DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 62.
#1301 6 years ago

Yeah it's going to be incredibly hard to get, and the Ebay prices will be even crazier than what the NES classic got

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

snes mini announced
has a finished star fox 2 on it
nice list of games only dud to me is Kirby dreamcourse but its an alright game

Kirby's dream course is such a fun multiplayer game!

also, yes, I doubt I will acquire one just as the nes classic was unavailable at retail price.

#1303 6 years ago

Another big N product that's a must have that I'll have to work for just to purchase. HO HUM

#1304 6 years ago

All,

I spoke to a Game Stop regional manager today to get the scoop on the SNES. They will be taking pre-orders on this, $20 deposit.

#1305 6 years ago

All the scalpers will pre-order leaving none for us. Nintendo supports scalping 100%.

#1306 6 years ago

I've decided that if I have trouble getting the SNES mini, then I won't be making any further purchases that directly benefit Nintendo. Only used consoles and games moving forward for me. They've been f'ing people over for years now with Amiibos, the NES Classic, the Switch, and soon the SNES? Go. To. Hell. Do not pass my wallet, as that mofo is LOCKED UP and you guys aren't getting in it again.

*edit* Oh, and Ninty can also eat a big fat dick for announcing two Metroid games and neither one is an actual new game. Instead we get "2nd Worst Metroid Sequel 4" and "2nd Best Metroid Remake"? REALLY?

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've decided that if I have trouble getting the SNES mini, then I won't be making any further purchases that directly benefit Nintendo. Only used consoles and games moving forward for me. They've been f'ing people over for years now with Amiibos, the NES Classic, the Switch, and soon the SNES? Go. To. Hell. Do not pass my wallet, as that mofo is LOCKED UP and you guys aren't getting in it again.
*edit* Oh, and Ninty can also eat a big fat dick for announcing two Metroid games and neither one is an actual new game. Instead we get "2nd Worst Metroid Sequel 4" and "2nd Best Metroid Remake"? REALLY?

I understand being frustrated, but why wouldn't nintendo make these items that make them profit? You DON'T have to buy them. If you don't enjoy nintendo's new offerings, then go stay with the retro stuff.... for your SNESC just go pre order it, problem solved. I know I'll be throwing in a preorder for mine as the hunt was fun for nesc but annoying AF.

#1308 6 years ago

I'm hoping they've learned from the NES Classic debacle. They were caught off guard by the nostalgia/retro scene. Now they know. Plus, including the finished version of Starfox 2!?!? That's insane!

My perhaps naive prediction: They will make millions instead of a few hundred thousand, and they'll keep selling them next year. They have to realize this is "free money", an impulse buy, great brand advertising, and not competition for the Switch.

#1309 6 years ago

Hopefully the preorders will be open for longer then they were in the EU. They seemed to sell out quite quickly, but I do think there is something to Nintendo's strategy. This fear of missing out does seem to create a demand.

PS: Glad the pinball hobby isn't like this.

#1310 6 years ago

Yes Nintendo stated they will make more then nesc. But....well we know the demand is up too so....should be fun

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I understand being frustrated, but why wouldn't nintendo make these items that make them profit?

I don't know...go try and get an answer out of them. Demand was clearly there for 4x the amount of NES Classics actually produced and they left it on the table. Demand is clearly there for the Switch and they're saying that they HAD NO IDEA (right..) that demand was going to be high, and that shortages are going to continue through the end of the year, costing them sales as people get tired of waiting and go back to their PS4/XB1.

Quoted from Rarehero:

My perhaps naive prediction: They will make millions instead of a few hundred thousand, and they'll keep selling them next year. They have to realize this is "free money", an impulse buy, great brand advertising, and not competition for the Switch.

You're living in a fantasy world if you actually believe that.. they haven't shown ANY willingness to fix their incompetence over the last 5 years or so...you think *THIS* is the turning point? I highly doubt that.

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You're living in a fantasy world if you actually believe that.. they haven't shown ANY willingness to fix their incompetence over the last 5 years or so...you think *THIS* is the turning point? I highly doubt that.

My Nintendo stock says otherwise

They're killing it this year with the Switch, there will be a ton available even if it's not instantaneously (I got 3 on launch day....and no I didn't scalp them). I think we'll see something different with this release. They know the demand for retro now. Free money. They made 2.3 million NES Classics. They say there will be significantly more SNES. 5 mil? 10 mil?

#1313 6 years ago

Thisiiiiiiiis is what I hate...........

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/27/snes-classics-preorders-already-on-ebay-with-huge-mark-ups

The madness of people and there greed

#1314 6 years ago

Evil. They're speculating, though. If Nintendo releases 5 million + & stores limit 1 per customer, scalpers will lose interest.

#1315 6 years ago

I actually recently sold my NTDOY stock. Not sure if that was wise or not, but it's just up so much over the past two years that I thought it was a good opportunity to cash out. I can't remember who said it, but "It's better to be a soar winner then a soar loser." I figured things were near hyped out after Pokemon Go, Amiibos, NES Classic, Switch, and several game announcements. Not sure how much of the SNESmini was built into the price; but that game list will undoubtedly draw interest.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I actually recently sold my NTDOY stock. Not sure if that was wise or not, but it's just up so much over the past two years that I thought it was a good opportunity to cash out. I can't remember who said it, but "It's better to be a soar winner then a soar loser." I figured things were near hyped out after Pokemon Go, Amiibos, NES Classic, Switch, and several game announcements. Not sure how much of the SNESmini was built into the price; but that game list will undoubtedly draw interest.

I think it's going to go up even further after Xmas Switch system and Mario Odyssey software sales blow the charts out.

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think it's going to go up even further after Xmas Switch system and Mario Odyssey software sales blow the charts out.

Software sales won't be blowing any charts out until Nintendo can get more switches into the hands of gamers. I wanted to play Zelda but will not jump through hoops to buy a system (nor buy the stupid bundles gamestop pushes for preorders). Zelda is already becoming old news, and they'll lose sales as people move on to systems and games they can actually buy at the store.

#1318 6 years ago

I very well could be wrong. I mostly sold as a part of a fear of a market correction in the near future. Plus, I think a lot what you mentioned is already built into the stock price.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Software sales won't be blowing any charts out until Nintendo can get more switches into the hands of gamers. I wanted to play Zelda but will not jump through hoops to buy a system (nor buy the stupid bundles gamestop pushes for preorders). Zelda is already becoming old news, and they'll lose sales as people move on to systems and games they can actually buy at the store.

Zelda is incredible and people will still be buying it for years. They've already sold more Zeldas than Switches!!!

Some of the GameStop bundles aren't bad. I think there's one with Zelda, Zelda DLC, ARMS & Mario Kart - that's all stuff I bought. If I didn't have a Switch yet, I'd get that bundle.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't know...go try and get an answer out of them. Demand was clearly there for 4x the amount of NES Classics actually produced and they left it on the table. Demand is clearly there for the Switch and they're saying that they HAD NO IDEA (right..) that demand was going to be high, and that shortages are going to continue through the end of the year, costing them sales as people get tired of waiting and go back to their PS4/XB1.

Finally found the email chain from Nintendo

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/7b2373a93a/leaked-nintendo-emails-reveal-a-snes-classic-shortage

#1321 6 years ago

So how long till hackers extract the Star Fox 2 code and put it on an snes cart to play on an og snes?

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

So how long till hackers extract the Star Fox 2 code and put it on an snes cart to play on an og snes?

If it uses the same SOC as the nes, which I think it will... mmmm a few hours THAT WILL BE AWESOME!!!

#1323 6 years ago

Any idea if that Star Fox 2 version is any different than the other ROMs floating around?

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Any idea if that Star Fox 2 version is any different than the other ROMs floating around?

Yes. It's complete. The roms out there are early test versions that have been fan hacked to work better.

To do this, they'd need a donor SFX cart. Unfortunately the Everdrive cannot play SFX games and SD2SNES might in the future, but currently can't.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. It's complete. The roms out there are early test versions that have been fan hacked to work better.

To do this, they'd need a donor SFX cart. Unfortunately the Everdrive cannot play SFX games and SD2SNES might in the future, but currently can't.

fortunately i said an OG snes, like an original super Nintendo entertainment system. Fortunately Stunt Race FX sucks, I'm sure the world would not care for less of them in existence.

#1326 6 years ago

I heard SF2 was SFX 2, so you'd need one of those carts, like yoshi island, winter gold, or doom. May just need a wiring difference?

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I heard SF2 was SFX 2, so you'd need one of those carts, like yoshi island, winter gold, or doom. May just need a wiring difference?

winter gold is the best donor cart that there can be. it has the FX2 chip, the faster crystal and I believe 2x the ram that yoshi's island or stunt race FX had. you just have to change out the CIC chip as well

#1328 6 years ago

Here is the adapter to get the new big 8bit chip onto the nintendo pinout with the wire swaps done. This if I think for the fx1 board.

https://oshpark.com/profiles/The_Real_Phoenix

Here is much more detail on the exact specifics and the fx2 pinouts
https://snescentral.com/0/0/7/0077/sf2_faq.txt

However I don't know if the official "rom" will make any changes to the custom alpha that was "hacked" to get it to run. I'll be swinging by my local shop to see if they have any of those fx games to have on hand for a nice sf2 recreate

#1329 6 years ago

fortunately i said an OG snes, like an original super Nintendo entertainment system. Fortunately Stunt Race FX sucks, I'm sure the world would not care for less of them in existence.

You STILL need a superfx chip, even with an OG SNES. Hence the need for donor cart of Yoshi or SF1 or other SFX game. Or you could play the extracted ROM on an emulator (that does superfx in software) and likely get about the same performance as the SNES Mini.

#1330 6 years ago

K so I did some digging

You'll want a game with a battery so you have have save points kept.....

Fx1/gsu1
Stunt racer fx

Fx2/gsu2 chip
Yoshi

Otherwise I've read doom works and winter gold is pal only. The fx2/gsu2 allows more ram to be used and I've read some that flashed to doom, that the game does run a bit better with the alpha build.

Stunt racer is $8 whole yoshi island is $30 :/

Edit: how much ram does yoshi have? Doom is great but no battery and I don't think it is easy to add one?

#1331 6 years ago

Yoshi has 256k
Doom has 512
The pal people got it mint with winter gold, gsu2 and 512k.

Most ideal situation is a yoshi cart with upgrade 512k or 1mb ram, mod for a15 and then sf2 :)But once snes classic is out we can see if they use hardware to emulate sfx or they did it all in the software emulation....that could help the everdrive and emulators. Super excited.

EDIT: Although it would only benefit if sf2 actually used gsu2's extra memory capabilities. Otherwise SRfx would be fine? as it uses gsu1 so the clock should be about the same as a gsu2.

#1332 6 years ago

have you guys seen this yet? turn your smartphone (android) into a gameboy/gameboy color

http://hyperkinlab.com/smartboy-development-kit/

#1333 6 years ago

have you guys seen this yet? turn your smartphone (android) into a gameboy/gameboy color
http://hyperkinlab.com/smartboy-development-kit/

Ha ha that is just dumb. $60 bucks for a brick, try carrying that thing in your pocket. Emulators are everywhere and I always see people playing Pokemon or other timesink games that the touch screen emulated controls work just fine. You can also emulate everything on the DS and 3DS. I guess technically it lets you play legit cartridges but I doubt it's an official product and probably still infringes copyright.

#1334 6 years ago

I've got a Star Fox 2 cart. I had it made 7 years ago. I don't remember what the innards were but the black cart came from a Killer Instinct. I've never played it sadly.

IMG_0702 (resized).JPGIMG_0702 (resized).JPG

#1335 6 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/06/29/the-snes-classic-is-last-retro-nintendo/

This writer doesn't think an N64 classic would work. Not enough games and the controller is wonky. I would definitely want one though.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/06/29/the-snes-classic-is-last-retro-nintendo/
This writer doesn't think an N64 classic would work. Not enough games and the controller is wonky. I would definitely want one though.

Controller could be an issue depending on if they could accurately replicate the analog stick or have to just fudge it......doubt the conroller design outside of that is the problem if they were able to replicate molds for the NES/SNES.

Not enough games? I'm pretty sure they could cobble together 15-20 worthy games...question is would licensing get in the way of things like Goldeneye, which everyone but me would want. For me, they could fill it with Mario 64, Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party 1/2/3, Paper Mario, Yoshi's Island, OOT, MM....that's half of what they would put on there anyways.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Controller could be an issue depending on if they could accurately replicate the analog stick or have to just fudge it......doubt the conroller design outside of that is the problem if they were able to replicate molds for the NES/SNES.
Not enough games? I'm pretty sure they could cobble together 15-20 worthy games...question is would licensing get in the way of things like Goldeneye, which everyone but me would want. For me, they could fill it with Mario 64, Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party 1/2/3, Paper Mario, Yoshi's Island, OOT, MM....that's half of what they would put on there anyways.

What no Conkers bad fur day Paper mario FTW though. I agree they could find enough games to make this happen....KI could be in there too.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, a lot of the good games are RARE games....which are MS's now :/
Goldeneye
perfect dark
Banjo etc
The hardware of that SOC should have no issue with N64 emulation as the NIN team has full access to hardware and writing emulator. The only thing I could see is when it gets hacked, the community would then use that emulator to play all the pirated games on pi and pc etc. The analog stick on the n64 could be done via the hardware it is the switch that doesn't have analog....but maybe they have new joycons with analog functionality? that joystick doesn't seem too far off a psp's.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

that joystick doesn't seem too far off a psp's.

Maybe not in technical terms it's not, but the feel of it is MASSIVELY different to me from every playstation controller design, Xbox, and yeah, even the Dreamcast and Saturn. It makes a big difference, and in things like Smash Bros...IMO the Gamecube (which was closer to the other analog controls) just didn't feel as good as the N64 controller.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Maybe not in technical terms it's not, but the feel of it is MASSIVELY different to me from every playstation controller design, Xbox, and yeah, even the Dreamcast and Saturn. It makes a big difference, and in things like Smash Bros...IMO the Gamecube (which was closer to the other analog controls) just didn't feel as good as the N64 controller.

the feel of it moving is definitely it's own. I actually am meh on the joycons. I have a switch pro controller and love that for gameplaying. The joycons I only use when I'm mobile, and they are "fine". But man that pro controller is nice Just wish they would of had an analog trigger for some GCN VC

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the feel of it moving is definitely it's own. I actually am meh on the joycons. I have a switch pro controller and love that for gameplaying. The joycons I only use when I'm mobile, and they are "fine". But man that pro controller is nice Just wish they would of had an analog trigger for some GCN VC

Yeah, I got a pro controller on launch, so glad I did. I never even set up the "normal" control of the two joycons in the plastic handle thingy until mario kart came out. feels way shitty compared to the pro controller hah. Its nice to play a nintendo console with a real controller for the first time in awhile. The pro controller is just great. SFII sucks with the joycons imo which sucks for the portable nature of the system and that game in particular.

#1342 6 years ago

Also, tomorrow night I'm going to this:

https://tickets.coloradosymphony.org/single/eventDetail.aspx?p=4459

super stoked haha #nerdlyfe

for those who dont click links, its the Colorado Symphony : Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses

#1343 6 years ago

Yeah, I got a pro controller on launch, so glad I did. I never even set up the "normal" control of the two joycons in the plastic handle thingy until mario kart came out. feels way shitty compared to the pro controller hah. Its nice to play a nintendo console with a real controller for the first time in awhile. The pro controller is just great. SFII sucks with the joycons imo which sucks for the portable nature of the system and that game in particular.

Yeah, even joycons on ARMS is eh. THe pro controller on wiiu was great too. Hey if you get the wiiu usb gamecube adapter you can use GCN controllers on the switch while docked!

#1344 6 years ago

Wii U pro controller is one of my favorites

the 80 some hours of battery life is nice too

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

80 some hours of battery life

WTF...

Man my PS4 controllers don't even last 4 hours.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

WTF...
Man my PS4 controllers don't even last 4 hours.

Nintendo has always been able to weave magic into their batteries.

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hey if you get the wiiu usb gamecube adapter you can use GCN controllers on the switch while docked!

I've been waiting for gamestop to get one in stock for awhile, but caved and bought a used one today after you mentioned this.

their website is having a buy 2 used get 1 free event. starts today if you are a power up rewards member, tomorrow if you arent
bought it and 2 used n64 controllers, hoping they dont suck but they were only 12 bucks and got 1 free so meh. Rollin the dice, the used ones locally at the game stores are 20 bucks so if I can make 1 good one outta the two that would be fine with me.

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's for sure. I had one of the first Nintendo DS's, and hadn't touched it for like 2 years. Powered right up with about 1/2 battery life left.

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Key words.. "their batteries" lol.... I remember how many AA's I went through with my wiimotes... it wasn't pretty, but it was still better than the PS4 controllers.

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, even joycons on ARMS is eh. THe pro controller on wiiu was great too. Hey if you get the wiiu usb gamecube adapter you can use GCN controllers on the switch while docked!

Omg I love the Joy Cons for ARMS. I tried playing it with the Pro control and I just couldn't do it - Joy Con motion is so satisfying, so responsive ...I just love it.

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.