DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 62.
#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Got the cables today.
Just wow it looks so amazing on my crt tv
Also sonic 2 played fine for me.
I just can't get over how good my genesis looks I'll be up late tonight.
Plus I got a vector man an a shinobi 3 for 5 bucks today

Oh I used an LCD tv. I think they had issues with the LCD tvs....
Something something 240 I remember

#1402 6 years ago

RUT ROH RAGGY

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/26/walmart-cancels-snes-classic-edition-preorders

since I didn't see this until it was too late...I'm fine with it

#1403 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

RUT ROH RAGGY
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/26/walmart-cancels-snes-classic-edition-preorders

That would be very disappointing.

Lucky we don't seem to have problems like that here in Australia.

#1404 6 years ago

RUT ROH RAGGY

ox7iudynbxvcftzhwgkc (resized).pngox7iudynbxvcftzhwgkc (resized).png

#1405 6 years ago

nice price on a sealed mario the other day.. http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/28/sealed-copy-super-mario-bros-fetches-30k-on-ebay.html

And to answer some questions in advance the price was higher than expected but paid for, and due to it being a factory sealed early variant.

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

nice price on a sealed mario the other day.. http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/28/sealed-copy-super-mario-bros-fetches-30k-on-ebay.html
And to answer some questions in advance the price was higher than expected but paid for, and due to it being a factory sealed early variant.

ill sell my opened cib copy for 90% off

#1407 6 years ago

I'm sure you would!

#1408 6 years ago

Anyone know a good place to buy PS2 stuff? Just need a controller and a couple games.

#1409 6 years ago

Game stop online isn't horrible, otherwise you should check out your local video game stores

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Game stop online isn't horrible, otherwise you should check out your local video game stores

PS2 seems to be in that area where it's too old for Game Stop to carry it and it's too new to find in Retro shops. I may end up just having to go to ebay, it seems.

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

PS2 seems to be in that area where it's too old for Game Stop to carry it and it's too new to find in Retro shops. I may end up just having to go to ebay, it seems.

Mmm ya I see they have them but are not available online. Yeah, local shop, eBay or craigslist

#1412 6 years ago

Ok, thanks. Not a lot of local options for me. I do need to check CL.

#1413 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Ok, thanks. Not a lot of local options for me. I do need to check CL.

Dang :/ I live in a meh place and there are two or three stores that are local run old game places....not a giant selection but they I think would have ps2 stuff.

CL has some random deals! I found a lot of wiiu games on it!

#1414 6 years ago

We had one not long ago, but it didn't last long, unfortunately.

#1415 6 years ago

My buddy has a used game store in a small town in Nebraska and has a ton of PS2 stuff. His email is [email protected]
He's on here aswell but doesn't log in ever so best to email him rather than pm.

#1416 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

My buddy has a used game store in a small town in Nebraska and has a ton of PS2 stuff. His email is [email protected]
He's on here aswell but doesn't log in ever so best to email him rather than pm.

Cool, thanks. I'm going to send him an email. Paying shipping will suck but some of the repros I'm finding online look like crap.

#1417 6 years ago

My buddy has a used game store in a small town in Nebraska

A million years ago my father owned a chain of dry-cleaners in western Nebraska, one of which was in that small town. My grandparents lived there too for a while, caretakers for the Methodist church camp in the hills on the south side of town. It always makes me happy to see pinsiders from that part of the country.

#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

A million years ago my father owned a chain of dry-cleaners in western Nebraska, one of which was in that small town. My grandparents lived there too for a while, caretakers for the Methodist church camp in the hills on the south side of town. It always makes me happy to see pinsiders from that part of the country.

That's cool, yeah I grew up in Chadron. Not a horrible place to grow up. I lived in the country out by the state park. pretty nice area for Nebraska! I did get the hell outta their tho once I was able to

#1419 6 years ago

That's cool, yeah I grew up in Chadron. Not a horrible place to grow up. I lived in the country out by the state park. pretty nice area for Nebraska! I did get the hell outta their tho once I was able to

No kiddin'. Dad went to Chadron State, I was born and grew up in Scottsbluff but also made my escape.

edit: I spent New Years Y2K in Ft Collins also, that's a much more fun town!

1 week later
#1420 6 years ago

Even if its on new consoles....

Sonic Mania Is The Shit

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Even if its on new consoles....
Sonic Mania Is The Shit

I have the collectors edition for ps4 waiting for me when i get home from work. pretty stoked for it.

#1422 6 years ago

I have the collectors edition for ps4 waiting for me when i get home from work. pretty stoked for it.

I bailed on the collectors edition n cancelled my preorder...seen the unboxing n didn't need that big sonic genesis combo statue hanging around. I did pick the download up on Switch...it's great!! Plus it's on the go with Switch.

#1423 6 years ago

I bailed on the collectors edition n cancelled my preorder...seen the unboxing n didn't need that big sonic genesis combo statue hanging around. I did pick the download up on Switch...it's great!! Plus it's on the go with Switch.

I'm a sucker for collectibles haha. I am hedging my bets that they will release a physical copy of the game down the road and then im going to pick it up for switch. Or I might sell the ps4 download code and get the switch one, havent decided yet. Amazon had the ps4 in stock for the prime preorder discount but not the switch (when i ordered) so i went ps4, but would rather have it on the go.

#1424 6 years ago

I'm a sucker for collectibles haha. I am hedging my bets that they will release a physical copy of the game down the road and then im going to pick it up for switch. Or I might sell the ps4 download code and get the switch one, havent decided yet. Amazon had the ps4 in stock for the prime preorder discount but not the switch (when i ordered) so i went ps4, but would rather have it on the go.

I like how you "hedged" your bets...what no pun intended?! Oh I'm no angel to collecting....I mean we are on a pinball website I'd like a physical copy as well....I'd hold onto a PS4 version of that. The Switch version looks great on the Switch screeen...fun!

#1425 6 years ago

I have real old retro Coleco stuff for sale
chicago.craigslist.org link

#1426 6 years ago

So if someone wants to buy my Sonic mania PS4 game code for $15 let me know (retails $20), I've decided to get it for switch so I can play it on the go.

edit: Code sold

#1427 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone know a good place to buy PS2 stuff? Just need a controller and a couple games.

I keep seeing the Dual Shock 2's in thrift stores. Saw one yesterday for $5 and it was in good shape.

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I keep seeing the Dual Shock 2's in thrift stores. Saw one yesterday for $5 and it was in good shape.

I need to visit more thrift stores, apparently! Ended up getting a cheapo on Amazon. It's for the kids, so we'll see how long it lasts. Will be keeping my eyes open, though.

#1429 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I have real old retro Coleco stuff for sale
chicago.craigslist.org link

That's a really good starter set for somebody. There are a ton of new games still being developed for the ColecoVision.

#1430 6 years ago

Quiddity managed to snag a SNES Classic Pre-order from Best Buy at like 2am last night...

#1431 6 years ago

Saw someone say that both Bestbuy and Amazon had preorders last night. Now, what's the point of signing up for the "Email for Notification" if they don't notify you?

#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Saw someone say that both Bestbuy and Amazon had preorders last night. Now, what's the point of signing up for the "Email for Notification" if they don't notify you?

That is what I was thinking too. However they sold so fast as bots are buying them.... retailers need to put an extra layer in so we don't have this bot buy up

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Don't ask me... I had notifications set for both, and got notifications for neither one. She just HAPPENED to see someone in our local FB group had posted about it and was persistent as hell about getting through their overloaded site. I think she had to get it in the cart something like 15+ times to get it to go through.

Not much different than trying to get a Bag of Crap from Woot...

#1434 6 years ago

I had notifications set up as well and didn't get any either. Weak sauce.

#1435 6 years ago

Could be something in their system to drive sales. The notifications system might not be set up to let you know exactly when an item is for sale, but it might be set up to let you know that they are not sold out yet. So they initially release it, let people buy them, and then after orders drop, they then let people know about it so that orders pick up again. Why pay for the service that sends out emails when they can let the product sell itself first.

#1436 6 years ago

I got a notification while driving back from the solar eclipse in Wyoming. Got it in my cart like 3 times and never was able to check out

#1437 6 years ago

Anybody here hoping that Nintendo is making about 7 million of these so there are no shortages?

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Anybody here hoping that Nintendo is making about 7 million of these so there are no shortages?

I think everyone is hoping, but no one believes.

#1439 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I hoping they're not so I can fob mine off in a few months and buy a SD2SNES and make it perfectly clear to Nintendo what I think of their BS stock shenanigans. They drove me off their Virtual Console years ago when they remote-bricked my Wii with a stealth update that I didn't approve, and then refused to repair the console, or transfer the purchases to another one, leaving me out about a hundred bucks of games I'd purchased. Then comes the Switch, which I haven't seen on a shelf despite being what...6 months since it launched? And the Metroid they choose to make is...Metroid Prime 4? Another FPS Metroid? Yay?

Nah, I'd rather stick it to them. If we get the thing and the preorder wasn't a fluke. I'll sit on it a few weeks and see if it gets opened up like the NES classic...I'd keep it at that point. Otherwise, I'll be playing and and all games I want to on my SNES....starting with Terranigma.

#1440 6 years ago

Speaking of Switch. What happened to their free game every month program? Thought their original plan it was going to be free for everyone this year, and then later on, you'd have to pay for the service?

#1441 6 years ago

Well what the heck. Got an email from WalMart 17 minutes ago saying that the SNES was in stock. But already sold out. I have a Pebble Smartwatch, and usually emails get notified on my watch, but not this time. If I had seen it when I got the email, I may have gotten one.

#1442 6 years ago

My biggest issue with these retro consoles is that I've already owned the originals and many re-releases on virtual consoles. I don't need to buy Donkey Kong or Mario for the Nth time. I sat out the NES and was glad to not try to hunt one down. Same goes for SNES unless they make a boatload and I can put it on my display shelf. The Nintendo nostalgia has been wearing off each subsequent release of their catalog.

#1443 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My biggest issue with these retro consoles is that I've already owned the originals and many re-releases on virtual consoles. I don't need to buy Donkey Kong or Mario for the Nth time. I sat out the NES and was glad to not try to hunt one down. Same goes for SNES unless they make a boatload and I can put it on my display shelf. The Nintendo nostalgia has been wearing off each subsequent release of their catalog.

My primary interest in the NESC and SNESC was not having to find a learn how to use a Framemeister. Also, portability and compatibility with modern TVs.

#1444 6 years ago

I just want Star Fox 2

#1445 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Speaking of Switch. What happened to their free game every month program? Thought their original plan it was going to be free for everyone this year, and then later on, you'd have to pay for the service?

that started with nintendo's online system, which isn't out yet :/

I went to BB today and was told they were not aware of instore preorders.....lol...great.

#1446 6 years ago

i just pre-ordered a SNES, 1 of only 6 allotted, at my local Gamestop. looks like i just happened to be in the right place at the right time for once in my life

#1447 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

i just pre-ordered a SNES, 1 of only 6 allotted, at my local Gamestop. looks like i just happened to be in the right place at the right time for once in my life

Must be...since their site is currently DOWN...

But I'm totally sure Nintendo will be producing enough of these to go around lol.

#1448 6 years ago

I got the email and tried immediately but they were already gone. No more than 3 mins to sell out. Yeah, that's fkn annoying.

#1449 6 years ago

IGN said target sold out in 30 seconds. Missed them all hooray

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

quiddity managed to snag a SNES Classic Pre-order from Best Buy at like 2am last night...

I heard the Best Buy pre-order, specifically, was a shitshow, so congrats on that.

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/29?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.