DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 62.
#51 7 years ago

Y'all just need to preoder months in advance. I ordered mine months ago.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

To explain this in pinhead terms, it's Nintendo's MMR, IMVE or BBB.
Retro Nintendo is white hot at the moment, and real NES cartridges fetch $20+ for even common games. A used NES console under $50 is almost impossible to find.
So yes, this is 3x more expensive than your average TV games console (= Nintendo prints money) but it's also massively cheaper than collecting even a fraction of the included games.

I think this is more like zizzle than mmr

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Very cool. Way more fun when you build yourself. Where did you get that mug?

Quoted from Snowyetti:

That mug is awesome I want one.

Sadly the photo is a stock photo of the product. Not my mug I'm afraid.

#54 7 years ago

This is just Nintendo being Nintendo. Stores should have had at least 50 in stock for launch. This whole "withhold stock to increase demand and ensure a sellout" just caters to the profiteers. I'm waiting at least a year before I get the Nintendo switch as I have no desire to compete for the 3 systems every store will have in stock on launch day.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutchman2009:

This is just Nintendo being Nintendo. Stores should have had at least 50 in stock for launch. This whole "withhold stock to increase demand and ensure a sellout" just caters to the profiteers. I'm waiting at least a year before I get the Nintendo switch as I have no desire to compete for the 3 systems every store will have in stock on launch day.

No no no...is this market that's "capitalism" ...

(FWIW, I absolutely and totally agree with you.)

#56 7 years ago

This thread is HILARIOUS! You guys are crapping on people for overpaying for these cause they have to have it first; or complaining people are flipping at a profit; or simply don't understand why people would overpay cause they 'have to have it' so you call em dumb. Irony at its best coming from a bunch of pinheads that'll pay 8, 9, 10, 12.5 thousand dollars on a pin that's not even complete so you can feel like youre more special than others Or have a game early or have a 'limited' run game, or just cause you 'have to have it'. We're all guilty - Funny as shit no one else sees the irony here, carry on....

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so the everdrive lets you load your NES roms on it and can read them?

Yup - you can put every rom from every region ..plus Famicom Disk System games, fan translations of games that never came out over here, hacks, hombrews, prototypes ...and play them all on a real NES. Or, in my case, the RetroUSB AVS - an HDMI NES that came out a few months ago. It's a great way to play NES carts in HD with no lag (the reason some people do not like to use computer emulators...lag and inaccuracies).

Back to Everdrives - the great thing about them is they offer the convenience of emulators without being emulators. You can play them on original hardware. To the system, a rom is a rom is a rom. I ended up selling all my old carts and getting Everdrives for my consoles. Saves a ton of space and I made a nice chunk of change from cart collectors.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#58 7 years ago

Tried Target first at 7:50. Was 3 persons too late. Drove over to Best Buy, got in line, and was maybe the 15th person?
They had 38 available.
So less than 2 hours wait shooting the $#!t with other guys my age went by in a flash.
There were only 4 controllers available which was lame but, (you can use the Wii classic controller in a pinch.) all in all it went pretty smoothly.

Tiny mo-fo for sure!
IMG_4169 (resized).JPGIMG_4169 (resized).JPG

Cool poster though.

IMG_4170 (resized).JPGIMG_4170 (resized).JPG

#59 7 years ago

just waiting for the code update!

#60 7 years ago

I think its pretty cool and the filters are a nice touch

but I have all the games already and play my nes on a crt so its not really for me.

I'm working on beating battletoads right now. I can get through the turbo tunnel now but that game doesn't get any easier after that.

I love NES and think this mini great for kids and parents to play together. the marios are timeless.

and for the average person they aren't going to deal with emulators or collecting, they just want to play some of the games that they played as a kid.

but scalpers suck m'kay

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

coming from a bunch of pinheads that'll pay 8, 9, 10, 12.5 thousand dollars on a pin that's not even complete so you can feel like youre more special than others ..

If you can show me what game in my collection meets that criteria, please let me know ; otherwise, that's Pinside profiling, and I resent it .

#62 7 years ago

I do have a NIB original NES still LOL

#63 7 years ago

Should've seen this coming when people were paying out the balls for the 4-p gamecube adapter for the WiiU...

God, I feel like an idiot for missing yet another chance to make an easy 2k. SMH. I don't have any shame about taking money from people that pay the "OMG-I-CANT-WAIT" Tax......and use it to pay my property taxes.

#64 7 years ago

I got a Famicom. 100 games built in and 400 on the cartridge (although I can't get the cartridge to work). $67.

Nuts Milk FTW!

IMG_0051 (resized).JPGIMG_0051 (resized).JPG
IMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPG
IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPG

#65 7 years ago

If it's anything like the Wii launch, Nintendo World in midtown will have a shit-ton of them available every morning. They'd "sell out," then make a couple hundred available the next morning.

When the Wii launched, every day for a week I got off the subway a stop early in the morning, stopped in and bought two, walked the couple blocks to the office, put 'em up Buy It Now on eBay and had the mailroom ship 'em out that afternoon.

#66 7 years ago

Without a doubt Nintendo limits supply to create demand.

The Wii was a surprise hit, so its 1st Christmas rarity might make sense... But also being hard to find the 2nd Christmas? That's BS.

Amiibos - basically a Happy Meal toy with an RFID chip. Why is this hard to produce?

In my mind Nintendo does this to stretch out fads as long as possible. It also gives them free press in the media "SUPER MARIO 2 SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE!"

They make games to sell hardware, instead of MS/Sony who make hardware to sell games.

#67 7 years ago

You guys have me excited for the alternatives. I've been planning to do the wii mod option because I have one just laying around.

Like I said, this was for a friend who's birthday is tomorrow. She's a busy thirty-something mother of 2 who probably wouldn't be interested in the other available options. I definitely am though!

I just bought N64 last weekend. The only game I have is WWF No Mercy lol.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you can show me what game in my collection meets that criteria, please let me know ; otherwise, that's Pinside profiling, and I resent it .

Oh oh oh oh you have Alien on your wishlist. Join us NPO!!!

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I think its pretty cool and the filters are a nice touch
but I have all the games already and play my nes on a crt so its not really for me.
I'm working on beating battletoads right now. I can get through the turbo tunnel now but that game doesn't get any easier after that.
I love NES and think this mini great for kids and parents to play together. the marios are timeless.
and for the average person they aren't going to deal with emulators or collecting, they just want to play some of the games that they played as a kid.
but scalpers suck m'kay

I love Battletoads! I used to play it all the time back sound 1990 back in college and finally beat it. I actually have a Battletoads T-shirt I bought this year (nerd ! )

Adventure Island is great as well, and obviously the timeless Mario Bros line

#70 7 years ago

While the classic edition pixel perfect modes look cool. You can still get an original nes and a flash multicart. I got all these flash carts except the Atari one from AliExpress. Work great including saves.

I downloaded ROM packs from this website. The come all organized in directories including top 100 lists which are nice when finding something new to play.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?101715-MULTI-ROM-SET-EverDrive-Packs-Release-Thread

20161112_125300 (resized).jpg20161112_125300 (resized).jpg
20161112_125459 (resized).jpg20161112_125459 (resized).jpg

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You guys have me excited for the alternatives. I've been planning to do the wii mod option because I have one just laying around.
Like I said, this was for a friend who's birthday is tomorrow. She's a busy thirty-something mother of 2 who probably wouldn't be interested in the other available options. I definitely am though!

I still play No Mercy with friends, the 64 is such a great party console

#72 7 years ago

I bought it just because it's nostalgic and cool. It's neat, and it was only $60 (wife went to Walmart early in the morning and easily got one)

With that said, I have an NES and collect games for it here and there. It's not a substitute by any means but it's cool to just jam out to anything Nintendo.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Without a doubt Nintendo limits supply to create demand.
The Wii was a surprise hit, so its 1st Christmas rarity might make sense... But also being hard to find the 2nd Christmas? That's BS.
Amiibos - basically a Happy Meal toy with an RFID chip. Why is this hard to produce?
In my mind Nintendo does this to stretch out fads as long as possible. It also gives them free press in the media "SUPER MARIO 2 SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE!"
They make games to sell hardware, instead of MS/Sony who make hardware to sell games.

The artificial shortage is a bit of a myth these days. It's more an issue of shelf space and retailer confidence. Retailers and Nintendo severely underestimated Amiibo demand early on, especially for oddball characters. These days they properly stock at launch.

Month one sales do more for stock prices than saying "sold out." Nobody wants to sell anything less than the max these days.

#74 7 years ago

Supposedly they'll be doing the SNES next due to the overwhelming success of this one; hopefully they'll double the amount of games next time around too.

I bought it mainly to travel with since it doesn't take up much space in a suitcase.
$60 with an extra $10 real licensed controller is pretty fair for a bit of nostalgia.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh oh oh oh you have Alien on your wishlist. Join us NPO!!!

DAMNIT D: ...!!!!

*punches membership card and joins*

#76 7 years ago

I prefer to play my RGB modded top loader NES on my XM 29 plus. Everdrive N8 - Heaven right there.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nah, the Game Boy was artificially constrained, and that's going back to the '80s. But recent launches have been supply constrained by demand due to worldwide launch schedules. Launches used to be way more spaced out.
But yeah, Sega's 9/9/99 Dreamcast campaign was a new level of this concept.

The Game Boy wasn't constrained as much as it was a surprise. When Nintendo test marketed the NES in the US, it didn't do great and they pushed back the release for the rest of the country. They figured the Game Boy would also be a slow starter, but they still delivered over 1 million consoles to US shelves. They were completely surprised when that supply sold out a few weeks later.

#78 7 years ago

Now I get why 30 people were in front of Toy R Us yesterday at 7:15.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

I prefer to play my RGB modded top loader NES on my XM 29 plus. Everdrive N8 - Heaven right there.

RGB mods do look amazing.

besides my nes I've been slowly converting my systems to S-video.

I'm a jealous of the monitor it must look great

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Get the Everdrive 64 and you won't have to worry about game hunting! I also recommend the UltraHDMI mod if you plan on booking it up to a modern display. Looks awesome in 1080p!

#81 7 years ago

The system is Linux based. Open source too. You can view the Linux image.

It's just an a7 quad core with flash memory. There's a uart pins available and it has USB that a pc recognizes (power), soooo maybe a few hacks could get the OS relished with more games?

#82 7 years ago

is the micro usb for power only or could it be able to transfer data?

I read that NES classic is actually more powerful than a Wii specwise

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Well it's a pretty powerful soc.... little different architecture than the wii but it could be.

No one knows yet, the USB is the power source but it is recognized as something when connected to a pc.

I don't have one, couldn't find one around me, even going early :/ so I wait

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Well at least for resolution, Wii is only 480p. NES Classic is 720p. Even though these games were made for 240p, native 720p resolution looks awesome on 8-bit games!

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well at least for resolution, Wii is only 480p. NES Classic is 720p. Even though these games were made for 240p, native 720p resolution looks awesome on 8-bit games!

I think it's cool they did the scan line view but I'll be rocking HD when I get it

#86 7 years ago

Soda Poplinski just kicked my ass for over an hour. These games are so simple yet hard...?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think it's cool they did the scan line view but I'll be rocking HD when I get it

The scanline mode is still HD...it just has that "old" filter applied. Even though I have an AVS (which has Scanlines) ...I think the CRT mode on the NES Classic is super interesting, as it's not just scanlines..it's NTSC distortion as well. I use scanlines on my Framemeister & UltraHDMI when I play my old consoles in HD...in a weird way, they actually make the graphics look better with more depth. Your mind sort of fills in the blanks and everything seems "rounder". It's the same reason I prefer Dots vs. High Rez on ColorDMD.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Soda Poplinski just kicked my ass for over an hour. These games are so simple yet hard...?

LOL That's where I got stuck when I revisited Punch-Out recently. I could beat Mike Tyson as a kid...but as an adult...fucking Soda Popinski! GLARGH!!!

#89 7 years ago

Just checked Target today and nada. The guy said I was the 39th person to ask. He has been keeping track.

#90 7 years ago

I've been putting in time on Punch Out recently with my Playchoice and Bald Bull #2 has been dominating me. Damn start button is too hard to find in the heat of battle! Also when I was a kid I wasn't 6 beers deep.

#91 7 years ago

I want the mini Famicon Nintendo released for Japan only as well. Anyone know how to get one in the US? It has 30 games too, some the same, some different.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I want the mini Famicon Nintendo released for Japan only as well. Anyone know how to get one in the US? It has 30 games too, some the same, some different.

Play Asia has it

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

If you can get it, buy it from Amiami.com.

Here is the product page:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0017100&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dclassic+mini%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Playasia.com is the most expensive place to buy anything from Japan.

Amiami is awesome, they pack very well and shipping via EMS is reasonable.

#94 7 years ago
#95 7 years ago

All this fuss over Nintendo doing what they do best selling games to us sometimes 3 and 4 times and some people don't learn after the 1st time just wait and you know what they finally have enough in a store and you won't have to pay the inflated price. For those who can't wait waste you money. Wait til after Christmas they will still on ebay and craigslist but the price will have to drop because the fuss will die down. Meanwhile i'll just sit on pinside or just play nes on the surviving console i have and still use. I'll just save the 60$ towards the next flipper rebuild kit i will need once i by yet another pinball machine. I have yet to play retro reboot console the actually plays right they always have some issue.

Maybe i should get one and the extra controller and offer trade for big bang bar or cactus canyon. lol

#96 7 years ago

I bought one of these recently: http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=78

Works great and also plays Famicom games.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup - you can put every rom from every region ..plus Famicom Disk System games, fan translations of games that never came out over here, hacks, hombrews, prototypes ...and play them all on a real NES. Or, in my case, the RetroUSB AVS - an HDMI NES that came out a few months ago. It's a great way to play NES carts in HD with no lag (the reason some people do not like to use computer emulators...lag and inaccuracies).
Back to Everdrives - the great thing about them is they offer the convenience of emulators without being emulators. You can play them on original hardware. To the system, a rom is a rom is a rom. I ended up selling all my old carts and getting Everdrives for my consoles. Saves a ton of space and I made a nice chunk of change from cart collectors.

that's badass. Didn't know they had so many everdrives available. May go this route instead of trying to get my MAME arcade to run everything.

You able to save and everything like you can with games with batteries?

#98 7 years ago

Here is a picture from a few years back in my younger years, back then before it was feasible to start collecting arcade and pinball machines I collected consoles and games. Thankfully that was mostly before the ridiculous price increases.

I still own my entire collection including these guys which still sit on my (same) dresser.

myrobs (resized).pngmyrobs (resized).png

#99 7 years ago

Shops are full of those here and nobody is buying... If that is worth 500 let me know so I can get them all and send to you guys

#100 7 years ago

I don't think nintendo created a short supply to hype the market. If anything, they underestimated the market on what people would pay. They could have priced it $10-20 more and it would have still sold out.

I think the people buying it is more for the "it's cool to have". As they will get bored of it pretty quick

If ppl have the cash and they want it. Let them be. I would spend $300 on one now but I know there's lots of things that I buy that ppl think it's not worth the money

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.