(Topic ID: 74372)

Neither my tech nor I can get WOZ to update.

By pinlawyer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ThanksObama-44445.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 7 years ago

Resurrecting an old thread, but I'm trying to update old software....

Just received my 2014 build date WoZ this week and it was on version 4 of the software. Downloaded current version and followed instructions for Mac. I get menu.c32 error with the unet software, click yes to all and when I go to try it in WoZ, it doesnt detect my thumb drive.

I went to my PC laptop. Formated thumb drive to FAT32 (quick and slow erase), re-downloaded the software update, ran the unet software, got the same menu.c32 error, clicked yes to all and it still does not detect in woz.

I have tried plugging the thumb drives directly into the usb port rather than the extension cable and it still doesn't start the update.

Any ideas? The two different thumb drives I used are 8gb DSE (old Australian electronelectronics store). Thinking about going and buying a SanDisk thumb drive.

Cheers!
Adam.

#139 7 years ago

Many thanks, Lloyd. I don't think we have PNY in Australia, but will head down to my local Officeworks in the morning and get a substitute 8gb thumb drive.

Cheers!
Adam.

#140 7 years ago

Success! Spoke to an Australian owner and the update worked using this specific SanDisk thumb drive.

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/sandisk-16gb-cruzer-facet-usb2-0-flash-drive-sdcz5516gb

For some reason it wouldn't slot into the USB extension cable, so I plugged it directly into the usb port.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/neither-my-tech-nor-i-can-get-woz-to-update?tu=ahdelarge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.