out there. He’s incredibly private. An interesting, unique and cool guy. He can be brash and that’s rubbed a lot of the collecting community the wrong way. He got out of the spotlight for years and years until the SE article. Now he’s back to being reclusive.

#1618 1 year ago

I will never, ever, understand the point of hoarding something that can't be used. To each their own... my time of collecting physical old games is done, more or less. With the advent of things like the SNES Mini and associated hacks, having a physical interface is enough to make me happy. I don't need the carts, and certainly not the wasted space, for things that will just simply never get used. The only reason I was ever holding onto them was to get a Framemeister, but thanks to Ninty, 75% of my reason for that is moot. The SNES Classic does a very passable job of upscaling IMO.

#1619 1 year ago

Yeah, collecting something you don't use, doesn't make much sense. But to each their own.
We bought our first house in 02 and had a awesome setup in the basement. 36" sony tube tv. Built a 36 ft cabinet to hold every system I had and displayed all the carts and boxes. Had a few arcade games also. when we sold the house in 06 I packed everything up in totes and planned on doing the same thing in our new house except it never happened. I just kept them packed away. After another move in 08 I realized what's the point of lugging these totes around if I'm not going to play them. I decided I should start to sell. I started with the systems I knew I'd never play again. 2 ataris, 2 intellivisions, genesis, sega cd, turbo graphix, neo geo, n64 and gamecube.
I kept the coleco, nes and snes and hooked them up and enjoyed them. And kept collecting snes and nes systems and games. In 2014 I decided to buy a pinball machine so I chose 10 must have/keep titles for both the nes and snes and sold off everything else. Started with the cibs and couple nib i had. Once I got my first pin I didn't hook up either again and sold both systems just before xmas last year.
I kept a hacked wii so if I do feel the urge to play some zelda lttp or super metroid, I can. I wanted a mini nes but couldn't find one and bought a rasp pii with retrocade. I don't mind emulators cause I play early 80s arcade games mostly and they're pretty spot on. If a snes mini pops up in the stores or not online for $250 I'll pick one up.

In the end my wife realizes I must collect something. Maybe when I loose interest in pins I'll go back to video games or arcades again?
She's just happy the video game thing is over cause she hated dusting all the shelves.

#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

she hated dusting all the shelves.

*cough* Could have helped out *cough*

#1621 1 year ago

looks like sonic mania is gonna get a physical release for at least Switch which im stoked about.

http://n4g.com/news/2119389/sonic-mania-physical-release-coming-soon

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

looks like sonic mania is gonna get a physical release for at least Switch which im stoked about.

I hate when physical releases are announced so far after the digital release. I already bought it digitally, so I'm out no matter what.

#1623 1 year ago

Nice. I avoided the digital release but it looks like the waiting has paid off. I'll snap it up when it's released physically on the Switch.

#1624 1 year ago

I thought people hated sonic mania? wait. mania was the new sonic that plays like the old one and forces is the new one everyone hates? Yeah I bought the old school playing on digital and I love physical releases

#1625 1 year ago

I bought the collectors edition on ps4 but sold the code so i could get a physical release that was rumored, looks like it paid off!

#1626 1 year ago

PC Engine CD system thoughts:

Uncompressed CD audio is awesome! Thumpin' bass!
Rondo of Blood is balls-hard, the people on YouTube make it look so easy
Controller cables too short, but a mini DIN-8 can be used as an extension (like the old Mac serial cables)

Speaking of short cables, it really highlights how cheap and lazy Nintendo is with their Mini systems. They didn't even "localize" the controller cable lengths for non-Japanese countries.

#1627 1 year ago

Rondo of Blood is a blast and has an incredible soundtrack. Are you having luck finding the secret exits to alternate levels? I got pretty far in on Magic Engine emulator but restarted recently on the real thing and need to remember all the tricks.

A turbotap will give you another foot of cable length, and more importantly allow for 5-player Bomberman '94 sessions

#1628 1 year ago

Rondo of Blood is such a amazing game.

really do wish i never sold my turbo duo and rondo years back (when i was spending all my console sales $$ on arcades/pinballs)

Quoted from metallik:

Rondo of Blood is a blast and has an incredible soundtrack. Are you having luck finding the secret exits to alternate levels? I got pretty far in on Magic Engine emulator but restarted recently on the real thing and need to remember all the tricks.
A turbotap will give you another foot of cable length, and more importantly allow for 5-player Bomberman '94 sessions

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Rondo of Blood is such a amazing game.
really do wish i never sold my turbo duo and rondo years back (when i was spending all my console sales $$ on arcades/pinballs)

If you still have a Wii or Wii U, you can buy Rondo on the Wii's Virtual Console for pretty cheap.

#1630 1 year ago

Is this retro gaming?

Got this today for a good price. Almost complete just missing the scotch tape and dice. Even had the original batteries.

Just crazy 100 bucks In 1972. Got to love analog gaming

20171118_233010 (resized).jpg

#1631 12 months ago

Went to target yesterday hoping to find a snes classic. Came home with this as a consolation prize. Pretty sweet system. Everything plays well and there's a good selection of games. I need to track down a paddle controller now...

20171121_160328 (resized).jpg

#1632 12 months ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Went to target yesterday hoping to find a snes classic. Came home with this as a consolation prize. Pretty sweet system. Everything plays well and there's a good selection of games. I need to track down a paddle controller now...

Kaboom!!!!

Man that is for sure a good paddle game

#1633 12 months ago

Hey I worked on that Atari Flashback.

#1634 12 months ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Hey I worked on that Atari Flashback.

Cool! How so?

#1635 12 months ago

We did some support work on quite a few of the games on it.

#1636 11 months ago

Just found out about this:
https://www.funstockretro.co.uk/retro-freak-retro-gaming-console-standard
Defiantly going to look into.

#1637 11 months ago

I think that’s just an emulator box. It reads the disc/cartridge and dumps the files, then plays them on an emulator. I don’t think that they play the game in real-time from the media. It’s not an actual hardware console, just a software emulator.

I don’t know for sure, but I’d be hesitant without more reading

#1638 11 months ago

Selling a nib Zelda breath of the wild for switch with the special edition art on it $40 shipped
Bought a special edition for the swag and have the game already20171124_201127 (resized).jpg20171124_201134 (resized).jpg

Added 12 months ago: EDIT: SOLD

#1639 11 months ago

I think we're on the waning edge of NES/SNES nostalgia. It's time to cash out on any valuable games I got back in the 90s for a song.

It's bizarre how valuable some obscure things can be!

#1640 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think we're on the waning edge of NES/SNES nostalgia.

I don't think so. The games and their IP have stood the test of time. It's more than nostalgia, the games are actually still great. Older consoles like Atari aren't as desirable because they were never that good in the first place. When I was 7 or 8 and Atari was the only thing we had, I thought it sucked as the games were never as good as the arcades. A character like Donkey Kong looked like a purple robot on Atari...but on NES he looked exactly like a recognizable cartoon character - and still does today.

Quoted from benheck:

It's time to cash out on any valuable games I got back in the 90s for a song.

That's what I did. As much as I love my old games, I was fine decluttering and just using Everdrives. When people were offering me $400 a pop for a single SNES game.....byyyeeeeeeeee. I still have all my CIB GBA games to sell.

#1641 11 months ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I've seen those, and have really wanted to buy one, but the one thing that's holding me back are the buttons in place of the stick switches on the console. If it had real metal switches like the old one, I'd totally get one.

#1642 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think we're on the waning edge of NES/SNES nostalgia. It's time to cash out on any valuable games I got back in the 90s for a song.
It's bizarre how valuable some obscure things can be!

I might be a buyer.

#1643 11 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

I've seen those, and have really wanted to buy one, but the one thing that's holding me back are the buttons in place of the stick switches on the console. If it had real metal switches like the old one, I'd totally get one.

I wouldn't let that hold you back. This thing plays great and is a lot of fun.

1 week later
#1644 11 months ago

Anyone looking for Xbox1 Scorpio? I have one I'm selling

#1645 11 months ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Anyone looking for Xbox1 Scorpio? I have one I'm selling

I got one. It’s crazy fast

#1646 11 months ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I got one. It’s crazy fast

I got one too. Love it.

For those of you who had an Intellivision as a kid, I made a video of my favorite game on that system on my projector:

Also have an article on my website here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/12/09/intellivision-slam-dunk-super-pro-basketball/

#1647 11 months ago

Anyone fool around with adding games to their snes classic? Just finally picked one up.

#1648 11 months ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Anyone fool around with adding games to their snes classic? Just finally picked one up.

I’m keeping mine stock but I see that it’s easily done

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/7562pc/modding_the_snes_classic_with_hakchi2_faq/

Maybe there is an updated tutorial?

#1649 11 months ago
Quoted from Jason43:

I've done it for myself and 3 friends. Pretty easy and happy with the results!

#1650 11 months ago

I've done it for myself and 3 friends. Pretty easy and happy with the results!

Where do you find your roms?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 999.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 224.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1912 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside