Screenshot_20231214-161932 (resized).png
Screenshot_20231214-155422 (resized).png
Screenshot_20231214-155413 (resized).png
_20231105_171238 (resized).JPG
DSC_4233 (resized).JPG
DSC_4237 (resized).JPG
Jr9L1tY (resized).png
drvgs (resized).png

There are 3,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 61.
#1051 7 years ago

man I have been loving Zelda. I got the master sword last night

Found it on my own which was satisfying

but I only have defeated one divine beast.

#1052 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I would have thought Zelda would have been clearly sold out. Figured it'd be the game everyone bought, even if they were waiting for a system.

I am guessing zelda is not sold out because they made some many of them knowing it was gonna be a hit and all the retailers bought a ton of copies, where bomberman is less likely to move units / systems so retailers had less copies, but it is the only recognizable franchise for a traditional multiplayer game at launch so people snagged it up. I always preorder early on amazon to get the prime discount and if i decide against it, cancel a few days before launch and dont get charged.

#1053 7 years ago

Looks like they got out of the gate with the Switch by having Nintendo's best launch. lets see if they can keep the momentum.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/07/switch-launch-sales-in-the-americas-are-nintendoas-best-ever

Looking forward to these titles in the coming months
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28th)
Ultra Street Fighter II (May 26th)
Shakedown Hawaii (April or May)

#1054 7 years ago

I'm hoping for a great console but I am also holding off on purchasing. They need either Metroid or Castlvania to be announced if they want me on board.

#1055 7 years ago

A *real* Metroid, not that Prime stuff or Team Ninja HOO-WAH. Pretty sure everyone wants to know what the HELL happened after Fusion. Get on it, bitches.

#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I FINALLY HAVE BEATEN SUPER C

now on to the next contra or maybe ill just finish battletoads. damn elevator level takes all my damn lives.

best game ever!

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

A *real* Metroid, not that Prime stuff or Team Ninja HOO-WAH. Pretty sure everyone wants to know what the HELL happened after Fusion. Get on it, bitches.

Fusion was a gameboy game, right?

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Fusion was a gameboy game, right?

GBA

#1059 7 years ago

I see. Damn that's a long time to wait for some Metroid satisfaction!

#1060 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I see. Damn that's a long time to wait for some Metroid satisfaction!

Yeah, that was the last Metroid I really enjoyed. I had high hopes for Metroid: Other M for Wii but I thought it was bleh. Did not even finish it, I don't think I got very far at all. Oh well.

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

not that Prime stuff

Idk, Frax. Honestly, Metroid Prime was an unbelievable experience. Probably among my favorite games. Granted, Super Metroid is also fantastic, but like side scrolling Mario vs open world/3D Mario, it's hard to compare the two.

#1062 7 years ago

Woody24, i did the same thing! My wife looked at me weird because I layed down on the couch so the Switch would be in the right orientation for doing just what you described.

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Idk, Frax. Honestly, Metroid Prime was an unbelievable experience.

If you're talking about the first game, I mostly agree. But the problem is, it was SO long, and there was SO much backtracking, that by the time the second one and then my god the third...there's no amount of storyline that can make me want to spend 30+ minutes backtracking from one area to another with zero indications of WTF I'm supposed to be doing, killing the same pain in the ass respawning mobs.... I have better things to do with my time.

#1064 7 years ago

There should be a new Prime on the switch. I would prefer a more traditional Metroid

Retro studios hasn't put out a game since DKC tropical freeze and have been working on a game since before it was released.

my guess is that its the next metroid

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

There should be a new Prime on the switch. I would prefer a more traditional Metroid
Retro studios hasn't put out a game since DKC tropical freeze and have been working on a game since before it was released.
my guess is that its the next metroid

Also Monster Games out of MN, makers of Excite Truck, Excite Bots, porting DK and pilot wings to DS....are making a game they've been quiet about as well.... Excite truck 2 on switch would make me so excited.

Lots of rumors but Metroid, smash bros and more are talked about being ported from old consoles and new releases...we can only hope.

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Also Monster Games out of MN, makers of Excite Truck, Excite Bots, porting DK and pilot wings to DS....are making a game they've been quiet about as well.... Excite truck 2 on switch would make me so excited.

Oh man, those were great, under appreciated games! I didn't know they were working on anything for the Switch - thanks for the update!

#1067 7 years ago

Interesting. I knew that Amazon offered discounts on games for pre-ordering if you have Prime. But I saw that Bomberman was back in stock from Amazon, and it's $10 because I have Prime. Didn't check out any other games yet, but that's cool if they extend the discount post-release.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Interesting. I knew that Amazon offered discounts on games for pre-ordering if you have Prime. But I saw that Bomberman was back in stock from Amazon, and it's $10 because I have Prime. Didn't check out any other games yet, but that's cool if they extend the discount post-release.

its usually the first week of release you get the discount. zelda is $48 still for prime members

#1069 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you're talking about the first game

Hmmm... I kinda liked the backtracking. I know what you mean though. PITA to keep revisiting the same things over and over again, but I liked how they made the backtracking more tolerable by either giving you a shortcut, or secrets to uncover with your new upgrades you get throughout the game. It give meaning to the exploration of places you've been.

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

its usually the first week of release you get the discount. zelda is $48 still for prime members

20% discount with Prime is good through two weeks after release.

#1071 7 years ago

I love me some tear-down videos, and I've watched a few on the Switch that I thought I'd share.

I just wish they'd show them putting the torn down items back together, because I think that part is entertaining too. I have a lot of respect for the skills of the slaves that put together all of our high-tech electronic gizmos.

#1072 7 years ago

the guy from the first video seems to be very knowledgeable about [most] of the components used. great video

#1073 7 years ago

Forget Tekken 7, 2017's hottest new fighting game has just arrived - only it's 22 years later than originally expected. After being cancelled in 1995, Kotaku reports that Atari's long-lost Primal Rage II has found its way onto the internet. Downloading an emulator will allow 90's fighting fans to dive straight into a competent build of the ill-fated beat 'em up. While some menus are still incomplete and it has its fair share of bugs, players will find that the dino-brawling itself works.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/15/cancelled-90s-arcade-fighter-primal-rage-ii-released-online/

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Forget Tekken 7, 2017's hottest new fighting game has just arrived - only it's 22 years later than originally expected. After being cancelled in 1995, Kotaku reports that Atari's long-lost Primal Rage II has found its way onto the internet. Downloading an emulator will allow 90's fighting fans to dive straight into a competent build of the ill-fated beat 'em up. While some menus are still incomplete and it has its fair share of bugs, players will find that the dino-brawling itself works.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/15/cancelled-90s-arcade-fighter-primal-rage-ii-released-online/

That is freaking awesome!!!! Now I just want to see what/how far done hydro thunder 2 was on those midway servers

#1075 7 years ago

Anyone else already tired of Zelda? I keep playing it thinking that I'm going to get over the hump of when the game actually becomes fun, but I just don't see it. I guess I'm expecting it to be more like Skyrim. I absolutely hate that the weapons break after just 1 or two fights. I'm spending more time searching for shrines so that I can get more health hearts so that I can live longer, and it's just been killing the fun I should be having. Also hate lightning.

I guess I was hoping it to be more like Skyrim.

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Anyone else already tired of Zelda? I keep playing it thinking that I'm going to get over the hump of when the game actually becomes fun, but I just don't see it. I guess I'm expecting it to be more like Skyrim. I absolutely hate that the weapons break after just 1 or two fights. I'm spending more time searching for shrines so that I can get more health hearts so that I can live longer, and it's just been killing the fun I should be having. Also hate lightning.
I guess I was hoping it to be more like Skyrim.

How far are you in the main story? I mean later on the weapons break less but I'm enjoying it. Although now I'm searching for shrines to up my hearts and stamina. But just exploring is fun, I also started to do all the side quests in the towns. There are tons! However I have be guide book to help a little

#1077 7 years ago

Nope, loving every moment of it!

Inventory management is an important ability in the game but i've always had a pretty full inventory to choose from. Have you expanded your inventory with the korok seeds? I've beat 2 Divine Beasts and found the Master Sword and just been exploring and doing random things.

When it is lightning out just take off all your metal equipment and you wont get struck...
If you are bummed you cant climb something when its raining just throw down some wood and hit some flint with your sword and it will start a fire and you can advance to the next day. Just do it under a tree so the rain doesnt put it out right away.

#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How far are you in the main story? I mean later on the weapons break less but I'm enjoying it. Although now I'm searching for shrines to up my hearts and stamina. But just exploring is fun, I also started to do all the side quests in the towns. There are tons! However I have be guide book to help a little

Pretty sure I'm not far at all. I have 4-5 main quests in my journal. Although some kinda feel like a side quest because I come across them on my way to somewhere, but show up under the main quest menu.

I've got the camera, and now I have to find the same locations shown in the album. And I think that's where I've decided that I would try to find shines and climb those towers to see if I can stumble across those locations.

But that's been what's hurting my fun the most. Guess I should look up to see where those spots are, so that I can progress in the main story.

#1079 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Pretty sure I'm not far at all. I have 4-5 main quests in my journal. Although some kinda feel like a side quest because I come across them on my way to somewhere, but show up under the main quest menu.
I've got the camera, and now I have to find the same locations shown in the album. And I think that's where I've decided that I would try to find shines and climb those towers to see if I can stumble across those locations.
But that's been what's hurting my fun the most. Guess I should look up to see where those spots are, so that I can progress in the main story.

ive only found like 3 of those pictures. There is a guy at some towns and most stables that is painting pictures. He will look at your photo album and give clues to where the pic was taken at. You have to do the first one to start him moving to other places. The first one is in Kakariko Village. Once youve gotten the picture he wants, he will appear at stables and give your clues to where other memories are at.

#1081 7 years ago

Got a switch last night...finally. Splatoon 2 test fire is this weekend!!!

image_uploaded_from_ios (resized).jpgimage_uploaded_from_ios (resized).jpg

#1082 7 years ago

Have they abandoned the NES Classic? I haven't seen anything about it since the Switch came out. I kinda expected that.

I keep looking at BrickSeek, and everytime I check, it says that it's <1% in stock. At one point a couple months ago, I saw 22%.

#1083 7 years ago

There have been some recent shipments but not big at all. What I did notice was it almost seems like target and Walmart found out how to block brickseek.....

You could try istocknow.com as well. My bb and target had stock and no online place or their own website showed they had stock. You almost need to talk to their tech department or have a friend in the know.

#1084 7 years ago

I keep checking Target, Walmart, and Bestbuy whenever I'm there. No special trips just for the NES, just general stops. I'm not hunting them out, but when I do see one on the shelf I'm going to get one. So it's no big deal.

But they obviously don't care about it as much as the Switch, or they'd be ramping up production. I've read a report that they are doing that with the Switch.

#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You could try istocknow.com as well.

Well that worked out well. Said PrimeNow had it in stock, and just placed my order for one. Thanks. Searching done.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Well that worked out well. Said PrimeNow had it in stock, and just placed my order for one. Thanks. Searching done.

rock on!!
I still need the official classic controller to complete my nes but I use the wii classic controller for 2p at the moment. The RDS case is super nice to use for the nesc, if you wanted a case

#1087 7 years ago

Anyone else pre-ordering Paprium? I just ordered a Limited Edition. I'm not sure how limited it will be, but it looks like a great game and I'd be shocked if it were to depreciate in value. Not buying it because of that, but it helps to justify the $89 price for a genesis game. I also just ordered a reprint copy of Pier Solar. I've owned it before, but traded it away when it was out of print for some time. People were making crazy offers.

http://www.paprium.com/

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Anyone else pre-ordering Paprium? I just ordered a Limited Edition. I'm not sure how limited it will be, but it looks like a great game and I'd be shocked if it were to depreciate in value. Not buying it because of that, but it helps to justify the $89 price for a genesis game.
http://www.paprium.com/

Sweet, I might be in. I got watermelons Pier Solar a few years back and was impressed. This looks really nice!

#1089 7 years ago

I'm trying not to over hype it but it looks like it has potential to be the greatest beat'em up of all time. They are saying 25 levels, 5 playable characters, and RPG elements.

#1090 6 years ago

Looking to buy a Nintendo Classic that has been modded if anyone has one for sale pm me.

#1091 6 years ago

Nesc stock is getting better and replenished so it should be easier to find one now

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Nesc stock is getting better and replenished so it should be easier to find one now

I was told by an employee at Game Stop that Nintendo is no longer making the NES Classic and will be launching the original NES system in fall. Is this info correct?

#1093 6 years ago

What were the mechanical faults of the original Xbox?

I saw one for sale the other day and contemplated buying it. It was a little high so I asked to see it play. It started up no problem but I tried two separate clean disks and got a disk read error on both. I decided to pass.

The RROD was for X360 right?

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was told by an employee at Game Stop that Nintendo is no longer making the NES Classic and will be launching the original NES system in fall. Is this info correct?

wait, what?!? so, according to this "so called" employee, nintendo is going to eliminate a game system that they can't keep on the store shelves and instead go back to manufacturing a system that is over 30 years old that uses cartridges that are no longer produced by companies that no longer exist? hmm... I don't think so

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sounds like that employee was talking out the side of his neck, so to speak.

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wait, what?!? so, according to this "so called" employee, nintendo is going to eliminate a game system that they can't keep on the store shelves and instead go back to manufacturing a system that is over 30 years old that uses cartridges that are no longer produced by companies that no longer exist? hmm... I don't think so

I'd half-believe it. RetroUSB proves that there's still money to be made in a 30 year old console. Plus, I wouldn't say that Nintendo isn't able to keep up with production. More like refusing the ramp up production. There'd be no excuse that there shouldn't be Classic NES's on the shelves of every store by this point.

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'd half-believe it. RetroUSB proves that there's still money to be made in a 30 year old console.

retrousb also manufactures a device that allows you to copy rom images onto a compact flash card and play them so their 2 products go hand in hand. do you see nintendo doing the same thing?

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

do you see nintendo doing the same thing?

We'll find out this fall.

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

That'

Quoted from pinmister:I was told by an employee at Game Stop that Nintendo is no longer making the NES Classic and will be launching the original NES system in fall. Is this info correct?

They did stop making the NES classic (like a month or two ago IIRC), right after the latest hack got announced.

Its a shame but I imagine they will either scrap it completely or issue a version that can't be hacked so easily.

Re-manufacturing old consoles - no way! Can't see it! Even though they'd probably sell well.

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

They did stop making the NES classic (like a month or two ago IIRC), right after the latest hack got announced.

Hack keeps getting updated too

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hakchi2-nes-mini-very-simple-pimp-tool.456256/

There are 3,043 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/22?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.