(Topic ID: 292426)

Negative recommendations feature removed (Update: back again!)

By robin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinHigh1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

IMO this is a bad call and makes Pinside feedback no longer a source of establishing trustworthiness.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Agreed, but I understand the moderation hassles.

I am sympathetic to that point too, it puts Robin in the role of judge/jury.

IMO the best solution is to allow pos/neg feedback and be 100% hands off about it.
    Fake feedback will become apparent through posting patterns over time.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Only unsolicited negative "recommendations" were removed.

Is there such a thing as a solicited negative recommendation?

"Hey, I just ripped you off, can you make sure and post about it on Pinside? Thanks sucker!"

EDIT: I learned reading comprehension and see that we can still leave negative feedback when it's associated with a pinside transaction. That makes a little more sense to me, though I still feel we need a way as a community to warn each other of bad traders. I'm not sure what the best mechanism for that is though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negative-recommendations-feature-removed?tu=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.