Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,348 posts
  • 289 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Phillips88
  • Topic is favorited by 133 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

14145AD5-C39A-48FF-A540-181A9E7AA0E6 (resized).jpeg
    230F0958-6F1E-4086-A53F-4F6B8C1789B2 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20211010_111254_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211010_111319_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211010_111340_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211010_111351_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211010_111443_HDR (resized).jpg
    20211005_102239 (resized).jpg
    20210826_104948 (resized).jpg
    20210926_113520 (resized).jpg
    9CB08804-AFC5-4644-BC4B-0EB96A7089F3 (resized).jpeg
    88F769D8-D34F-4ECF-9527-ABBD0563B78B (resized).jpeg
    A1C25C61-6BE8-4AED-A3E1-E1D1961E4929.jpeg
    914DBEBB-A861-440A-B370-2F07A245E332.jpeg
    1DD5F9A7-059B-4B8D-8AFB-40C72AFE0A2F.jpeg
    08E5279B-C009-4828-9CEA-FD2AF5449082.jpeg

There are 1348 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.
    #1251 4 months ago

Yeah, I love lighted motion signs. I also have a Miller bouncing ball and a Hamms scene-o-rama, both in great condition.

#1252 4 months ago

Now Aahgo is just boasting!

Actually have seen his lights, they are very nice.

#1253 4 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Send an email to [email protected] and tell them you need part #001715 (FC005587).
    Antigo Zeon is located North of you in Antigo, WI. They will probably ship it to you unless you want to make the drive.
    [quoted image]

Where did you get that drawing/“schematic” to find the part number on the broken golf neon? Does it have all the part numbers?

#1254 4 months ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

here is some real stuff
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Hey zpinman370 ,

Great set-up and selection of neons there. Love it. Hey, is there any chance you could take a single shot of that "Molson Canadian" sign? Looks almost like the lettering on "Canadian" are rainbow? Maybe just alternating colors? Regardless, if you have a moment, I'd love to see a photo of that sign in particular.

All the best,
    Ryan

#1255 4 months ago

I was able to find/buy a sacrificial light that had the same border tube and swap it into this - working all the way now!

TAUS0302[1] (resized).JPG
    #1256 4 months ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

I was able to find/buy a sacrificial light that had the same border tube and swap it into this - working all the way now!
    [quoted image]

Looks GREAT!

Just a side note for everyone else following this .... Antigo Neon no linger will sell to the public so unfortunately if yo need a replacement from them you'll need to go to a local neon place.

#1257 4 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Picked up two Mopar/Dodge signs this weekend with LEDs, look surprising good to my surprise.

I had a Sam Adams that was LED and in a dark room it looked just like neon. It was surprisingly bright compared to most LED I've seen. Sold it for roughly the same price as a neon too.

#1258 4 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Looks GREAT!
    Just a side note for everyone else following this .... Antigo Neon no linger will sell to the public so unfortunately if yo need a replacement from them you'll need to go to a local neon place.

My new COmpaNy; "MrBally's Neon". Or better still, Duke's Neon, with my address. However, that COmpaNy might be on "Credit Hold".....

#1259 4 months ago

Luvin all this glow!

#1260 4 months ago

I love real neon, very impressed with some of these custom projects especially. But the vintage collecting appeal makes total sense too.

I just finished a sign project that’s cheating by the thread’s standards, it’s LED driven, but I thought I’d share because there is one big upside to this tech. Aside from cost of course. It’s something anyone with a little creativity and know how can do at home. Unlike some of this amazing glass work. I used a 3D printer to create my guides, but it could be done just by hand too.

I have to say, this LED side firing into silicone stuff is really nice. It’s not the same as the real thing, but it is remarkably convincing still. Anyways, here’s my faux neon, but in the spirit of the thread.

2748A861-0C07-43FD-9A35-BF534DCA0BFD (resized).jpeg
    4948AD16-7DE0-4505-BA1F-9C8731F215BC (resized).jpeg
    CBCF6589-0ED4-44A9-8315-A6555525D94D (resized).jpeg
    EFE16BEA-579B-4A9C-A618-52BA04E65265 (resized).jpeg

#1261 4 months ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I love real neon, very impressed with some of these custom projects especially. But the vintage collecting appeal makes total sense too.
    I just finished a sign project that’s cheating by the thread’s standards, it’s LED driven, but I thought I’d share because there is one big upside to this tech. Aside from cost of course. It’s something anyone with a little creativity and know how can do at home. Unlike some of this amazing glass work. I used a 3D printer to create my guides, but it could be done just by hand too.
    I have to say, this LED side firing into silicone stuff is really nice. It’s not the same as the real thing, but it is remarkably convincing still. Anyways, here’s my faux neon, but in the spirit of the thread.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

If I don't have to treat it like Fine China, I'd say looks good enough to me!

#1262 4 months ago

I'd love to learn more about how to build these LED signs. If you know of any great resources for that, please add them here. Thanks.

#1263 4 months ago

To get us back to real neon discussion here is my blinking High Life Sign.

DA2A9009-2B27-427F-93E2-6FD5470ED1EF.gif

#1264 4 months ago
    Quoted from jrh7:

I'd love to learn more about how to build these LED signs. If you know of any great resources for that, please add them here. Thanks.

I didn't follow a guide, but if you search for "LED neon flex" you'll find all kinds of products and resources. At the end of the day it's just an LED strip embedded in a flexible silicone strip. There are all kinds of ways to do it, but I personally designed my lettering and shapes as vector files, exported them into a format I could extrude into 3D, and printed them. Then mounted them on plywood I cut with a jigsaw. All the wiring to link things is routed through holes in the ply and across the back.

Here's what it all looked like before I started cutting and wiring the LEDs.

IMG_2822 (resized).jpg

#1265 4 months ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Not sure if GIFs work here

To upload a gif you need to change the quality you're uploading with the little dropdown on the right side of the upload box. You'll see one option is PDF/GIF, which doesn't scale things and remove the animation.

#1266 4 months ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't follow a guide, but if you search for "LED neon flex" you'll find all kinds of products and resources. At the end of the day it's just an LED strip embedded in a flexible silicone strip. There are all kinds of ways to do it, but I personally designed my lettering and shapes as vector files, exported them into a format I could extrude into 3D, and printed them. Then mounted them on plywood I cut with a jigsaw. All the wiring to link things is routed through holes in the ply and across the back.
    Here's what it all looked like before I started cutting and wiring the LEDs.
    [quoted image]

Great job! I love the 3D print idea

Which led strips did you use? There’s so many out there, just curious what you used

Dare I post mine...?

These are more handmade, I made them for family as presents.
    0D63BCAF-B4E0-494A-A816-F43BBAD2A2EF (resized).jpeg47391474-EF12-4D0F-B8CE-A822E0089A9F (resized).jpegCEBC900E-8F91-402B-AA03-AED79DB3D861 (resized).jpeg

#1267 4 months ago

Led neon flex may not be the real thing, but it's much more approachable for people looking to make their own signs. Basic soldering skills and a little creativity will go a long way.

#1268 4 months ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Great job! I love the 3D print idea
    Which led strips did you use? There’s so many out there, just curious what you used
    Dare I post mine...?
    These are more handmade, I made them for family as presents.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful. What are the signs themselves made out of?

*edit* Sorry, I was looking on my cell phone, but looking again on the computer I can see that it looks to be plywood as well - correct?

#1269 4 months ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

The brand I've been using is Lamomo. Your signs look great, are you doing some CNC routing?

Quoted from Jason43:

Led neon flex may not be the real thing, but it's much more approachable for people looking to make their own signs.

Yeah, it's really very approachable. I apologize if all this LED talk is derailing the thread, we can start a new thread for it maybe if it's messing up the vibe. And if you have the budget talking to Ryan about getting some custom glass sounds amazing. The real thing always going to look best.

But if you want a cheap way to try out your own custom ideas the end results can really really good. People who didn't know just assumed my sign was real neon. If you get up close there are tells of course, but if you're just enjoying the light it's pretty convincing.

#1270 4 months ago

Looking for 49ers neon/led neon and warriors neon/led signs. If anyone has any leads please let me know.

Won’t deal with that neonusa bull shit on line. That stuff sucks!

#1271 4 months ago
    16236338092347248595686405509895 (resized).jpg16236338304983829306447145916745 (resized).jpg
    #1272 4 months ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Beautiful. What are the signs themselves made out of?
    *edit* Sorry, I was looking on my cell phone, but looking again on the computer I can see that it looks to be plywood as well - correct?

Thank you

Yes, plywood

Quoted from Aurich:

The brand I've been using is Lamomo. Your signs look great, are you doing some CNC routing?

Thank you, and thank you for the reply.
    No CNC yet, just good ol jigsaw , some very precise measurements and a fine tooth blade

#1273 4 months ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Oh my god, Aurich. This is BONKERS-good. Thanks for sharing here. Really...stopped me in my tracks when I saw it. Is this hanging in YOUR arcade, or did you make this for someone else? Regardless, good seein' you around here.

#1274 4 months ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Oh my god, Aurich. This is BONKERS-good. Thanks for sharing here. Really...stopped me in my tracks when I saw it. Is this hanging in YOUR arcade, or did you make this for someone else? Regardless, good seein' you around here.

Thanks Ryan! Yeah, that's hanging in my garage. I still have some pins on the left just outside of this shot, but these days my arcade caters more to fighting game players, I run a weekly night for ye olden Street Fighters etc.

IMG_2864 2.JPG

Was a fun project, and I learned a lot doing it. At some point I'm either going to redo it or make another one, take what I learned and make some smarter moves on the next one. Working on a different lit up sign project now, but it's not even faux neon looking, so save it for another thread.

#1275 4 months ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks Ryan! Yeah, that's hanging in my garage.

Fantastic. The design is...just...phenomonal.

Quoted from Aurich:

these days my arcade caters more to fighting game players

Quoted from Aurich:

I still have some pins on the left just outside of this shot

*phew!*

Quoted from Aurich:

I run a weekly night for ye olden Street Fighters etc.

Sounds like fun!

Quoted from Aurich:

Working on a different lit up sign project now, but it's not even faux neon looking, so save it for another thread.

Send it to my inbox! I'd love to see it.

#1276 4 months ago

I added this awhile back to the Bally Factory Photo thread. May as well add it here. The Bally Man/Icon sign with back lit neon. I took this photo in the '70's.

20210307_201820 (resized).jpg
    #1277 4 months ago

08BE41D2-A833-4BA1-9499-95AA59193F73 (resized).jpeg

F4FFE9F2-EC29-477B-A0F7-6159E72D1D5C (resized).jpeg
    #1278 4 months ago

Here’s my neon wall in the garage.

204FBF9E-94F8-4216-87D5-EDBD1352E063 (resized).jpeg

C9137AEE-44DE-4C45-8C53-7268A95A8235 (resized).jpeg

#1279 4 months ago

Here’s my neon wall in the garage.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

TWO S.T.U.N. runners? Lucky!

Chris

#1280 4 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

TWO S.T.U.N. runners? Lucky!
    Chris

Ha, yeah I picked a nonworking one up as a project for cheap then a working one was listed shortly after. (of course) The working one will help finding which board in the stack of the non working one is the problem.

1 week later
    #1281 4 months ago

A few new neons picked up in Los Angeles. The neon in the plastic is Lowenbrau Imported.

62B7BC4F-71CC-4DAE-953F-9E8B7F481BB7 (resized).jpeg6EC6B4B8-C9EE-4255-96DC-B1244271FFC0 (resized).jpeg6F3DC1F7-BE3B-449B-87BD-138289412ED8 (resized).jpegDBCE9359-FF7C-4851-B94F-7BD104CF34E7 (resized).jpeg
    #1282 4 months ago
    Quoted from atpcfiaim:

A few new neons picked up in Los Angeles. The neon in the plastic is Lowenbrau Imported.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Let it be Lowenbrau...

#1283 4 months ago

Picked up this old RCA clock a few weeks back.

RCAClock (resized).jpg
    #1284 4 months ago
    Quoted from atpcfiaim:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That 7-UP sign is pretty cool. Pic of it lit up?

#1285 4 months ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

That 7-UP sign is pretty cool. Pic of it lit up?

I will post pics of 7Up and Lowenbrau when they get here. The artist Peter Max designed the 7Up in 1972 for their long running “Uncola” campaign.

#1286 4 months ago
    Quoted from atpcfiaim:

I will post pics of 7Up and Lowenbrau when they get here. The artist Peter Max designed the 7Up in 1972 for their long running “Uncola” campaign.

I still have a box full of the uncola upside down glasses in the attic.

#1287 4 months ago
    20210627_121619 (resized).jpg
    #1288 4 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Send an email to [email protected] and tell them you need part #001715 (FC005587).
    Antigo Zeon is located North of you in Antigo, WI. They will probably ship it to you unless you want to make the drive.
    [quoted image]

meSz Where can I find a part number catalog like that? I have a "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign that needs a new tube.
    Thanks!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#1289 3 months ago

C1F9D533-FEA6-4D8B-8DFB-32A7C36CA671 (resized).jpeg

$30 sign pick up. I’ve had an eye out for a multicolored parrot for a while. A lot of these you see broken are in the tail feathers. This one is broken at the C on Corona.

I’m going to bypass it for now but I’d imagine a lot of the Corona signs used that same size piece.

This isn’t the coolest multicolored parrot they made, but still worthy of the NEON Wall.

CF38797E-895C-49D8-A869-D052DF82F6B5.gif
    (Test flicker with the break)

#1290 3 months ago

Not really game related, but I had this Keith Haring sign made recently

9BB25863-5E72-4BB7-9F94-D7D51003D9A6 (resized).jpeg
    #1291 3 months ago
    Quoted from nik2000:

Not really game related, but I had this Keith Haring sign made recently[quoted image]

That's really fun. Looked at your striking image before reading your text and was about to ask if that was a Keith Haring image. Very cool!

#1292 3 months ago

[quoted image]
    $30 sign pick up. I’ve had an eye out for a multicolored parrot for a while. A lot of these you see broken are in the tail feathers. This one is broken at the C on Corona.
    I’m going to bypass it for now but I’d imagine a lot of the Corona signs used that same size piece.
    This isn’t the coolest multicolored parrot they made, but still worthy of the NEON Wall.
    [quoted image]
    (Test flicker with the break)

ebay.com link: itm

#1293 3 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Thanks for looking, ‘Corona’ is all one piece on this one.

#1294 3 months ago

I am in need of the parrot on this one. Tail broken. If anyone knows of a place to get one let me know.

2C1DA8EE-9E76-4267-BEAA-66FF0207D0EF (resized).jpeg7CB39E52-7BBB-429D-AD91-136912571042 (resized).jpeg
    #1295 3 months ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

I am in need of the parrot on this one. Tail broken. If anyone knows of a place to get one let me know.

Yeah that’s where most get broken because there is no protection from the end of the tail feather getting hit from the side.

#1296 3 months ago

Been awhile since posting! Picked up this sign dated 10/2003, I'm assuming it was from some New York lottery program.

No matter, I think it will be getting a retheme into something more pinball related.

20210704_131818 (resized).jpg20210704_182114 (resized).jpg

#1297 3 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Been awhile since posting! Picked up this sign dated 10/2003, I'm assuming it was from some New York lottery program.
    No matter, I think it will be getting a retheme into something more pinball related.

If the size is the same you could do something badass with a backglass.

#1298 3 months ago

#1299 3 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So close. My parrot is all one tube. I thought you found it.
    Thanks

#1300 3 months ago

So close. My parrot is all one tube. I thought you found it.
    Thanks

Yeah, he's using the wrong reference sign in that last photo, its from a different style parrot sign.

There are 1348 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside