You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2945 (resized).JPG
DSCF2944 (resized).JPG
DSCF2894 (resized).JPG
sportsmanfrontcasting (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manitouguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

I am currently casting aluminum parts for a 32 king pin with a local foundry - reasonably affordable

I was lucky enough to be lent a sim donor marquee

You would be best to have someone lend you or if you at least have one leg set originals for them to cast from

#30 7 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned as another option here yet or not – if someone is not willing to lend the brackets – then maybe they could at least give dimensions so one could be 3-D modelled – my buddy printed some brackets on his home 3-D printer and I am getting those cast an aluminum as well – just a thought

Best scenario is if some kind soul were able to loan all four for you - sand casting process does not harm the originals at all – and it becomes far more economical if the foundry can cast four at a time from the originals too FYI

Once you have one set of castings they become your masters for any future castings and the originals go back to their owner

Patience – eventually one or a set for purchase or loan Will surface to help you out

1 month later
#45 7 years ago

Those look awesome !! A lot sharper than some castings I just got done - did they grind / polish them for you?

#51 7 years ago

Thanks for the info – in my opinion for as nice as they turned out I don't think that you paid too much at all – I am currently getting a bunch of pieces cleaned up that I had cast as well – I will update more about my process and costs as I continue but yours are great and you should be very happy to have them – good job !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manitouguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/needing-old-legs-and-outer-leg-buckles-like-these?tu=manitouguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.