5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 724 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Pugsley
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 645 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15707165204365485829233263821483 (resized).jpg
    15707164866114480947257814473674 (resized).jpg
    20191010_095105 (resized).jpg
    20191010_094737 (resized).jpg
    20191010_095409 (resized).jpg
    20191010_095151 (resized).jpg
    20191010_095522 (resized).jpg
    20191010_095511 (resized).jpg
    20191010_094820 (resized).jpg
    20191010_095022 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8574 (resized).jpg
    F6CB5247-DD1E-4FF8-A688-42C834345BCB (resized).jpeg
    Pano4000.jpg
    ClaytorArcadeRyan2000.jpg
    woodrail01_2000px.jpg
    claytorArcade_2000px.jpg

There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
    #301 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

You get what you pay for. Old school all the way.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek MI.
    269-979-3836

Looks sweet John, and I agree, Old School is better...

#302 2 years ago

Showing my glow....

20161022_010234 (resized).jpg

20161022_010245 (resized).jpg

20161022_010251 (resized).jpg

20161022_010256 (resized).jpg

20161022_010305 (resized).jpg

20161022_010308 (resized).jpg

#303 2 years ago

IMG_20161016_194041688 (resized).jpg

#304 2 years ago

Just the one.

20160911_105147 (resized).jpg

#305 2 years ago

If anyone has any interest in buying neon signs I posted a few dozen up on Craigslist.
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
    If you're interested shoot me an email with the sign you're interested in and we can work something out price-wise!

Unfortunately I can't ship!

As always, any sign I sell to Pinsiders I will make a donation to Pinside!!

#306 2 years ago

Pictures of a few signs I have up for sale on CL pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

IMG_6867[2] (resized).JPG

IMG_6738[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_6818[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_6869[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_6386[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_6408[1] (resized).JPG

#307 2 years ago

Those flying dog signs a friggin awesome

#308 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Those flying dog signs a friggin awesome

I really like the first one but at 36x29.....I just dont have the space for it!!

#309 2 years ago

My wife just bought this old Glo-Dial neon clock. It's from the Supper Club where she bartended, sadly they just closed the doors.

LakeHouseClock (resized).jpg

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

My wife just bought this old Glo-Dial neon clock. It's from the Supper Club where she bartended, sadly they just closed the doors.

That is awesome! Would love to get a clock like that!!! Anyone have a clock like this and is wanting any of the neon signs I have up for sale I am open for trades: pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #311 2 years ago

The Glo-Dial clock is beautiful. Curtis Clocks may be a good place to look for something similiar. I purchased one from him and enjoy it.

http://www.curtisclock.com

1 week later
    #312 2 years ago

This is the neon I picked up a few years back.

back to the arcade neon sign turned on (resized).JPG

I put more details up on my website:

http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/18/back-to-the-arcade-neon-sign/

1 week later
    #313 2 years ago

Have several neon signs listed on CL if anyone has an interest!!! pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

IMG_6959[1] (resized).JPG

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Have several neon signs listed on CL if anyone has an interest!!! pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Wish I was closer, as it looks like you won't ship them. I like this Bud Light one.

#315 2 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

Wish I was closer, as it looks like you won't ship them. I like this Bud Light one.

I use to ship them but too many issues with freight companies (UPS, FedEx and USPS) breaking them! It's so bad now that the local UPS Stores have advised me that they (direct quote) "will no longer ship neon signs due to UPS' inability to deliver them intact"! I then used another place and after 5 of 7 signs were broken they advised they would no longer ship!

A lot of people don't realize that in order for a neon sign to be shipped carriers require a minimum of 3" of protection on all 6 sides of the neon. So basically I would need to purchase a box to put the sign in, foam to protect all 6 sides (not cheap) and then another box to place it all in too. It gets to the point it cost more to package then ship!

With that said, I prefer not ship but if someone has a way to ship and wants to do it I will work with them. I just dont want to do it myself!

#316 2 years ago

I have been using the Chinese supplier. They ship in 10 days, prices are great, and it's packaged in bomb-proof styrofoam, packed internally with bits of foam as well. I have had several sent, and one of them even wound up on a cargo belt in the SF airport for several days until someone figured out how to get it to me.

They ship via USPS and still the packages end up in my door undamaged.

#317 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I have been using the Chinese supplier. They ship in 10 days, prices are great, and it's packaged in bomb-proof styrofoam, packed internally with bits of foam as well. I have had several sent, and one of them even wound up on a cargo belt in the SF airport for several days until someone figured out how to get it to me.
    They ship via USPS and still the packages end up in my door undamaged.

Can you post or PM their info? Thanks!

#318 2 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

I am gonna guess it is 'wangneon' on eBay, as his description matches how my flynns sign arrived.

#319 2 years ago

Here is something that I had made up a few years ago, it is animated but I can not upload a movie file here......but I think you get the idea of it...

IMG_8313 (resized).JPG

IMG_8318 (resized).JPG

IMG_8317 (resized).JPG

#320 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

Here is something that I had made up a few years ago, it is animated but I can not upload a movie file here......but I think you get the idea of it...

Very cool and personalized. Where did you get that?

#321 2 years ago

I wanted a couple of Plymouth Roadrunner, (1970 Superbird) neons made up for me, and found this place in China..(Like this one attached, example, but this is not mine)..and I asked if they could do something custom too, and they came up with this for me...If anyone is interested, I can try to find out who this was from my records?

120116 (resized).jpg

#322 2 years ago

Not sure I had posted this here before, but here's a f'n cool video about a neon sign maker

#323 2 years ago

Very cool, thanks for sharing...Just amazing what it really takes to make these neon masterpieces.

#324 2 years ago

Here are a few in my garage game room. The rest of mine are boxed up until last the basement is finished. Just a word of warning to you guys buying the Chinese neon, they are fire hazards. Do not leave them running when you are not in the room. The transformer are not UL listed and are garbage. Be safe

20161203_190123 (resized).jpg

20161203_190118 (resized).jpg

20161203_190110 (resized).jpg

#325 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

I wanted a couple of Plymouth Roadrunner, (1970 Superbird) neons made up for me, and found this place in China..(Like this one attached, example, but this is not mine)..and I asked if they could do something custom too, and they came up with this for me...If anyone is interested, I can try to find out who this was from my records?

Funny I have that road runner neon hanging in my pin rm. If you could let me know who made yours that would be great. Thanks

#326 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

Please, cause I would LOVE a superbee one.

#327 2 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

http://www.customized-neon-sign.com/

Highly recommend this supplier. I have purchased several signs from them.

#328 2 years ago

Hey guys.

I'm looking for a mich golden light neon for a friend as an xmas present. Anyone have one for sale or know where to buy one?

http://www.customized-neon-sign.com/ has a ton of awesome signs but no mich golden!

#329 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Hey guys.
    I'm looking for a mich golden light neon for a friend as an xmas present. Anyone have one for sale or know where to buy one?
    http://www.customized-neon-sign.com/ has a ton of awesome signs but no mich golden!

That site also allows you to make a custom sign if you go to their custom page: http://www.customized-neon-sign.com/pages/customized-neon-sign

I personally never dealt with this company so I can't speak to the quality of the signs they make but it's an option!

#330 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

That site also allows you to make a custom sign if you go to their custom page: http://www.customized-neon-sign.com/pages/customized-neon-sign
    I personally never dealt with this company so I can't speak to the quality of the signs they make but it's an option!

I contacted them last night, and this morning they confirmed they can make it, but only in a large size. Anyone use them? Otherwise I'll keep an eye out for a local used one.

#331 2 years ago

I have used them for several signs, mostly 17 x 14 but a few in the larger size. They use multiple transformers which are very compact. I have managed to burn out two so far, and I ordered a few extras because these signs are all on 24/7. Quality is very good, they use the smaller diameter tubing, and colors are vibrant. Price is definitely right.

So far I'm completely happy with their product. Shipping from China, they're packed very well, in a specially formed styrofoam box, and have yet to have a broken part.

I did break one tube section taking it out of the box, contacted them, and within three weeks, had a replacement part identical to the original.

I also had a single text section of one of my signs go out, they sent an entire replacement sign under warranty, and it turned out I had a bad transformer....replaced that and wound up with two signs.

Quality is decent, price is good, customer service is excellent, and figure about three weeks to receive the sign. That's quick.

#332 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I have used them for several signs, mostly 17 x 14 but a few in the larger size. They use multiple transformers which are very compact. I have managed to burn out two so far, and I ordered a few extras because these signs are all on 24/7. Quality is very good, they use the smaller diameter tubing, and colors are vibrant. Price is definitely right.
    So far I'm completely happy with their product. Shipping from China, they're packed very well, in a specially formed styrofoam box, and have yet to have a broken part.
    I did break one tube section taking it out of the box, contacted them, and within three weeks, had a replacement part identical to the original.
    I also had a single text section of one of my signs go out, they sent an entire replacement sign under warranty, and it turned out I had a bad transformer....replaced that and wound up with two signs.
    Quality is decent, price is good, customer service is excellent, and figure about three weeks to receive the sign. That's quick.

Thank you. Glad to hear they keep that warranty! I'll order this mich golden and then look into designing one for the company and my arcade

Anyone know what a USA made neon runs? I assume 2-3x more

#334 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

There are a few Mich Golden on ebay for sale! I am a proponent of the commercial neon signs as opposed to the ones you can get from places like neon-signs.com. Better quality power supplies, standard size tubes and UL tested.

#335 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

When it comes to neon's you get what you pay for.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#336 2 years ago

Added that "PURPLE DRANK" a few months back

Sip on the syrup lol

Put that leeeeean in my sprite

20161205_154542 (resized).jpg

20161205_154603 (resized).jpg

#337 2 years ago

You sippin' some now?

#338 2 years ago

To all that have asked me about where I got my personalized "Mick's Pinball" animated neon sign and/or my Roadrunner Superbird neons, for some reason, I cannot find for now, where I ordered them from, as it was about 7 years ago.

I believe that I contacted a neon seller (China) from an eBay ad...and suggested to them what I wanted regarding a special pinball sign, and they took it from there...and they worked with me quite well with my initial design and animated suggestion...

BTW, I ordered two Roadrunner signs from them at that time, and had to have them send to me twice, a replacement segment due to shipping "problems", so I really do suggest a local or USA supplier because of the fragile nature of these..but you need to check pricing, design, and guarantees too.

Funny, in thinking a bit more about this, I really don't think my "guy" in China is happy with me now anyway..because of the breakage.

#339 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

There are a few Mich Golden on ebay for sale! I am a proponent of the commercial neon signs as opposed to the ones you can get from places like neon-signs.com. Better quality power supplies, standard size tubes and UL tested.

I would much rather have commercial, but this is a gift for a friend and in his basement I bet it gets 20 hours of use a year, maybe.

There was one on eBay but the seller had never sold before.

#340 2 years ago

The question is ... who is a good US manufacturer for neon at a reasonable price? All I see on EBay is China and Hong Kong. The video link earlier on this page in the thread shows an American neon company, but I can't find any info or website for them even in the YouTube description.

#341 2 years ago

Why have I never found this thread? I've bought and sold dozens of neons over the years. Mostly beer stuff. Here's a few of my current ones.
    You guys have some awesome signs btw

large_8595 (resized).jpeg

large_IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg

20160908_004444 (resized).jpg

20161206_074258 (resized).jpg

20160806_234722 (resized).jpg

#342 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

The video link earlier on this page in the thread shows an American neon company, but I can't find any info or website for them even in the YouTube description.

It states "Neon Company IN US" but like a lot of things the work is not done in the US! Watch the video again and notice the work stations don't have US outlets in them! Although it appears the workers are American the facility doesn't appear to be in the US!

Quoted from KingBW:

The question is ... who is a good US manufacturer for neon at a reasonable price?

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that a lot of the companies in the US (Everbrite, EnHance, Antigo, NeonTech to name a few) have offices in the US but the neon signs are made in China. If I am correct, I believe Everbrite still has Union Sign makers in the US! The drawback to these companies is that they're manufacturers so they wont make one off signs!

If you're looking for a one off sign then it's probably best to find a local neon maker but this is where people typically go to the cheaper Chinese ones as your local neon person isn't going to come close in price to what the Chinese can do it for!

The big differences between the cheap neon signs and the ones made by the "manufacturers" is the ones made by manufacturers use standard size neon tubing, cheaper ones are smaller diameter. Also, the manufactured ones have UL approved power supplies and the signs meet US regulations......the cheaper ones don't!

#343 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

It states "Neon Company IN US" but like a lot of things the work is not done in the US! Watch the video again and notice the work stations don't have US outlets in them! Although it appears the workers are American the facility doesn't appear to be in the US!

I found them ... Brimley Salt Lake City, Utah. No prices to see how expensive they are though.
    http://www.antiqueneon.com/gallery.php

If we could get a list of the companies that use the UL rated power supplies, correct regular size neon tubing, etc. that would be great. Anyone "in the know" on this industry that can give us this list?

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

The question is ... who is a good US manufacturer for neon at a reasonable price?

If possible, your best bet is to go with a local place that's been doing it for years. We have a few places like that in Chicago. One example would be Neon Shop Fishtail ...

http://www.neonshopfishtail.com/

They make quality stuff, and they'll custom do anything you want. Obviously, their signs cost more than the cheap Chinese stuff, but as others have already pointed out, you get what you pay for.

#345 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

The question is ... who is a good US manufacturer for neon at a reasonable price? All I see on EBay is China and Hong Kong. The video link earlier on this page in the thread shows an American neon company, but I can't find any info or website for them even in the YouTube description.

Shoot me a email. I have one or two neon guys that are in Michigan but I don't want to post there info here. I'm not sure about cheap either....its a lost art so be prepared to pay up for it.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#346 2 years ago

Have few in the game room would like to find a few more to add to it. As you can tell also not the greatest neon photographer.

IMG_0032 (resized).JPG

IMG_0090 (resized).JPG

IMG_0113 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #347 2 years ago

Pretty sure this side of the game room is set. Gonna have to be a really cool/unique/rare neon to bump one of these off the wall.

IMG_5630 (resized).JPG

#348 2 years ago

I've always been a cord hider, in finished spaces. I use those peel and stick channels, paint them up and good to go. Having a bunch of signs and/or moving them around a lot would be a pain though, I'm sure.

#349 2 years ago

My Miller Park/Milwaukee Brewers neon.

neon (resized).jpg

#350 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pretty sure this side of the game room is set. Gonna have to be a really cool/unique/rare neon to bump one of these off the wall.

LOVE that Shiner one!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 28.95
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 12.95
    $ 115.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    There are 724 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside