DSC_4700 (resized).JPG
DSC_4699 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_080331 (resized).jpg
_20240411_210104 (resized).JPG
DSC_4645 (resized).JPG
DSC_4642 (resized).JPG
DSC_4626 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 62.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Now that the Holidays are over It probably won't be much longer till these are available everywhere if you have some patience.

Lol. Since I have a AVS and Everdrive, I don't need one of these things - but I would have totally bought one just cuz it's cute and I love Nintendo collectibles. They've made it so hard to casually buy something I don't need, I kind of don't care any more. When they decide to stock these like a normal company trying to make money, I'll get one...prob when they're on sale for $40

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol. Since I have a AVS and Everdrive, I don't need one of these things - but I would have totally bought one just cuz it's cute and I love Nintendo collectibles. They've made it so hard to casually buy something I don't need, I kind of don't care any more. When they decide to stock these like a normal company trying to make money, I'll get one...prob when they're on sale for $40

yeah my thoughts exactly, and an AVS is so much sweeter. I guess for the casual gamer who doesnt already own those titles for nes already in cartridge form its not a bad get.

Anyone else get the Retro USB 8 Bit X-Mas pinball game this year? Very cool. First time ive sprung for one of their 8 bit xmas carts, mainly cause its pinball related.

IMG_20161211_104537 (resized).jpgIMG_20161211_104537 (resized).jpg

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Man you guys are spot on with the coop games....Jackal for the NES was great for 2 player action. It had great pacing which kept both vehicles near one another to help out. Cookies n cream I had at one point too...perfect simple multiplayer gameplay.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I think silk wurm on nes was a good coop game. If I remember correctly one person is a helicopter and the other a jeep.
Bubble bobble on nes is a fantastic 2 player game, not sure if I'd call it coop but it's awesome. One of the few arcade games I regret selling.

great! thank you for the suggestions. Nintendoland on wiiu may work too. I'll have to try a few with her, she seems to not like "3d" world ones, but double dash was all good!

#454 7 years ago

i guess for people spending way too much on ebay for them thats a good deal lol. those books must not be selling too well to force people to buy em like that.

Or... The demand is still so high, they know they can force people to buy the book with the console because they will all still sell

Update: Yep, all bundles sold out on the first day. Smart guys

Man this totally reminds me of how long it took for the original Wii to not be scarce.

#455 7 years ago

I don't think Nintendo has launched a console that wasn't scarce since the SNES. At least I didn't have trouble locating one. The N64 is when it seemed like this trend kicked off.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any other "easy" coop games you can think of?

Bubble Bobble
Definitely makes it funner and easier with 2 players. And in the arcade version Bub (green dragon) only gets 4 or 5 lives max while Bob gets unlimited so you wanted to keep him alive for bonus diamond rooms and steal lives from.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I woke up one morning, turned on Seaman to check on him - and he said "I bet you're just sitting there in your underwear right now". Mofo was psychic. He also told me I had the same birthday as Timothy Leary and made an LSD joke at my expense

How did I miss this game? Sounds awesome.

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I don't think Nintendo has launched a console that wasn't scarce since the SNES. At least I didn't have trouble locating one. The N64 is when it seemed like this trend kicked off.

I found the N64 the opposite. It was stocked everywhere at launch it seemed and then started sprouting colors like skittles.
I still have friends who collect every color n64 console and controllers.

I remember PS1 being the first impossible to get at launch, $500 price tag system.

Also remember when the Wii launched? That was a crazy hard console to get at first.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Also remember when the Wii launched? That was a crazy hard console to get at first.

I waited overnight for a wii on launch day. The store had 20 consoles in stock. The manager came by the store at midnight while only a half dozen of us were there waiting, just to check it out. By 3am there were more then 20 people in line. 2 hrs before the store opened the employees came out and handed a ticket to the first 20 people in line and had our order ready when the doors opened. Any games or controllers you wanted were set aside. They told us to not worry. Once we had a ticket we could go home and come back later to get our order. When the store opened the line was hundreds of people long. The new comers at 6am didn't believe us when we told them they were sold out already. By 7am we had our machines within minutes and started home. The sad part was watching all those dads walking up to the store with their kids at opening and watching them turn around and leave empty handed.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The sad part was watching all those dads walking up to the store with their kids at opening and watching them turn around and leave empty handed.

You got it backwards, that's the best part of getting the item.

I remember waiting for that gold edition Zelda for the 64. Waited all freaking night at Target and was third in line; the first person tried to buy all of them...what a jerk, glad the store didn't let him and I got a copy.

#460 7 years ago

Received my Raspberry pi 3 yesterday along with the NES30 Pro controller. Messed around with it most of yesterday. Here's my initial take:

- Retropie is awesome... as long as you're willing to tweak a plethora of settings. Not plug/play, but nothing cosmic.
- I ran into pretty much every problem possible (no sound, screen resolution, bluetooth wonkiness, configuration issues), but nothing that couldn't be solved
- NES30 Pro controller is already on eBay... it looks great, but was too small and I didn't care for the trigger placement; I replaced it with a Wii U Pro controller based on some recommendations and so far it's awesome-o

If you're willing to work with some minor lines of code to remedy a few issues, then Retropie is an awesome, cost effective little system. Kudos to the developers.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Received my Raspberry pi 3 yesterday along with the NES30 Pro controller. Messed around with it most of yesterday. Here's my initial take:
- Retropie is awesome... as long as you're willing to tweak a plethora of settings. Not plug/play, but nothing cosmic.
- I ran into pretty much every problem possible (no sound, screen resolution, bluetooth wonkiness, configuration issues), but nothing that couldn't be solved
- NES30 Pro controller is already on eBay... it looks great, but was too small and I didn't care for the trigger placement; I replaced it with a Wii U Pro controller based on some recommendations and so far it's awesome-o
If you're willing to work with some minor lines of code to remedy a few issues, then Retropie is an awesome, cost effective little system. Kudos to the developers.

Can a rpi3 play psx and n64 at full speed?

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How did I miss this game? Sounds awesome.

Seaman is just weird as fuck. It's a a weird virtual pet that you can talk to. The game comes with a microphone that plugs into the Dreamcast. Each time you turn on the game, there's narration from Leonard Nimoy about the day's events.

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

NES30 Pro controller is already on eBay... it looks great, but was too small and I didn't care for the trigger placement

Well, crap. I just ordered one today. I figure it will be good for my son's 5 yr old hands. I'll probably end up with a Wii U Pro as well. No issues setting it up? The Wii Classic was a royal pain.

Quoted from Erik:

I've only tried a few games on each, but PSX worked great. N64 has slowdown on both games I tried, but it's playable, especially when using RiceVideo. My son will be happy with it, but I'll play the real thing if I need a fix.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I haven't tried those. Word on the streets is that Goldeneye and Mario run pretty well. PSX seems to be hit or miss.

Quoted from herg:Well, crap. I just ordered one today. I figure it will be good for my son's 5 yr old hands. I'll probably end up with a Wii U Pro as well. No issues setting it up? The Wii Classic was a royal pain.

I've only tried a few games on each, but PSX worked great. N64 has slowdown on both games I tried, but it's playable, especially when using RiceVideo. My son will be happy with it, but I'll play the real thing if I need a fix.

Easy peasy. I did massive Youtubing to determine the best controller. I tried my PS4 controller, but the damn thing kept turning on my PS4. Go figure.

So far, the Wii U Pro is solid, heavy, and works great.

#465 7 years ago

today I found a master system that got misplaced at my shop. dirty as hell but should clean up nice

nice set of games with it, pumped to play some rtype

it also had a Powerglove & Sega arcade stick in the box which is a cool bonus.

I was suppose to start the kitchen back splash since the tile came in yesterday and I got the new countertops installed.

but wife said I could start sunday so I'm cleaning and playing master system tonight

also getting a neo geo mvs next week or so I felt my pins needed an arcade buddy, plus the wife loves puzzle bubble

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

you may have to overclock the CPU a bit

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Here's a helpful video on increasing N64 resolution without sacrificing performance. It's next on my list.

#468 7 years ago

If anyone is curious about building their own Retro Console, I've actually started a forum because a project from someone else went dead in the water. The fans of that project are now trying to build their own versions.

The forum is new, so not a whole lot of info yet. Hoping to have some members start sharing their process and builds.

http://consolebuilders.com/forum

#469 7 years ago

More of a collector than a player, but present and accounted for

Here's an old pic of me with Paul Faris' original painting for the Panic Restaurant (NES) box.

PR (resized).jpgPR (resized).jpg

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here's a helpful video on increasing N64 resolution without sacrificing performance. It's next on my list.

Very helpful. Thanks!

#471 7 years ago

Lets get some gaming discussion going:

What are everyone's top 10 SNES games? What are some games you would suggest to people to play on SNES that aren't necessarily regarded as top tier games or just a lesser known titles that are fun?

My list would look like this:
1: The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past
2: Chrono Trigger
3: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
4: Mega Man X
5: Donkey Kong Country
6: Super Mario Kart
7: Super Mario World
8: Super Metroid
9: Gradius III
10: ActRaiser

Recommended games that probably arent on peoples top 10 list:

Multiplayer games:
Biker Mice From Mars (like Mario Kart)
Super Bomberman 2
Top Gear 3000
Tetris Attack

Single Player:
Secret of the Stars
Out of this World

#472 7 years ago

Dracula X. Probably the best Castlevania game IMO.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dracula X. Probably the best Castlevania game IMO.

The PCE-CD version, possibly. The SNES version is pretty crummy. I think the best is PSX Symphony of the Night. Dracula X on the PCE-CD is damn good as well.

#474 7 years ago

SotN is the best castlevania imo

#475 7 years ago

That's a solid list. I might swap in Secret of Mana and Yoshi's Island. Perhaps in place of Actraiser and Gradius III. I also like most of the arcade port beat'en ups and Street Fighter II.

#476 7 years ago

Any SNES list IMO needs these as well:

Super Castlevania 4(still my fav castlevania)
Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Oh, and I was able to get an NES Classic for my kids off Best Buy website a couple days ago(pays to follow Cheapassgamer on twitter I guess?). Interested to see how it is. Still gonna pick up a RetroUsb AVS though..

#477 7 years ago

super ghouls n ghosts is awesome for sure

#478 7 years ago

What are some games you would suggest to people to play on SNES that aren't necessarily regarded as top tier games or just a lesser known titles that are fun?

Robotrek
Secret of Evermore

Two of the more obscure Squeenix RPGs... Robotrek you could almost say is a kid's game, but I like it. Secret of Evermore has a bonkers Alchemy system.

#479 7 years ago

Best ever.

Yoshis island is easily my fav game on the SNES. Had a blast with NBA jam and the 4 player controller peripheral with buddies....CE version of course.

#480 7 years ago

Yoshis island is easily my fav game on the SNES. Had a blast with NBA jam and the 4 player controller peripheral with buddies....CE version of course.

I always liked Actraiser on the SNES. Great combo of side scroller and villiage builder. It was really ahead of its time in many ways (and was an early release on the system to boot).

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the best is PSX Symphony of the Night.

I agree. 200%

Yoshis island is easily my fav game on the SNES.

For me, it's a close contest between YI and Zelda LTTP. I don't know of a lot of YI fans, but I can't even guess how many times I've played through it. Getting to the end of a level without 100 pts makes me twitch.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I agree. 200%

For me, it's a close contest between YI and Zelda LTTP. I don't know of a lot of YI fans, but I can't even guess how many times I've played through it. Getting to the end of a level without 100 pts makes me twitch.

Damn LTTP....I poured over that game as well. That was an engrossing Zelda game from start to finish.
Yeah 100 pts and every red coin....I'd repeat every stage until I had a PERFECT!

#483 7 years ago

I always hear that, and I've tried, but I can't get into it. It's too open world for me, I guess. I prefer Rondo of Blood or Super Castlevania IV.

#484 7 years ago

All,

The NES Classic edition just got more desirable. It's now been hacked to add more ROM's.

Less than two months after its worldwide debut, the NES Classic Edition has been hacked to add support for many Nintendo Entertainment System games that aren’t featured in the plug-and-play console’s default lineup.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/modders-report-successful-hack-nes-222958693.html

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I always liked Actraiser on the SNES. Great combo of side scroller and villiage builder. It was really ahead of its time in many ways (and was an early release on the system to boot).

And Actraiser 2 is terrible.

Music is outstanding on that game also.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I don't know of a lot of YI fans

Uh...have you seen my tattoos? LOL

#487 7 years ago

I'd love a Classic NES when it becomes available, but it's so easy to install the homebrew channel and NES/SNES/SMS/Genesis emulators on the Wii, not missing anything there.

Loved Dragon Warrior as a kid but never beat it. Went back and beat DW1&2 and am currently working on 3. Dragon Warrior 3 is a pretty sweet advancement in the JRPG formula.

#488 7 years ago

Still my GameStop does not have these. Totally unobtanium

#489 7 years ago

I hope that by the time Nintendo gets done dorking around and makes these available most people have lost interest.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And Actraiser 2 is terrible.
Music is outstanding on that game also.

Yea, they totally destroyed that being a franchise quick. I never looked but I'm guessing the design team was totally changed out for the second game.

#491 7 years ago

Lets get some gaming discussion going:
What are everyone's top 10 SNES games? What are some games you would suggest to people to play on SNES that aren't necessarily regarded as top tier games or just a lesser known titles that are fun?
My list would look like this:
1: The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past
2: Chrono Trigger
3: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
4: Mega Man X
5: Donkey Kong Country
6: Super Mario Kart
7: Super Mario World
8: Super Metroid
9: Gradius III
10: ActRaiser
Recommended games that probably arent on peoples top 10 list:
Multiplayer games:
Biker Mice From Mars (like Mario Kart)
Super Bomberman 2
Top Gear 3000
Tetris Attack
Single Player:
Secret of the Stars
Out of this World

no super castlevania? That game was awesome.

#492 7 years ago

Finally got my NES Everdrive!

Pretty cool device, menu is kind of wank though.

#493 7 years ago

I finally received my Super Everdrive and I'm very much looking forward to playing the Dragon Quest translations.

I was torn between the Super and SD2SNES. In the end, I decided the ability to play Star Ocean and Megaman X2 & 3 wasn't worth the premium. I know it has a lot of other features as well, but I don't plan to use things like save states and such. I just want to play the games like they were the real carts. With exception of the translations, of course.

#494 7 years ago

Wii U Pro controller still doing great with Retropie. Connects without issue, feels great, and it's very responsive. Spendy, but worth it.

#495 7 years ago

My fav SNES games in no order:

1. Yoshi's Island
2. Starfox
3. Legend of the Mystical Ninja
4. Goemon 2 (Mystical Ninja 2, Japan only)
5. TMNT 4: Turtles In Time
6. Super Mario World
7. Super Metroid
8. Super Mario Kart
9. Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past
10. Plok (massively underrated platformer - best music ever )

Ok I can't just pick 10 lol

11. Super Castlevania IV
12. Contra III: The Alien Wars
13. F-Zero
14. Castlevania Dracula X
15. Megaman X

Gaddamn Konami was just killing it on the SNES.

Ok I'll stop at 15 but I'll prob come back and edit/add more lol.

#496 7 years ago

I've started SOTN a couple of times but never finished it. It's really good but I played the portables first.

I bought the original GBA that first Christmas and played Circle of the Moon on that unlit screen. It was awesome. Loved playing the other two GBA Castlevanias and then bought Dawn of Sorrow day one for the bulky DS.

DoS is my favorite despite the sigils you must draw to finish off each boss. The soul collecting system was reminiscent of pokemon where it was very addictive to try to collect them all.

#497 7 years ago

I'll join the SNES fun. My top 10, in order (after more thought I moved Actraiser down):

1) Final Fantasy II
2) Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past
3) Mortal Kombat II
4) Actraiser
6) Donkey Kong Country
7) Romance of the Three Kingdoms II (I think it was II anyway)
8) Mario Kart
9) Mortal Kombat
10) NBA Jam

Honorable Mention: Secret of Mana and some soccer game I can't remember the name of.

#498 7 years ago

Do they, Nintendo, intend on making these NES Classic editions more available or not?

#499 7 years ago

There will be plenty at some point

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Finally got my NES Everdrive!
Pretty cool device, menu is kind of wank though.

Atari 8-bit font FTW

There are 3,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nes-classic-edition-unobtainium/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.