DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 62.
#1451 6 years ago

I got 2 on the BestBuy pre order last night, preordered 1, then went at it again for a second one with a different email address and credit card... I have a buddy that was up late and just happened to txt me while I was jacking with iTunes

#1452 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I just want Star Fox 2

This is partly my reason too. I was in the right place at the right time to get get in on the preorder at the end of June here in Australia.

#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I heard the Best Buy pre-order, specifically, was a shitshow, so congrats on that.

I didn't do shit. Was all my wife. :p

1 week later
#1454 6 years ago

Didn't see any posts about it today but Starcade is featured in a marathon stream on Twitch today via the Shout Factory TV channel.
Have been watching most of the afternoon/evening so far with just a handful of episodes left to go.

Why they didn't repro those sweet shirts for this marathon, I have no idea...

#1456 6 years ago

Nah. lol

WTF is the point of a $100 repro of one of the most common carts of all time, and not even the best SNES version of Street Fighter? Calling 5500 "limited"?

I know the guy who made this thing, and I still think it's bullshit lol

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah. lol
WTF is the point of a $100 repro of one of the most common carts of all time, and not even the best SNES version of Street Fighter? Calling 5500 "limited"?

I think it's cool shit...to each his own. It's more of a collectible.

#1458 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah. lol

I owned that game twice back in the 90s, and I still don't.. quite... get it

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I think it's cool shit...

Well, at least you're HALF right...

My particular SNES SFII cart was a pre-release given to the top ten finishers of the massive Family Fun Center tournament they had going when Champion Edition hit the streets.

As cool as I thought that was initially, the gameplay and graphics were sorely lacking compared to what I was used to playing.

Thankfully, the SNES port of SFII Turbo upped the ante on all fronts when it dropped a year and some change later.
(The code for the added turbo was awesome!)

Too bad they couldn't combine ALL the ports for this SNES Anniversary cart, or at least do a similar "Anniversary Edition", like they had for the 15th.
That at least would be probably worth the $100 price tag in 2017.

#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Didn't see any posts about it today but Starcade is featured in a marathon stream on Twitch today via the Shout Factory TV channel.
Have been watching most of the afternoon/evening so far with just a handful of episodes left to go.
Why they didn't repro those sweet shirts for this marathon, I have no idea...

I wanted to watch last night but Twitch was down for a while. I managed to catch an episode later at night. I wonder how long the marathon will run?

#1462 6 years ago

hmm, im a huge street fighter nut. i mean i have the pin and dont hate it. I have pretty much every sfii arcade board, all the hacks and shit. i have a sfii slot machine. i have one of those rare sfii arcade piggybank thingys. i dont see the point in buying this.

also check out this sweet warning at the bottom of the listing:

"WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”. Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product"

#1463 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire.

What in the hell?!

Was really interested in buying one. Now.....absolutely not. Thanks for catching that.

#1464 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What in the hell?!
Was really interested in buying one. Now.....absolutely not. Thanks for catching that.

the only reason i would buy it is to hope to get the rarer blanka edition cause it will probably go up in value, but id never play it and could use $100 more than a collectible at this point

#1465 6 years ago

I think it's cool shit...to each his own. It's more of a collectible.

It's a fake collectible, like a Stern LE....but perhaps even more useless since MILLIONS of SF2 carts exist.

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a fake collectible, like a Stern LE....but perhaps even more useless since MILLIONS of SF2 carts exist.

Good point. You've talked me out of it. I get it now. Thanks.

#1467 6 years ago

I get it now. Thanks.

Haha, Rare does indeed like to drive his point home.
Sometimes even past/through said home...

IMG_6126 (resized).JPGIMG_6126 (resized).JPG

#1468 6 years ago

Not too retro, but I got a Spiderman VE machine about a month ago. This morning I was going through some boxes in my basement and I found this poster of a game I worked on a few years ago. Signed by Bruce Campbell who did some voice work for us. I forgot I had it, I got rid of a ton of old work stuff before the move, I'm glad this made the trip. It's going up next to the machine

IMG_2724 (resized).jpgIMG_2724 (resized).jpg

#1469 6 years ago

I think those sf2 carts are okay... do we need one.. of course not, but it's kinda neat that there's an official licensed collectible out there for those that are interested. It's not one I'll buy but I get the people that do, and for a different game or project I might purchase. The best part is that even if one doesn't like this exact project there are more out there aimed at us and more to come if stuff like this is succesful.

1 week later
#1470 6 years ago

Not mine, just sharing the info for anyone interested.

Trade/OBO Rare sega new leaf test cart
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#1471 6 years ago

Just announced

Snes classic will ship with more units then nes classic in 2017 and nesc will relaunch in summer 2018

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just announced
Snes classic will ship with more units then nes classic in 2017 and nesc will relaunch in summer 2018

great news, source?

#1473 6 years ago

Saw the headline for that. I didn't realize it was a Summer 2018 thing though. Still, what's Nintendo thinking? SURE they will still sell them all in 2018, but why not get a head start, and start making and shipping them before Christmas? It's not like they need to spend more time developing it.

#1475 6 years ago

Real question is if the sideloading of additional games is going to be fixed or not. =\

#1476 6 years ago

I didn't read through the entire thread....but why aren't people downloading emulators and such? Raspberry pi? just don't get it. but then again, I'm cheap and I don't understand a quarter of the things some people do.

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Real question is if the sideloading of additional games is going to be fixed or not. =\

Meh, just retro pic and buy the nice case.

I'm keeping mine all stock. And have a retropi for all the goofy crap

It is a som running Linux. I don't see how it couldn't be hacked :-p

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I didn't read through the entire thread....but why aren't people downloading emulators and such? Raspberry pi? just don't get it. but then again, I'm cheap and I don't understand a quarter of the things some people do.

Because it is an official Nintendo product.

I have a retropi for all stuff but it is awesomely nastolgic with the official classics. P

#1479 6 years ago

I'm into 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, and every other bit too, but damn me if I were chase these "machines" around for some of the exorbitant prices people are asking for. Just wondering what people were thinking

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm into 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, and every other bit too, but damn me if I were chase these "machines" around for some of the exorbitant prices people are asking for. Just wondering what people were thinking

Original hardware is 100%. Emulation is not. Retro gamers want games to play and sound exactly like they should. Emulators can have lag or performance issues. Sound can be different. Many gamers like to sit in front of their TV with the real controller, not in front of a computer with a fake pad.

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Original hardware is 100%. Emulation is not. Retro gamers want games to play and sound exactly like they should. Emulators can have lag or performance issues. Sound can be different. Many gamers like to sit in front of their TV with the real controller, not in front of a computer with a fake pad.

Aren't these Classic Editions emulators too anyways?

I've got a RetroPie setup on my TV, I've also built 3 Gameboy Zero's so far. But I also have the NES Classic and have the SNES Classic on pre-order. Those two things aren't 3D printed, or cheap China knockoffs. The SNES won't be played, just like the NES hasn't ever been plugged in. They will live on my display shelf in my office.

Other people are hard to convince that a Retropie system is just as good. I've still been trying to convince a friend to buy the stuff for one, and I'll put it together. He's still dead set on bashing Nintendo for their marketing practices.

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I've got a RetroPie setup on my TV, I've also built 3 Gameboy Zero's so far. But I also have the NES Classic and have the SNES Classic on pre-order. Those two things aren't 3D printed, or cheap China knockoffs. The SNES won't be played, just like the NES hasn't ever been plugged in. They will live on my display shelf in my office.
Other people are hard to convince that a Retropie system is just as good. I've still been trying to convince a friend to buy the stuff for one, and I'll put it together. He's still dead set on bashing Nintendo for their marketing practices.

They are emulator based. However they are using true emulation from Nintendo code of original hardware instead of rebuilding the console to emulate how they think it should work. Which we should all be excited about because emulation of sfx games are meh and the snes emulator runs Fx games correctly and true!

#1483 6 years ago

Don't you think that if I had *any* interest in running a RetroPi or whatever I would've already *done that*? These suggestions to do this instead of loading more roms are pointless and unproductive, because clearly if we had an interest...that could've been done years ago.

#1484 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Yup...I don't want them for my main gaming purposes - but cuz they're cute & official Nintendo product. Although I love that Starfox 2 is on the SNES mini. That's awesome.

#1485 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup...I don't want them for my main gaming purposes - but cuz they're cute & official Nintendo product. Although I love that Starfox 2 is on the SNES mini. That's awesome.

I'm so pumped I'll probably camp out with my switch and a friend but if I don't get it release night I am hoping to have them continue production.

#1486 6 years ago

Bring on the end of the month here in Australia! 30th of September we will be getting our mini snes. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

#1487 6 years ago

My buddy is building this. Lol.

IMG_1524 (resized).jpgIMG_1524 (resized).jpg

#1488 6 years ago

would love a dedicated one of these with the spinner. 60 in 1 with trackball is fine BUT!
ARKANOID

20170907_223526 (resized).jpg20170907_223526 (resized).jpg

#1489 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL. whatever floats your boat man. Emulators, as far as I have played, play 100%. Many games which would not even be available stateside, all of which are available on the webs. I have plenty of fun with my PC connected to my 52in playing wirelessly with my X360 controller, on my couch. No need to get defensive, and no need to be snotty by assuming that I'm not a "retro gamer that needs 100% original hardware."

#1490 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

My buddy is building this. Lol.

That's awesome! But do you have to use a fork to get the cart out?

#1491 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

LOL. whatever floats your boat man. Emulators, as far as I have played, play 100%.

They're not. Might be good enough for you, and that's fine...but there are often subtle timing issues and lag. Precise platformers are often less responsive when playing on emulators vs. real hardware. Just a few frames/milliseconds makes a difference.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Many games which would not even be available stateside, all of which are available on the webs.

All of which can be played on original consoles with an Everdrive. I have Everdrives for all my consoles, so I have access to every game ever made just as you do.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I have plenty of fun with my PC connected to my 52in playing wirelessly with my X360 controller, on my couch.

You don't notice the lag. That works for you. Doesn't work for others.

Quoted from FatPanda:

No need to get defensive, and no need to be snotty by assuming that I'm not a "retro gamer that needs 100% original hardware.

Not defensive or snotty. You asked a question about why people chase around expensive original stuff. I gave you an answer, with facts. If you're confusing actual information as an attack, that's on you. Play games however the fuck you want. I don't care.

#1492 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Emulators, as far as I have played, play 100%.

The only emulation I do is MAME. For the most part the emulation is spot on but there are some games where it is not.

Be it as it may in any event as I digress, for console/computer gaming I prefer to play using original hardware, multicart and a CRT. But that's just the environment I prefer to play for that nostalgic experience.

As you were...

#1493 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

The only emulation I do is MAME. For the most part the emulation is spot on but there are some games where it is not.
Be it as it may in any event as I digress, for console/computer gaming I prefer to play using original hardware, multicart and a CRT. But that's just the environment I prefer to play for that nostalgic experience.
As you were...

Emulators aren't 100% - almost all emulators have some shortcuts/hacks in the code (most have a LOT) in order to get certain games to work. Generally, it's hard to notice - you need to know a game so well and have played it so many times you'd notice millisecond differences. Mostly we are talking ridiculously small details.

But it's not 100%, so there are efforts (BSNES/Higan for example) to do exactly perfect emulation. This takes HUGE processor speed and is mostly not necessary unless you are super into the original games and want to KNOW that they are perfectly emulated. But for the most part one is fooling oneself if you think you can tell. That said, most emulators are NOT 100%

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's awesome! But do you have to use a fork to get the cart out?

Ha, no forks needed. That's as far as the cart goes in, but the lever will be for power and the Red "toasting" LEDs.

1 week later
#1495 6 years ago

Samus Returns on 3ds is awesome

I have the game on gameboy but this remake is so good. The graphics rock and the bottom screen being the map is really nice. Highly recommend if you like metroidvania games and missed out on this one back in the day.

#1496 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Samus Returns on 3ds is awesome
I have the game on gameboy but this remake is so good. The graphics rock and the bottom screen being the map is really nice. Highly recommend if you like metroidvania games and missed out on this one back in the day.

I just started Dark Souls 4...err...Breath of the Wild last week, MvC Infinite just came out, Metroid just came out, and the SNES Classic comes out in a week. Oh, and money is tight. Very tight.

FML?

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I just started Dark Souls 4...err...Breath of the Wild last week, MvC Infinite just came out, Metroid just came out, and the SNES Classic comes out in a week. Oh, and money is tight. Very tight.
FML?

Yeah I passed on MvC infinite even tho I'm a big fan of the series (have a Capcom big blue cab with mvc2 in it) how is it?

I need to finish a bunch of games before Super Mario Odyssey comes out next month too hah.

#1498 6 years ago

I dunno, I haven't bought it yet because...money. I did see that they've added an 'easy combo' system and some other 'noob useability' type things. I have very mixed feelings about this. I used to have a big blue with MvC2 as well.

I liked the demo just fine, but that's not saying a lot. I will say that I'm not real pleased with the roster in Infinite. I liked having access to 'gimpy' characters that were just fun to play with like Roll.

#1499 6 years ago

from what I'm hearing, stores should have at least as many snes classic systems for walk-in customers as what they offered for pre-orders

I've also heard that many of the big box stores (best buy, target, walmart) could have as many as 60-100 systems available for walk-in customers on friday

4 more days!!

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

from what I'm hearing, stores should have at least as many snes classic systems for walk-in customers as what they offered for pre-orders
I've also heard that many of the big box stores (best buy, target, walmart) could have as many as 60-100 systems available for walk-in customers on friday
4 more days!!

Yeah I checked the inventory checker sites before Target took their numbers down, and some stores near me were showing over a hundred units per store...some with 250!!!!!!I think if I get there a little early, it should be fine even if there's a line.

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/30?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.