You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2945 (resized).JPG
DSCF2944 (resized).JPG
DSCF2894 (resized).JPG
sportsmanfrontcasting (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minnesota13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago

The 6061 alloy is primarily for "wrought" applications rather than sand casting. It would be problematic for sand castings.

That said, I have acquired a Jennings Sportsman of the 1935 variety. It is painted black, and the black finish is original to the machine. I found it really heavy to move and upon opening it up found seven 1.5 large dry cells corroded, leaving a white mess on the wood. All the wiring was gone associated with wiring the dry cells.

The machine is not functional and has a white like coating on all of the internal metal. Maybe from the dry cell corrosive gas and storage high moisture.

This is not a problem that can't be resolved by cleaning. But I am missing the four outside leg bracket caps. I have one original leg to the machine that is painted black and has the metal bottom leg tip. The other legs are finished natural with what looks like silver paint for the leg tip.

I need the outside leg bracket caps. I do not have an example of the outer bracket and since I am located in a dead zone for pinball as a whole in Harrison, Arkansas I have to hope I can get some help and advice from a pinsider.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minnesota13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/needing-old-legs-and-outer-leg-buckles-like-these?tu=minnesota13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.