Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

I don't always agree with Kaneda's expressed opinions, but I appreciate his forthrightness.

On the flip side, it really bothers me to hear other podcasters typically dance around saying anything negative about a game or product that they don't like.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Then you should go listen to Eclectic Gamers or Slam Tilt. They don't pull punches and they, gasp!, make corrections and admit errors (except for Bruce, because he is never wrong ).
    Of course, you have to wait every two weeks or so for those to come around leaving you a lot of downtime to listen to Kaneda.

I used to listen avidly to both of these podcasts, but not so much anymore. I like Dennis's perspectives and knowledge, but just listen to him via TWIP now. I appreciate Ron's and Bruce's extensive gameplay and tech knowledge of SS and newer pins, but their constant snarkiness has grown old and I don't share their love for tournament talk.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

I have to say, if this pops up in my podcast list, I listen immediately. While I do not agree with every perspective Chris takes, I find the show quite entertaining. Chris has also become a consumer advocate for the collector. Not much he has said about the inflated costs and value of current NIB pinball is really that far off. I know I have second guessed several NIB Stern purchases because of his spot-on evaluation of the price for what you get under the glass factor.
    It is also refreshing to listen to a podcast that has none of the cringe-worthy "that's what she said" kind of humor in it.
    I like Kaneda's content. But his whining sometimes gets to me. It can also be a bit repetitive and I could do without the emotional roller coaster he tends to ride. That should be left out. Which is why he is beat out by my favorite podcast, which is is Jeff Parsons', Pinball Players Podcast. Again, none of the cringe-worthy "heh, heh, you said balls" type of humor. Tells it like it is, gets to the point, has great content, has a great top-5 list. I just wish he posted episodes more often.

+1 regarding your Kaneda podcast perspective

While I enjoy Jeff Parson's podcast as well, it's not my favorite. I don't share his love of tournaments and he also tends to play things safe by avoiding anything more than mild criticisms. That said, he has a level headed perspective regarding the hobby and typically delivers a pleasantly professional quality program.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe they just like pinball. ...

Yeah ... I really doubt that it's that simple.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negativity?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.