7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vicjw66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

From the SS thread discussing spider multi-ball, it occurred to me that there might be other not so well known modes on other titles that continue to elude you....For me,

ST:TNG warp 9.9. Even if you cheat and start at warp 4, it still takes 15 loops to get to 9.9. I got to 9.7 a few times but never closed the deal.

Another one, that I did complete, but it's not easy is move your car on CFTBL. Getting all the way to the nuke.

#2 7 years ago

For some freaking reason I cannot get 3 balls locked in fish tales..only 2...EVERY TIME! haha Or monster fish and hitting the spinner...ugh..hhah but that is just lack of playing the table.

#3 7 years ago

The only game I own,but can't finish is Scared Stiff with it's Spider multiball. It did take about 6 months to Tour the Mansion on my TAF. Since I don't have a large collection, I can go around my room and practically get the Wizard mode on all my games in one day. I've never actually done this, but it seems like an interesting challenge now that I think about it. Anybody else (guys with smaller collections) conquer all their pins in one day?

#4 7 years ago

At one time, my 3 pin collection consisted of CFTBL, TFTC and SS. So, yes, it was quite possible to save the girl, hit crypt jam and stiff-o-meter in a day. But those games have relatively 'easy' wizard modes. Now, when I had BSD and ST:TNG in the collection, it was much harder to get three stacked multiballs and hit FF with all the artifacts. I could get to FF regularly, but to do it with all the artifacts was nearly impossible for me. And of course, the aforementioned warp 9.9 I never conquered until I sold it and took the glass off

#5 7 years ago

I can't seem to get Farley Claymore all that often he taughts and taughts and I just wanna hit him!!!

#6 7 years ago

TFTC has an easy wizard mode? Why am I having such a bitch of a time getting to it then?

On the other hand I got LITZ the first night I had my TZ. I love TZ, but for a game that supposedly has so much depth it didn't take long to do everything.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

On the other hand I got LITZ the first night I had my TZ. I love TZ, but for a game that supposedly has so much depth it didn't take long to do everything.

You are missing the point of the depth of TZ. Anyone can blast through it and get to LITZ, the depth comes from the different stradegies people play to maximize points. This is achieved by stacking correct modes, and making sure to do things in an order that gives maximum rewards for minimum shots. If "Extra Ball" is the flashing door panel, you better believe I am doing everything I can to avoid the POPs until I can get it into the piano. If I had a game on TZ where I played all good stradegy and maximized my points from modes, multi-balls, 9 times out of 10 I could beat someone who just blasted through to LITZ.

Thats why TZ has depth.

#8 7 years ago

NoT hard to get to but kill the witch king on lotr has alluded me for too long. Been 1 shot away once. Damn you witch king!

#9 7 years ago

Any mode in Shadow.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from CVTSTZ:

If I had a game on TZ where I played all good stradegy and maximized my points from modes, multi-balls, 9 times out of 10 I could beat someone who just blasted through to LITZ.

Very true. MY GC score on TZ was on a single LITZ game. I've gotten to LITZ twice in one game several times, but the scores on those games weren't nearly as high. The key to maximizing your score is stacking the right modes, and really paying close attention to the next camera award.

As far as modes that continue to elude me, I've yet to complete the multiball on Tommy, and I've also never got to the wizard mode on that game. Owned it for nearly a year.

#11 7 years ago

I can't get near "World Premier" in LAH, I kinda hope I'm not alone........

#12 7 years ago

Shadow Final Battle.

#13 7 years ago

.............and beating Khan in the Battlefield.

#14 7 years ago

Pretzel multiball. Cletus has a lot of kids.

I start with the intention of doing nothing but collecting kids, then everything else going on sucks me into other goals. Damn you Keith Johnson!! LOL.

-Craig

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

tomdotcom said:

Shadow Final Battle.
    .............and beating Khan in the Battlefield.

haha I'm surprised I was even able to get to the mini playfield.

#16 7 years ago

I am eluding to my skill level here but I rarely hit the wizard modes. LITZ twice now but havent defeated the genie in TOTAN. TOM, which many state is super easy, is still out of my grasp. I enjoy just going after different objectives in that game and never really try to get thru it. STTNG- I can only get to 9.3 or so. Thrilled just to pull off the Picard maneuver and sadly thats not very often. Im not real competitive and thats ok. Im just happy to play.

#17 7 years ago

Finishing tommy multiball? Like, light super and double super jackpot and then do it again blind? Yeah, that's very difficult. I've been to wizard mode a number of times but only ever shot the tommy hole blind once. And i don't think I hit it but maybe once.

#18 7 years ago

Don't know anybody that's nailed the 'special' on Black Knight.

30 seconds to complete all the drop target banks, then hit the turnaround. Oh, and you have to play multiplayer and be the highest score to even get the bonus round in the first place.

-Hans

#19 7 years ago

One night at my location, my buddy got monster multi in SS, then we played some TZ and he got LITZ, so on our last beer we decided he'd better play TAF. And he proceeded to tour. He had a good night!

When I saw the thread title with 'Nemesis' in it, I was expecting modes you get in games that either make you angry, or cause you to drain right away. My vote was for Mamushka. Stupid mode, once I start it, I'm 4 seconds away from draining every time. I think it's the music. Curse you, Mamushka.

#20 7 years ago

Beating khan on the battlefield isn't that hard. Just hit the ball with the corners of the paddle to slow it down and bounce it off the sides...

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Beating khan on the battlefield isn't that hard.

It takes me a couple of times during a game though. I rarely do it on the first try.

#22 7 years ago

Finishing the Alien Invasion or keeping the nuclear power plant from exploding in TSPP is damn near impossible. Pretzel multiball is also very diificult to get to. Damn you Q-Bert!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 137.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside