Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,358 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240412_140438551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240412_140420862 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240412_140408277 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4415 (resized).jpeg
    C40C8E5A-CA44-469E-8765-6C4C83E83BAC (resized).jpeg
    ECC38F17-CE38-4280-A063-71B502024B05 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9345 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9330 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0782 (resized).jpeg
    20240322_064808 (resized).jpg
    20240323_145049 (resized).jpg
    20240313_005123 (resized).jpg
    20240313_005224 (resized).jpg
    78512 (resized).jpeg
    20240223_212902 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#440 6 years ago

Our family is from the northern Ohio/southern Michigan area. My wife grew up in downtown Detroit - we are looking for any Detroit-related neon signs for the hangout room. Already have a Red wings sign.. looking for Detroit or Washington Capitals signs for a reasonable amount

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Does the Capitals sign shine bright all year long and then go out once a year like the Caps (sorry couldn't resist)!
    Best thing to do it look at Craigslist for the DC/Maryland and Detroit area! What a lot of people may not realize is that when neon signs are made for sports teams (speaking of beer related ones) the local Wholesalers actually have the signs made for the area so that's why the sports neons are harder to get!

Haha when I find one that's exactly what I expect it to do; we call it "choke" mode

I will keep on checkin'... I'd like a couple other signs but don't really want to do beer signs, which have proven pretty easy to find

7 months later
    #536 6 years ago

LLLLLLLLLLLL O L

3 weeks later
    #544 6 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Anyone ever buy anything from these guys?
    https://www.neonsignsinus.com/

If it's not clear from the website, they are a Chinese company. Not sure what to expect quality-wise. But despite the name, they are not in the US.

3 weeks later
    #549 5 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

I ordered from a place that I thought was in the US but it's actually in China. The name is very similar to the name a few posts above but it's a different site.
    It's here:
    Anyway I ordered a Bally logo sign from them about a month ago. The sign took about 3 weeks to arrive. Box was smashed. Sign was broken in about 5 different places. Package was not double boxed so I knew the sign would be broken before I even opened it. There are sending a replacement. Definitely language barrier issue trying to explain that the sign was broken. They wanted me to try turning it on anyway which I reluctantly did. Sign is completely dead. Sign looks to be well made but since I can't light it who knows. I'll see when I get the replacement. I asked them to double box it but I doubt they will. Buyer beware if ordering these from overseas. If they are well packed you should be fine. Single box, forget it.

That box looks very familiar - I ordered a Red wings NHL sign from that place or a similar one - was packed extremely well, and worked perfectly out of the box. Hopefully this is just a fluke.

5 months later
    #576 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Checking out my newest neon before unpacking it. I will have to wait until after Expo to hang it up.
    [quoted image]

Care to share where you got that sign? That is awesome

#578 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I got the larger one on EBay 24x20. I bought it when they had the site-wide 15% off one item and it cost about $176. It says it is located in CA, but took 2 weeks just to leave their facility. They argue people with bad reviews that say it took too long to ship and blame it on USPS, but eventually it arrived. You can find the smaller ones by searching just "Jersey pinball neon". Those smaller ones shipping from China show that they are 10% off right now.
    ebay.com link » New Jersey Pinball Game Room Beer Neon Light Sign 24 X20
    There is also a website that has them, but you have to special order the correct colors for the lettering ("Pinball" should be white). They will change the color for no extra charge, but it does cost more for the same size. They are all probably made in China.
    https://www.neonsigninusa.com/products/custom_jersey_jack_pinball_neon_sign__21843?variant=40324875597

Thanks! I am totally getting this. I like these a lot better than the beer and liquor signs that you see more frequently

8 months later
    #656 4 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Neons will last longer when left on. The initial arc shortens the life of the ballast and internal tube anode, so they're really designed to be run permanently. Since the current draw is minimal, it's a safe bet to run them all the time, and inexpensive electricity-wise.
    The high wall outlets were designed with this in mind.

Is that true? That is craziness!

#658 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

It's true!
    Not only that, by having the signs on more it doesn't allow for the gas inside the tubes to settle. If anyone has ever seen where you turn on a neon and it lights up portions of the tube?? This is typically due to the gas settling. As I explained early on in this thread somewhere, if you ever get this do what is called a mercury roll. Turn your neon sign on, hold it up to the sky so it's facing the ground, look for a small, what looks like, black BB and twist the sign so that BB works it way through the tube(s). You will see the tube get brighter as you do this. You may have to move the BB from one end of tube to the other a few times for it to light up completely.
    A lot of people think the tube is bad when it's just the gas settling. BTW - The black BB is the mercury inside the tube.

Yep I know exactly what you mean. Damn that is so counter intuitive!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/neon-signs-show-us-your-glow?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.