10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MES
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know if TNT amusements will negotiate at all on their price. I'm interested in a few of their machines but based on the reading I've done they are at the very top end of the price spectrum. I have no doubt they do good work but 4100$ for a very good T3 seems a bit much when I could get a new Tron for just a little bit more. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Stewey

#2 10 years ago

cash in hand always lowers the price . unfortunatly 4 me nothing there i wanted . very friendly owner quite a character

#3 10 years ago

It's a T3, don't buy it retail

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I'm very impressed with the owner and the shops overall media presence. I've been able to get a good sense of the work they do from the videos they produce, so far I'm pretty impressed. I wish more companies would do more to give a sense of their work and love of the games. I'm not particularly interested in the T3 going for 4100 dollars but would be willing to make an offer on two of their other games. I was hoping to find someone who had done business with them and could offer an idea on whether or not they might be open to a package deal or just willing to come off their HIGH prices.

Cheers

#5 10 years ago

Never hurts to ask, especially with cash in hand if possible.

#6 10 years ago

Like any shop, I'm sure they'll move some. If you are looking for them to shave 15%-20%-30% off than I don't think that's going to happen.

#7 10 years ago

jalpert,

Thanks for the advice. I think this is the hardest thing about buying machines from half way across the country. I normally like to look someone in they eye when buying something worth several thousand dollars; talking to someone over the phone just isn't the same as being there in person. From what I can tell the machines they "shop" are at the high end of the quality spectrum.

#8 10 years ago

There is a certain type of person for retail purchases. I'm going to say they always have the highest prices, and the quality of the games is typically lower than average.

I'm not sure what kind of work TNT is doing, but if getting the machine delivered and setup in your basement, and getting a 90 day warranty with bad fixes most noobs won't notice, and money isn't an issue then you are a retail customer.

Since it looks like you are shipping, I would wait and buy one locally, or have one shipped by a REPUTABLE collector. Feel free to start a topic on Pinisde and ask if anyone has dealt with the person you are looking to buy from, we don't see that enough here.

If you are in fact a retail customer, setup, warranty and 90% as apposed to 100% working isn't a big deal for you, go into a local retailer and buy from them.

For what you're paying, you should have no issue finding a super nice game from a reputable collector and paying for shipping for less than your TNT game or any other retailer.

My 2 cents.

#9 10 years ago

Try Mr. Pinball http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/index.html

Way cheaper prices and they might also be members here on Pinside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negotiating-on-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.