(Topic ID: 292426)

Negative recommendations feature removed (Update: back again!)

By robin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinHigh1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinHigh1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Update 01/14
    With Input from the community, I have made some big changes to the feedback system, in an effort to bring back the ability for buyers to leave negative feedback while also being fair to sellers and avoid abuse of the feedback system.
    So how does the updated system work?
    You can once again leave two kinds of feedback about a Pinsider: Recommendations and Marketplace-related feedback.
    Recommendations are unsollicited reviews about someone. As the name implies, they can only be positive and are meant to tell Pinside that you vouch for someone. Recommendations can be placed on your profile by anyone (well, they have to be verified Pinsiders) but they can be deleted by you if you don't like it.
    Feedback can only be placed on your profile if you have been in touch with someone (via PinsideMail) about a Marketplace ad you're running. The system will do some checks to establish eligibility to write feedback about someone. Feedback cannot be deleted by you, but you are welcome to respond to it to rebuke or give context.
    When is someone eligible to leave feedback on another Pinsiders profile page?
    - You have to be a verified Pinsider.
    - You need to have contacted them via PinsideMail about a Marketplace ad (using the 'contact seller' button on that ad).
    - The seller Pinsider must have sent back at least 3 messages in that PinsideMail thread. I might increase this number, not sure yet if 3 is enough.
    - The ad must be less than 12 weeks old.
    When can a recommendation/feedback be deleted?
    - The author of a recommendation can delete their recommendation at any time.
    - The author of marketplace-related feedback can delete that feedback at any time, even if the other party responded to it.
    - The author of a recommendation or feedback can only edit their text as long as the receiver has not responded to it.
    - The receiver of a recommendation can delete a recommendation from their profile page at any time.
    - The receiver of marketplace-related feedback can not delete feedback from their profile page, but they can respond to it.
    Obviously the weakest link in this system is the way the system determines eligibility to be allowed to write feedback. I'm open for suggestions to improve this!
    And, as always, this is how it's currently set up. Subject to change, based on how well it runs. I hope this will will be a good balance where the feedback and recommendations system is used as intended without the headaches the previous implementation would give me.

I have a question about the feedback system - recently I've had two great pinsider buy games from me - however when I went to give them positive feedback, I was not allowed to - I could only leave a recommendation. Seemed odd - we had communicated on PinsideMAIL but I guess not the minimum 3 messages (we took it to text messaging shortly thereafter). I'd like to leave positive feedback for buyers....but it seems I cannot. Am I missing something in the new process? Thanks!

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinHigh1:

I have a question about the feedback system - recently I've had two great pinsider buy games from me - however when I went to give them positive feedback, I was not allowed to - I could only leave a recommendation. Seemed odd - we had communicated on PinsideMAIL but I guess not the minimum 3 messages (we took it to text messaging shortly thereafter). I'd like to leave positive feedback for buyers....but it seems I cannot. Am I missing something in the new process? Thanks!

I had a thought on how to improve since the current system seems to only allow sellers to leave buyers feedback if they've exchanged at least 3 emails via Pinside. Even if I request and receive feedback from the buyer.

Why not make it such that if someone leaves you feedback, you can also leave them feedback. Regardless of how many emails you've exchanged ...

...or just go back to the old system...which seemed to work fine (with maybe a few exceptions...it seems like the attempts at a new system are to cater to the exception not the rule).

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Sounds like you could just send a few extra messages to hit the requirement and leave feedback. “This PM is to leave feedback” and an acknowledgement should do the job

Fair enough, as a workaround. I meant to point out a weakness in the current system and suggest improvement. As requested.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Sounds like you could just send a few extra messages to hit the requirement and leave feedback. “This PM is to leave feedback” and an acknowledgement should do the job

Nope didn't work...we just exchanged another round of messages. Maybe we should keep going? Maybe it's 3 messages from each party??

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I always thought that as a seller you start bu inviting the buyer to leave you feedback when you close the ad. Then, you can reply to their feedback and give them feedback lol.

That's how it used to be and is the logical way! It's changed now.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Oh ok. I thought Robyn was bringing the neg feedback part back with new conditions, like the pms from market place ad qualifier. Which i can do today but only receive positive rating. I assumed now i could receive negative feedback too provided we pm’d a few times first etc.

Yep that's all true. But I as a seller for some reason can't leave feedback for the buyer. Even though they left me feedback. That's the part I think needs to be fixed up.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I get what yr saying now. Edited my post above lol.

Lol...I second your vote that POMC is (NOT) shady!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinHigh1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negative-recommendations-feature-removed?tu=PinHigh1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.