Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I just listened to our vacationing podcaster and I have to say I missed him. All the negativity. I don't know how the hobby gets along without him. Those couple of weeks with the show in the middle was wonderful. Everyone was having a great time just enjoying each other and the joy of playing pinball. I guess now its back to how every manufacturer dosn't know what they are doing or even how to start doing it. Welcome back!

#2 4 years ago

With all due respect, it looks like you're obsessing about someone you don't like.

You've made a total of four posts on Pinside, three of which are about your dislike of him.

You do have the option of not listening to his show.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

With all due respect, it looks like you're obsessing about someone you don't like.
    You've made a total of four posts on Pinside, three of which are about your dislike of him.
    You do have the option of not listening to his show.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

End of Story.

Shill account. Likely made by said "vacationing podcaster."

#5 4 years ago

I don't always agree with Kaneda's expressed opinions, but I appreciate his forthrightness.

On the flip side, it really bothers me to hear other podcasters typically dance around saying anything negative about a game or product that they don't like.

#6 4 years ago

Nobody picked up on the sarcasm?

I stopped listening at least a year ago. Didn’t need anything he has to offer. My podcast listening has been much more enjoyable ever since.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I don't always agree with Kaneda's expressed opinions, but I appreciate his forthrightness.
    On the flip side, it really bothers me to hear other podcasters typically dance around saying anything negative about a game or product that they don't like.

I agree.

I listen to every TWIP podcast and enjoy them and while I’m aware that his livelihood is selling pinball machines, I swear there are times Zach makes me feel like I'm listening to the pinball version of QVC.

#8 4 years ago

This is 100% Kaneda. Welcome back!

#9 4 years ago

This is hands down the most obnoxious and toxic part or the podcast community in the hobby.

#10 4 years ago

There certainly seems to be a overwhelming fascination with said podcaster here on pinside.

#11 4 years ago

Kaneda must be a Trump and pro wrestling fan. This is textbook heeling. I’d like to say “well done” but I’m tired of this shit invading our daily lives.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kaneda must be a Trump and pro wrestling fan. This is textbook heeling. I’d like to say “well done” but I’m tired of this shit invading our daily lives.

"Tired of shit invading our daily lives" but yet you bring politics into this thread? You got TDS son.
    Back to pinball and how manufacturers are making it great again.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

"Tired of shit invading our daily lives" but yet you bring politics into this thread? You got TDS son.

What’s TDS? Why did I bring politics in? Because I said Trump? I was referring to his reality tv stuff, where he would use these same tactics, which he learned from WWE

#14 4 years ago

Then you should go listen to Eclectic Gamers or Slam Tilt. They don't pull punches and they, gasp!, make corrections and admit errors (except for Bruce, because he is never wrong ).

Of course, you have to wait every two weeks or so for those to come around leaving you a lot of downtime to listen to Kaneda.

#15 4 years ago

If K-man talks in a forest and nobody listens does he make a sound?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

If K-man talks in a forest and nobody listens does he make a sound?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Then you should go listen to Eclectic Gamers or Slam Tilt. They don't pull punches and they, gasp!, make corrections and admit errors (except for Bruce, because he is never wrong ).
    Of course, you have to wait every two weeks or so for those to come around leaving you a lot of downtime to listen to Kaneda.

I used to listen avidly to both of these podcasts, but not so much anymore. I like Dennis's perspectives and knowledge, but just listen to him via TWIP now. I appreciate Ron's and Bruce's extensive gameplay and tech knowledge of SS and newer pins, but their constant snarkiness has grown old and I don't share their love for tournament talk.

#18 4 years ago

The thing about this podcaster is that he is the only one who knows how things are done and he is the first one to tell you that. I have been involved with arcade and pinball for 30 plus years and have done extensive repair work. I don't believe K has ever built anything because if he had, he would know that it is almost impossible to make something perfect. (Unless you are Japanese.) We should just be able to enjoy the hobby without being told several times a week what we are to think and do.

#19 4 years ago

I used to listen avidly to both of these podcasts, but not so much anymore. I like Dennis's perspectives and knowledge, but just listen to him via TWIP now. I appreciate Ron's and Bruce's extensive gameplay and tech knowledge of SS and newer pins, but their constant snarkiness has grown old and I don't share their love for tournament talk.

I think Dennis is terrific on TWIP. I like his wry sense of humor and how he's the voice of reason.

Ken Cromwell on Special When Lit is also outstanding. Bill drives me buggy but Ken gives intelligent perspectives and does a really good job of keeping the show moving.

Slap Save and Head 2 Head are also entertaining.

So much to choose from.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademrs:

The thing about this podcaster is that he is the only one who knows how things are done and he is the first one to tell you that. I have been involved with arcade and pinball for 30 plus years and have done extensive repair work. I don't believe K has ever built anything because if he had, he would know that it is almost impossible to make something perfect. (Unless you are Japanese.) We should just be able to enjoy the hobby without being told several times a week what we are to think and do.

Classic dunning Kruger effect. He doesn’t know enough about a subject to realize how little he knows about the subject.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Classic dunning Kruger effect. He doesn’t know enough about a subject to realize how little he knows about the subject.
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.

This is a real phenomenon, and a major affliction these days (at least in the States)

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I hear the secret to success is the 80% immigrant workforce

#24 4 years ago

One guy with one opinion
    Don't like it, then don't listen or start your own podcast

I don't agree with everything he says but I enjoy listening

#25 4 years ago

Why should I care what podcasts; tv shows; movies; books, etc, anyone else does or does not listen/watch/read?

You do you and I’ll do me.

#26 4 years ago

For anyone that wants to listen to pinball on a podcast, Jason and Matt are awesome to listen to on the slap save pinball podcast. Problem solved.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

There certainly seems to be a overwhelming fascination with said podcaster here on pinside.

When I first started listening, I honestly thought, "this poor guy gets a bad rap." Then I realized that no.... wait... he is just a c@@@. I looked for other pinball podcasts and haven't looked back. So I get it if he was the ONLY podcast to listen to, but he's not. So outside of this place, he no longer exists for me.

#28 4 years ago

I'll admit--I used to listen to his podcast, but it got repetitive. I DO NOT like how he embraces things one day, and the next day rips them apart. When questioned about this, he plays the victim and says, "Aren't I entitled to change my mind or opinion??" Sure you are, Chris, but you also have to realize that among the cognoscenti, these traits further your classic-and I mean BY THE BOOK CLASSIC- psychopath status. Sorry to be brusk, but it is my opinion.
    Now, when will we get the next screaming, passionate, fuck-word filled podcast on how badly we're all persecuting him?

#29 4 years ago

I quit listening to him a month or so ago after he tried to sell his TBL on eBay after assuring everyone he wasn't going to flip it for profit.

I now listen to TWIP and Eclectic Gamers every week. My life is much better without all the drama of that other podcaster who shall not be named...

#30 4 years ago

I have to say, if this pops up in my podcast list, I listen immediately. While I do not agree with every perspective Chris takes, I find the show quite entertaining. Chris has also become a consumer advocate for the collector. Not much he has said about the inflated costs and value of current NIB pinball is really that far off. I know I have second guessed several NIB Stern purchases because of his spot-on evaluation of the price for what you get under the glass factor.

It is also refreshing to listen to a podcast that has none of the cringe-worthy "that's what she said" kind of humor in it.

I like Kaneda's content. But his whining sometimes gets to me. It can also be a bit repetitive and I could do without the emotional roller coaster he tends to ride. That should be left out. Which is why he is beat out by my favorite podcast, which is is Jeff Parsons', Pinball Players Podcast. Again, none of the cringe-worthy "heh, heh, you said balls" type of humor. Tells it like it is, gets to the point, has great content, has a great top-5 list. I just wish he posted episodes more often.

#31 4 years ago

PS: His podcasts are the right length. 30 min to an hour, tops. Same with Jeff's. If a podcast is over an hour, I rarely (actually never) listen to the entire thing.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

I have to say, if this pops up in my podcast list, I listen immediately. While I do not agree with every perspective Chris takes, I find the show quite entertaining. Chris has also become a consumer advocate for the collector. Not much he has said about the inflated costs and value of current NIB pinball is really that far off. I know I have second guessed several NIB Stern purchases because of his spot-on evaluation of the price for what you get under the glass factor.
    It is also refreshing to listen to a podcast that has none of the cringe-worthy "that's what she said" kind of humor in it.
    I like Kaneda's content. But his whining sometimes gets to me. It can also be a bit repetitive and I could do without the emotional roller coaster he tends to ride. That should be left out. Which is why he is beat out by my favorite podcast, which is is Jeff Parsons', Pinball Players Podcast. Again, none of the cringe-worthy "heh, heh, you said balls" type of humor. Tells it like it is, gets to the point, has great content, has a great top-5 list. I just wish he posted episodes more often.

+1 regarding your Kaneda podcast perspective

While I enjoy Jeff Parson's podcast as well, it's not my favorite. I don't share his love of tournaments and he also tends to play things safe by avoiding anything more than mild criticisms. That said, he has a level headed perspective regarding the hobby and typically delivers a pleasantly professional quality program.

#35 4 years ago

This is 100% Kaneda. Welcome back!

#36 4 years ago

I love it how he whines that everyone is picking on him and he then says he doesnt need the negativity and is going away, just to get people to email and beg, "oh please dont go Kaneda, the industry will fold without you!". He gets an ego stroke and then says he really didnt mean what he said and has decided to stay because of their support of what he does. Rinse, cycle, repeat.

He fancies himself as some sort of pinball superhero....the protector of us all. Give me a break. He manufactures his own negativity.

#37 4 years ago

Oh - and toteboy! Everyone hates The Tote King. He’s still relevant and more toxic to this community than ever before! He’s a disgusting human being!

#38 4 years ago

I’m back....

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I quit listening to him a month or so ago after he tried to sell his TBL on eBay after assuring everyone he wasn't going to flip it for profit.

You lost me here! Not sure why it would matter to you? Any TBL frustration/anger should be rightfully directed at DP.

#40 4 years ago

Maybe they just like pinball. I tend to agree with those that have a narrower margin between there top rated games and worst rated games. I value their opinions more then those that are consistently rating games either as either a 1 or 10. Those people tend to create the drama in their lives.

#41 4 years ago

Quoted from SilverballSleuth:Oh - and toteboy! Everyone hates The Tote King. He’s still relevant and more toxic to this community than ever before! He’s a disgusting human being!

I know right. That kids the worse. Always crying for attention.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe they just like pinball. ...

Yeah ... I really doubt that it's that simple.

#43 4 years ago

K-man Returns.

#44 4 years ago

Negativity is usually marked with a - where as positivity is marked with a +.

If there are no markings or they are rubbed off, use a simple hand held voltmeter. If you put the red on one terminal and the black on the other and it reads -, then switch them around and where the red is hooked up is positivity, and the black is negativity.

Or as Ron White would say-

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Or as Ron White would say-

“We’re traveling at half the speed of smell.”

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negativity?hl=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.