DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 62.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well it's pretty easy to just copy and paste all of the games announced.
I'm not only talking Nintendo IP. I'm not talking small Indie games. Most of those Indie games are very old and available on many platforms including the vastly superior Steam. I'm talking physical games which is what sold people on the Switch. The promise of the return of cartridges.
I've been pondering recently how I probably won't be buying a PS4 or XBone. All of their physical releases are dependent on patches and unplayable offline. The PS3 and XB360 will probably be the last consoles I collect games for from those companies.

you just want to lick the cartridges don't you

I'm a big physical. I have like...5 games at the moment physical and 2-3 digital. THe ease of digital is nice but I love having a cartridge. If you are only counting exclusive physical games, then yes, the system is low ish. Waiting isn't a big deal. End of this year the console will have a very solid collection. It is about once a month a A title hits....so, Q1 2018 should be a great time to buy

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

you just want to lick the cartridges don't you
I'm a big physical. I have like...5 games at the moment physical and 2-3 digital. THe ease of digital is nice but I love having a cartridge. If you are only counting exclusive physical games, then yes, the system is low ish. Waiting isn't a big deal. End of this year the console will have a very solid collection. It is about once a month a A title hits....so, Q1 2018 should be a great time to buy

Well I want variety. If it's only Nintendo games and the occasional Call of Duty then the Switch is just WiiU 2.0.

Nintendo really should support more adult or realistic style games. The Stanley Parable would have fit right in on a Nintendo console. More games that tell a story would be a plus.

If I'm buying digital, I'm buying on Steam. I'm tired of buying digital on consoles and losing access with each generation.

#1203 6 years ago

Played all the new battle mode stuff in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last night. Super fun!

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If I'm buying digital, I'm buying on Steam. I'm tired of buying digital on consoles and losing access with each generation.

Yep..the only non-Steam digital 'purchases' I have is PS+ stuff. When I had Homebrew Channel working on my Wii, perfectly fine no trouble at all, there was a stealth update sent out by Ninty which bricked my console. I had purchased a good chunk of Virtual Console titles, and that was the last time I bought anything online for a console with MY money. =| Still have the brick sitting around somewhere, never bothered trying to get it repaired.

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What kinda games you looking for?
A wii? Maybe a wiiu? At this point I can see not upgrading from a wiiu. But at the end of this year the switch will have a much better ready to go library.

Yeah sorry, I meant to say Wii U.

We have a nice 4 player setup for my family, so we have mario kart, the party games, etc.. on Wii U. Plus all the controllers, driving wheels, etc...

If i wanted to upgrade to the Switch, it would cost a lot of money just to get us where we are currently with the Wii U.

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Played all the new battle mode stuff in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last night. Super fun!

Super Fun? Super frustrating! I've played quite a few races and battles online, and I don't think I've finished any higher than 9th online. I can't get any traction. As soon as I start moving, I get hit with something.

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Super Fun? Super frustrating! I've played quite a few races and battles online, and I don't think I've finished any higher than 9th online. I can't get any traction. As soon as I start moving, I get hit with something.

Hmm I'm played local multiplayer so not sure how the online stuff works.

#1208 6 years ago

Not sure if this is even remotely relevant on this 25 page long thread, but here is my Sharp X68000 that I do a lot of 16-bit retro gaming on! Though pinball was my first love, this thing has become my most prize possession.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

#1209 6 years ago

Heh, funny...I've never seen an actual Roland MT-32 before.

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Not sure if this is even remotely relevant on this 25 page long thread, but here is my Sharp X68000 that I do a lot of 16-bit retro gaming on! Though pinball was my first love, this thing has become my most prize possession.

Very cool.

#1211 6 years ago

Hmm I'm played local multiplayer so not sure how the online stuff works.

Suppose local multiplayer would be funner. I need to find some friends.

Online is just too chaotic. Too many people, and too many available power ups for that many people. Wish there was a way to filter out race types. Like: No Power Ups, Only boosters, Very limited offensive power ups.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Too many people, and too many available power ups for that many people. Wish there was a way to filter out race types.

Well that would be...race-ist...

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Suppose local multiplayer would be funner. I need to find some friends.
Online is just too chaotic. Too many people, and too many available power ups for that many people. Wish there was a way to filter out race types. Like: No Power Ups, Only boosters, Very limited offensive power ups.

local you can change a lot of those options, maybe the host of the multiplayer games online can set those as well?

#1214 6 years ago

local you can change a lot of those options, maybe the host of the multiplayer games online can set those as well?

I think it's all randomly generated by the Nintendo servers. You just tell it if you want to race people regionally (looks to be people within your same continent, because I've raced people from Canada and Mexico) or Worldwide, and then are given the option of three different maps, and then the server picks the game type (battle) or speed (race. only seen 100 and 150).

I haven't seen an option to host my own online race. So I think they just do everything for you.

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

they just do everything for you.

Typical Nintendo. They still have no idea what anyone wants in an online service, and it's why no developers give a crap about supporting their systems other than trashware developers and porting things from other consoles.

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I think it's all randomly generated by the Nintendo servers. You just tell it if you want to race people regionally (looks to be people within your same continent, because I've raced people from Canada and Mexico) or Worldwide, and then are given the option of three different maps, and then the server picks the game type (battle) or speed (race. only seen 100 and 150).
I haven't seen an option to host my own online race. So I think they just do everything for you.

thats super disappointing. Thankfully I can play locally and have a friend with a switch as well for more controllers.

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Typical Nintendo. They still have no idea what anyone wants in an online service, and it's why no developers give a crap about supporting their systems other than trashware developers and porting things from other consoles.

Your "love never dies" for the BIG N

#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

That is just too cool.

I always wanted to play with a X68000. its just an awesome machine

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I was really hoping Nintendo were going to change their bad habits with the Switch but it sounds like more of the same.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Your "love never dies" for the BIG N

I'm not really content to see the company that produced my love of video games just sit back and commit suicide, which is what it what it seems like they've been trying to do with the 3DS, WiiU, and now the Switch. It's depressing. Their lack of reasonable online support sucks. Friend codes suck. No real Metroid games REALLY REALLY SUCKS. If they want to alienate 3rd parties with their decisions...fine..whatever..I have a PS4. But they *have* to fix these other things to get back on top, and they're not even remotely close. Pokemon is not going to solely fuel their profit margin, nor will limited release EXTREMELY high demand items that they then suddenly discontinue before 75% of the people that want them can buy them (Limited release Amiibos and NES Classic).

As for anyone else that wants to argue where my gaming loyaties lie...let me know when you've got ~2k worth of Nintendo pixels tattooed on you.

#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm not really content to see the company that produced my love of video games just sit back and commit suicide, which is what it what it seems like they've been trying to do with the 3DS, WiiU, and now the Switch. It's depressing. Their lack of reasonable online support sucks. Friend codes suck. No real Metroid games REALLY REALLY SUCKS. If they want to alienate 3rd parties with their decisions...fine..whatever..I have a PS4. But they *have* to fix these other things to get back on top, and they're not even remotely close. Pokemon is not going to solely fuel their profit margin, nor will limited release EXTREMELY high demand items that they then suddenly discontinue before 75% of the people that want them can buy them (Limited release Amiibos and NES Classic).
As for anyone else that wants to argue where my gaming loyaties lie...let me know when you've got ~2k worth of Nintendo pixels tattooed on you.

Is PS4 any better? I've been very disappointed with this generation.

The other day my thirteen year old nephew said that he and his dad were thinking of buying a PS3 again after trading theirs for a PS4 before Christmas. There just hasn't been enough good games on consoles this gen.

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"Back on top"? They will never be back on top, in the fact they would over take MS or Sony. They will however out sell like a mofo to the casual and family gamer...which they are doing at a very fast pace with the switch. The new 2dsxl looks pretty good too.

#1223 6 years ago

I'm not really seeing Nintendos "fall from fame" that everyone's been bitching about....so to speak. I've enjoyed my WiiU....it's a fun system, I like the 3ds (well I didn't commit until they released the "new" 3ds).....ok it's kind of gimmicky but that has been there take for awhile now, and I love my NES classic!! Oh wait....nm yeah Nintendo screwed me on that one as I never found a classic. I guess I'm holding out for a SUPER NES version. There is just so much hate for Nnintendo of late....no not just here but gaming forums have a plethora of fanboys that like to spew the trash.

If anything are they not trying to be innovative? They do see the potential for tablets so that has been there focus over the last two systems. I do see where they haven't moved up with rest of the big boys.....online and such.

#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I never will.

"Love never dies."

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

That's rad. I wish I had room for retro computing setups like this. I only have room for one desk among my cramped game rooms, so a Commodore 64 is all I get. None of these neato obscure Japanese PCs.

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'm not really seeing Nintendos "fall from fame" that everyone's been bitching about....so to speak. I've enjoyed my WiiU....it's a fun system, I like the 3ds (well I didn't commit until they released the "new" 3ds).....ok it's kind of gimmicky but that has been there take for awhile now, and I love my NES classic!! Oh wait....nm yeah Nintendo screwed me on that one as I never found a classic. I guess I'm holding out for a SUPER NES version. There is just so much hate for Nnintendo of late....no not just here but gaming forums have a plethora of fanboys that like to spew the trash.
If anything are they not trying to be innovative? They do see the potential for tablets so that has been there focus over the last two systems. I do see where they haven't moved up with rest of the big boys.....online and such.

I think you misinterpreted. I don't see them going out of business or anything. Nintendo is very good at making money but I can see them exiting the console business. They can make so much more money selling mobile and digital games.

If they want to continue with consoles they need to take some lessons from the competitors while keeping what they do well.

#1227 6 years ago

Nintendo has so much cash they can fail for decades

but they make money still so they will be alright. They are no SEGA

There has been this Nintendo hate sprinkled with doom and gloom for years now

#1228 6 years ago

I think I saw on their financial statements that their are sitting on 1 TRILLION yen of cash. Mind boggling (10 billion US in cash just sitting there!). Total liabilites 2b US. They do OK! They don't seem to have made much money the last few years but they haven't really lost any either despite the WiiU doing really poorly. The Switch is bound to do far better than the WiiU did.

#1229 6 years ago

Hey, if they would just admit to everyone "BTW, we're done catering to our once-core audience, you guys can move on now" I'd stop hoping that they'll come around, at least. As it is, the only reason I'm going to buy a Switch to date is....Zelda and maaaaaybe Bomberman? :\ I don't even know why I'm going to waste the money on Zelda. I couldn't be arsed to finish Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess....both of them were just that awful to me. There was nothing to draw me in, and I gave up after probably less than 20 hours... just like I felt like Majora's Mask was a soulless shart after Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure I have enough faith left in Nintendo to gamble 500 bucks on them being able to produce a AAA game anymore. Clearly my opinion diverges wildly from what people find "good" anymore.

Does anyone seriously give two fecks about tablets as gaming devices? I never use the WiiU, or any of the other 4 tablets sitting around my house for uh.....anything....because my phone does it all, fits in my hands better, and isn't a footlong piece of plate glass waiting to shatter all over anything it gets dropped on. When I want a home console, I want that thing to be pushing boundaries graphically, not being intentionally crippled just so it can be mobile. IMO the only screen that's been worth a damn on a mobile handheld gaming platform...EVER....was the orignal PSP Vitas that had OLED screens. My current phone and my prior phone both used OLED screens, and I will NEVER go back given any kind of choice.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

There just hasn't been enough good games on consoles this gen.

Agreed. My PS4 has seen very little gaming use. It was for Netflix and Blu-Rays and some PS+ games for a long time. I got about 90% of the way through GTA5, which I liked, and put in 40 hours into Final Fantasy XV until some douche on one of the cell phone FF reddit forums decided it was a great idea to post basically the whole end of the game, so now I have absolutely no motivation to finish it at all. Waited a long-ass time for that, only to ignore what I already knew....stay the f--k off the internet when you want to see a new movie or play a new game. I have no recourse, he won I guess.

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey, if they would just admit to everyone "BTW, we're done catering to our once-core audience, you guys can move on now" I'd stop hoping that they'll come around, at least.

Maybe they see their core audience differently than you do.

There are already two companies fighting over the 25 year old basement dweller.

Why would they want to join that fight? I have a six year old daughter that is apeshit for Mario. They'll have her until she's at least 12, I'm sure, along with every other kid. Plus other people that are into what they offer.

Why do we need a third console putting out endless first party shooters? The other two handle that side of things pretty well.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey, if they would just admit to everyone "BTW, we're done catering to our once-core audience, you guys can move on now" I'd stop hoping that they'll come around, at least. As it is, the only reason I'm going to buy a Switch to date is....Zelda and maaaaaybe Bomberman? :\ I don't even know why I'm going to waste the money on Zelda. I couldn't be arsed to finish Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess....both of them were just that awful to me. There was nothing to draw me in, and I gave up after probably less than 20 hours... just like I felt like Majora's Mask was a soulless shart after Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure I have enough faith left in Nintendo to gamble 500 bucks on them being able to produce a AAA game anymore. Clearly my opinion diverges wildly from what people find "good" anymore.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on 3DS is beyond amazing. If you haven't played it yet I would highly recommend getting it. It takes everything great from A Link to the Past and builds on it. To me, Zelda is at its best in top down format but BoTW is also insanely good imo.

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Does anyone seriously give two fecks about tablets as gaming devices? I never use the WiiU, or any of the other 4 tablets sitting around my house for uh.....anything....because my phone does it all, fits in my hands better, and isn't a footlong piece of plate glass waiting to shatter all over anything it gets dropped on. When I want a home console, I want that thing to be pushing boundaries graphically, not being intentionally crippled just so it can be mobile. IMO the only screen that's been worth a damn on a mobile handheld gaming platform...EVER....was the orignal PSP Vitas that had OLED screens. My current phone and my prior phone both used OLED screens, and I will NEVER go back given any kind of choice.

Agreed. My PS4 has seen very little gaming use. It was for Netflix and Blu-Rays and some PS+ games for a long time. I got about 90% of the way through GTA5, which I liked, and put in 40 hours into Final Fantasy XV until some douche on one of the cell phone FF reddit forums decided it was a great idea to post basically the whole end of the game, so now I have absolutely no motivation to finish it at all. Waited a long-ass time for that, only to ignore what I already knew....stay the f--k off the internet when you want to see a new movie or play a new game. I have no recourse, he won I guess.

You haven't even tried the new zelda yet? HOw can you bash soooo hard and have so much hate for something that you 1. haven't tried and 2. has been getting more praise then my puppy dog.

Bomberman R received an update 1-2 weeks ago to bring it to version 1.3? and for me, fixed all/99% of the issues at launch. Great game.

Zelda I bought on wiiu, played a while, got a switch and bought again. It is that amazing. Like no other zelda. Go buy the game on wiiu used or something if you don't want to give Nintendo your money... but I do not get your negativeness to something you haven't tried yet.

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I mean, Skyward Sword is a wiggle waggle, overlong, NPCs tell you exactly where to go, repetitive mess. BotW is kind of the opposite of Skyward Sword. But then you went on to hating Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask and Wii U and PS4 and you're not finishing FFXV... Maybe you just don't like video games so I don't know if Switch is going to bring you back into the fold.

#1234 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm so glad someone else feels the same! Nintendo is the reason I have a lot of great childhood memories. But, the last 20 years I've been like.....what are you doing? I feel like the magic is gone. I have a room dedicated to what they used to be.

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Why do we need a third console putting out endless first party shooters? The other two handle that side of things pretty well.

Do you even read, bro? I have plenty of FPS on my PC, thanks. Console FPS? LMAO...noobs, PUH-LEASE.. no. Just no. I'm talking about them supporting their core franchises like Metroid, which has been turned into a joke IMO, ever since Metroid Prime 2. Prime 2, Prime 3, Hunters, Other M, Federation Force BLEHHHHHHH. No thanks. One FPS Metroid was more than enough, and they just keep wearing it out like a cheap hooker. Fusion had interesting mechanics and a storyline that left everyone hanging.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

hating Twilight Princess

TBH I don't *hate* Twilight Princess...I just wasn't motivated enough to finish it. I can't even remember how far I did get. I want to say several dungeons in. I liked the premise of it a lot, it just didn't grab me for whatever reason. Majora's Asshat? I do actually hate that game. The whole premise is asinine to me, even more than Link being the 237th Doctor was. But at least that game HAS a story. Maybe they could have salvaged it by having Malon get stabbed by an 8 foot long katana. It worked for FF7, right? Because the whole Metor (YES I KNOW IT'S A MOON >_< thing sucked there too. I haven't been keeping up with the handheld Zeldas at all. I think Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were the last ones I played, definitely the last one I finished. Story wasn't great but having one core dungeon that you get to see more and more of was a neat mechanic...though I understand why it drove some people batty.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

not finishing FFXV

What's the point? The combat mechanics aren't all that. Achievement points are for schmucks. FF is all about the story and if you already know the end, then....? One of two things will happen if I finish the game:

1. The end will be exactly as I've been told it is, and I'll be pissed that I wasted the time to finish it.
2. The end will not be as I was told, meaning the guy wasn't just a *dick*, but a creative dick because the level of specificity for a troll is impressive, and I'll be pissed that I believed the guy.

So either way I end up more irritated about it than just dropping it. I'm getting my fill of Noctis in Brave Exvius and Record Keeper.

Quoted from northvibe:

You haven't even tried the new zelda yet? HOw can you bash soooo hard and have so much hate for something that you 1. haven't tried and 2. has been getting more praise then my puppy dog.

I didn't bash BotW anywhere? I just expressed my doubts about it. I know it's been getting good reviews...that I've been avoiding on purpose. I about stopped reading this thread because I didn't want to know anything spoilery about it. Thankfully, this thread has been far more reasonable than the DOUCHEBAGS on the FF Exvius reddit. As I said, I'll more likely than not be buying it in spite of those doubts because the word of mouth has been pretty crazy, and I HAVEN'T seen a single person say anything bad about it. I didn't even know about the launch issues with Bomberman until a few weeks ago when that patch went live, so that was never a factor for me. I'm interested in good multiplayer stuff, and Bomberman is ....usually?...good for that? We're going to pretend some of those N64 games never happened.

#1236 6 years ago

More back to the point of the thread...

If anyone's interested in my opinion of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I'll be able to tell you tomorrow. It showed up today and going to be having a throwdown tonight!

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If anyone's interested in my opinion of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I'll be able to tell you tomorrow. It showed up today and going to be having a throwdown tonight!

I really wanted to like the game, but I get DESTROYED when I play. I still find it fun. If you play local multi player it will be amazing. If you play vs cpu, prepare and get good

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I really wanted to like the game, but I get DESTROYED when I play. I still find it fun. If you play local multi player it will be amazing. If you play vs cpu, prepare and get good

Hmm...Now I'm intrigued. I love both of those games a lot.

#1239 6 years ago

Hey Frax, did you like Wind Waker? You skipped over that one.

My fave Zeldas are the oddballs, WW and Zelda 2 plus LTTP. I didn't play OoT till years later so I never thought it was mindblowing. It was enjoyable though. I've started a lot of the others but never finished them.

#1240 6 years ago

I'd suggest Links Awakening.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Hmm...Now I'm intrigued. I love both of those games a lot.

Did you have a switch? Demo is on the us and jap eshop.

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Hey Frax, did you like Wind Waker? You skipped over that one.
My fave Zeldas are the oddballs, WW and Zelda 2 plus LTTP. I didn't play OoT till years later so I never thought it was mindblowing. It was enjoyable though. I've started a lot of the others but never finished them.

Minish Cap is great on GBA as well.

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ive been liking it. lots of fun modes
the story is lame and way to "cutesy" but it is challenging and mixes it up

The tetris stuff has been a breeze in this one but Damn I'm finally getting back into my Puyo Puyo Groove.

#1244 6 years ago

Tore up Wind Waker. The boat thing didn't really bother me at all. *edit* Link's Awakening? The game boy one? lol...cleared it years and years ago. Pretty sure I played and finished Minish Cap too.

Yeah...so....I threw a controller at the wall last night. I very much doubt I'll be playing PPT online again, because clearly, as a mid-30's white guy, I don't have the skills to even compete with the LOSERS. The only time I even get close to winning is in the mixed puyo/tetris mode, or playing Tetris style in the quick clear preset puzzle mode. So f'ing ridiculous. Multiplayer local with 3 people was cool, but I don't see it replacing Tetris Attack as our primary staple, at all. Wife fell asleep early so I didn't get to play that nearly as much as I wanted, but I'll probably give single player a good shot tonight. Online? F--k off with that noise.

#1245 6 years ago

Tetris attack is the shit

#1246 6 years ago

So I've been clearing out a lot of my games, but the system I always struggle with is the PS2. The games are still just such a great value it's hard for me to let them go. I actually just added Takio Drum Masters to my collection. I found the controller cheap at a pawn shop, but never bothered to buy the game. I found it for a few bucks on Amazon. Any other good "party game" suggestions for the PS2? I like games where you can play them for a few minutes and then walk away.

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So I've been clearing out a lot of my games, but the system I always struggle with is the PS2. The games are still just such a great value it's hard for me to let them go. I actually just added Takio Drum Masters to my collection. I found the controller cheap at a pawn shop, but never bothered to buy the game. I found it for a few bucks on Amazon. Any other good "party game" suggestions for the PS2? I like games where you can play them for a few minutes and then walk away.

Cookies n Cream. Fantastic coop game. Id have to think otherwise. THe library is so freaking massive.... so many good games.

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What's the point? The combat mechanics aren't all that. Achievement points are for schmucks. FF is all about the story and if you already know the end, then....? One of two things will happen if I finish the game:
1. The end will be exactly as I've been told it is, and I'll be pissed that I wasted the time to finish it.
2. The end will not be as I was told, meaning the guy wasn't just a *dick*, but a creative dick because the level of specificity for a troll is impressive, and I'll be pissed that I believed the guy.
So either way I end up more irritated about it than just dropping it. I'm getting my fill of Noctis in Brave Exvius and Record Keeper.

Not sure if it'll make you feel any better about FFXV, but I wasn't too hot on the game even while I played through and beat the main storyline. However, I found a lot of enjoyment in all the content that only opened up after beating the story. I put more hours into FFXV after beating it than I did before (~25 hours to beat the main story, at least triple that spent in the game total).

Quoted from Frax:

I didn't bash BotW anywhere? I just expressed my doubts about it. I know it's been getting good reviews...that I've been avoiding on purpose. I about stopped reading this thread because I didn't want to know anything spoilery about it.

I was skeptical that Nintendo still understood what people liked about Zelda after playing the Wii version of Twilight Princess and watching someone else play through Skyward Sword, but BotW nails the experience. It's like the original NES Zelda remade into the Japanese vision of Skyrim, but with a glider. Unlike Skyward Sword, no matter what you do in BotW, you're going to have a pretty great time with it. Playing Zelda is fresh again.

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Do you even read, bro? I have plenty of FPS on my PC, thanks. Console FPS? LMAO...noobs, PUH-LEASE.. no. Just no. I'm talking about them supporting their core franchises like Metroid, which has been turned into a joke IMO, ever since Metroid Prime 2. Prime 2, Prime 3, Hunters, Other M, Federation Force BLEHHHHHHH. No thanks. One FPS Metroid was more than enough, and they just keep wearing it out like a cheap hooker. Fusion had interesting mechanics and a storyline that left everyone hanging.

TBH I don't *hate* Twilight Princess...I just wasn't motivated enough to finish it. I can't even remember how far I did get. I want to say several dungeons in. I liked the premise of it a lot, it just didn't grab me for whatever reason. Majora's Asshat? I do actually hate that game. The whole premise is asinine to me, even more than Link being the 237th Doctor was. But at least that game HAS a story. Maybe they could have salvaged it by having Malon get stabbed by an 8 foot long katana. It worked for FF7, right? Because the whole Metor (YES I KNOW IT'S A MOON >_< thing sucked there too. I haven't been keeping up with the handheld Zeldas at all. I think Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were the last ones I played, definitely the last one I finished. Story wasn't great but having one core dungeon that you get to see more and more of was a neat mechanic...though I understand why it drove some people batty.

I didn't bash BotW anywhere? I just expressed my doubts about it. I know it's been getting good reviews...that I've been avoiding on purpose. I about stopped reading this thread because I didn't want to know anything spoilery about it. Thankfully, this thread has been far more reasonable than the DOUCHEBAGS on the FF Exvius reddit. As I said, I'll more likely than not be buying it in spite of those doubts because the word of mouth has been pretty crazy, and I HAVEN'T seen a single person say anything bad about it. I didn't even know about the launch issues with Bomberman until a few weeks ago when that patch went live, so that was never a factor for me. I'm interested in good multiplayer stuff, and Bomberman is ....usually?...good for that? We're going to pretend some of those N64 games never happened.

Y so serious bro? There's lots of good games out there. I find I only have time for one every six months anyways. There's no shortage of options, which is great!

Not every game is going to be everything to everyone. I get not liking one, but being... angry? about it is weird to me. I can't muster the rage.

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/25?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.