Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F543A11D-2B06-4977-9112-9EC8EE1D7105.gif
DDB6B8E4-0CCC-446E-ACFE-FF807D2D6C84 (resized).png
2AADD7E3-5356-459A-BB59-6A4E239E8618 (resized).jpeg
5E99A95C-5764-4663-A376-B810889956DE (resized).jpeg
2212F5FA-40C7-4F29-993D-414594F72B26 (resized).jpeg
A4D8CF3B-F033-4BD4-ACC7-4682D3F09A05 (resized).jpeg

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

ACDC is always my go to game for adrenalin pumping gameplay with awesome Ritchie call outs.

Yes. Just being fast is not enough.

Pure adrenaline when you've built an enormous song jackpot with multiballs flying around, until you suddenly hear the telltale sound of the cannon...as it slowly rotates towards the target... no turning back..

I can't count how many times I've choked trying to multitask.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

and a non Stern LOV

American did LOV, don't put those sculpts on Stern.

...Now after rereading the post I see what you meant, my bad.

#53 1 year ago

Go for it (TNA 2.0)! Music and lights augment the axe-to-your-face action perfectly. Such a gem.

#54 1 year ago

Iron Man-hitting the alternating ramp shots continuously gets your adrenaline pumping for sure

Star Wars LE/Premium-Hyper, Death Star exploding, juices automatically flow with adrenaline

Led Zeppelin LE/Premium(with sub)- First music gets your heart pumping and then the super fast flow of Ritchie sets in with an ultimate layout and combo monster. If I could only hit upper right ramp shot consistently-I will accept the challenge

TNA(with external sub)-Lights, Camera, Action-has it all-Music,Lights,Layout-best single level game ever made(bring on Elwin 007-you have some tough competition) Seriously nothing like cradling the ball and needing to just hit the reactor-can't count the times I have had adrenaline rushes with TNA (and guest)

Rolling Stones LE-Ceramic ball comes out and it is danger zone time. Fastest game in terms of ball speeds. Hitting ramps and trying to keep control is quite the ride. Also love the pop ups-adds another dimension and skill to take on

Adams Family(with Flipper Fidelity/shaker)-The power sets in-game goes berserk with lights-sounds and magnets-never gets old and for guest probably has the biggest adrenaline rush accompanied by smiles

STTNG-hitting alternating ramp shots-Alpha-Beta-oh feels soooooooo good. Now lean down(head to the glass) for battle sim and see how many consecutive shots you can land. A true Superpin

#55 1 year ago

It sounds like you are looking for what I call a “desperately trying to hang on” type of game.

For any era I would have to also go with F-14. Continuous edge-of-your-seat gameplay.

Modern is Iron Man. Why did you sell it?!

For a hybrid, definitely agree with TNA.

Honorable mentions: Ghostbusters, Tron, Fish Tales, Johnny Mnemonic(minus the glove), BL:SoR pro, AC/DC(particularly if you factor in the tension of trying to cash in a massive Song Jackpot.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

System 11 games kind of scare me though as an owner. Double edged sword and all that.

Not sure I understand the meaning here, sorry.

#59 1 year ago

With the volume turned up!
Rick & Morty is the winner.
As soon as you hit start your in for a wild ride!!

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Not sure I understand the meaning here, sorry.

I was thinking in terms of fun gameplay, but constant maintenance. In retrospect, my thinking was garbled though as I was including some games in my mind that aren't actually System 11's.

#61 1 year ago

Might I suggest just getting some adrenaline and injecting it before playing any game?

#62 1 year ago

Old School: Getaway
New School: Rick and Morty

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Might I suggest just getting some adrenaline and injecting it before playing any game?

F543A11D-2B06-4977-9112-9EC8EE1D7105.gifF543A11D-2B06-4977-9112-9EC8EE1D7105.gif
#64 1 year ago

I'd love an Iron Man, but price wise for adrenaline I really don't think F-14 can be beat.

Interested to hear about this remake!

If you've never had F-14 I think we can close thread!

#65 1 year ago

I was thinking in terms of fun gameplay, but constant maintenance. In retrospect, my thinking was garbled though as I was including some games in my mind that aren't actually System 11's.

Got it. To be honest though, with my own games my Sys11’s rarely have any issues… and anything that has come up has seemed easy to resolve, so I have always thought they were sort of fantastic in that way. Maybe I have just been lucky though.

#66 1 year ago

Metallica
Iron Maiden
Tron
Fish Tales
Maybe Deadpool

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Got it. To be honest though, with my own games my Sys11’s rarely have any issues… and anything that has come up has seemed easy to resolve, so I have always thought they were sort of fantastic in that way. Maybe I have just been lucky though.

Totally agree. Once you bulletproof them System 11 games are really pretty reliable compared to other eras *cough cough WPC*

#68 1 year ago

What say ye? TNA 2.0? Other? IM Part Deux?

If interested, I have an original TNA with butter cabinet I'll be posting for sale soon. Serial #2. Near perfect condition.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Totally agree. Once you bulletproof them System 11 games are really pretty reliable compared to other eras *cough cough WPC*

Space Station will keep you on your toes. No inlanes and no picnic trying to trap the ball. No rest for the wicked!! lol

#70 1 year ago

Good modern adrenaline junkie pins mentioned.
Consider some budget butt kicking on a firepower.

#71 1 year ago

Believe me - I've thought about it.

A bitchin' looking game that I would like to get some time in on. Wild Dog Arcade LOVES theirs!

lol
Alien LV has come into my attention lately and I'm digging its vibe! Not so much the issues that same owners seem to be having with theirs though.

Took a hard look at this game after owning / enjoying its predecessor - High Speed. Definitely a fun looking contender! System 11 games kind of scare me though as an owner. Double edged sword and all that.

BSD is intriguing as well as appealing! Sadly, I've pretty much only played it in digital format.
And we all know that doesn't count!

Kevin has a very nice iron man for sale

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Good modern adrenaline junkie pins mentioned.
Consider some budget butt kicking on a firepower.

Yes - lots of good games mentioned! Including some I've already owned and some I currently own.

Firepower was once on my wishlist, and one I coincidentally thought about again while reading posts here, as I've played some fast/brutal ones.

#73 1 year ago

All these votes for F14, but I've found it to be a pretty easy game to control. Shoot the upper loops, keep the action around the targets up there. When it comes down it tends to head towards flippers, not the slings so yo can get control and send it back up. Lots of up n down, little of the more dangerous side-to-side action. Never shoot the center nor Yagov, play safe and it's pretty tame.

+1 for Tron and TWD.

#74 1 year ago

From top to bottom for Intensity in my experience

Tna with out a doubt #1
Tron
Alien (I have a month old machine, small issues , great customer service, no regrets)
Afm
Mm
Sof
Congo

Bksor is in there somewhere, just haven’t played it enough

#75 1 year ago

I'm surprised I haven't heard the following yet..
Whirlwind
X-Men LE (with the fatpanda mix plus the pinduino lights plus shaker).
TMNT (mentioned, but theme doesn't make it pump up as much for me)
Johnny Mnemonic (mentioned)
and, of course, HIGH SPEED. (and not the sequel).
And one I really want- ALIEN LV

#76 1 year ago

Agree with most of the recommendations here but am puzzled by Alien. I’ve played it and thought it was a snoozer

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Agree with most of the recommendations here but am puzzled by Alien. I’ve played it and thought it was a snoozer

WOW, good to know..I only played one game on it, at a show..so I didn't get into it at all. Better that I play it and get a feel for it, before blind-buying. And all the issues taboot (which is being taken care of) ..but why do you think it's a snoozer? I'm really curious!

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

WOW, good to know..I only played one game on it, at a show..so I didn't get into it at all. Better that I play it and get a feel for it, before blind-buying. And all the issues taboot (which is being taken care of) ..but why do you think it's a snoozer? I'm really curious!

It felt floaty, like many widebodies. Maybe that was a pitch issue. I dunno. Also, it was very stop and go with the way that upper left saucer is implemented. Just not my style of play. I really wanted to enjoy gameplay more because I love the theme integration. The whole look and sound of it is stellar. For those that don’t mind the stop and go, slower wide open playfield it could be a great fit. I just don’t know that I’d call it adrenaline inducing the way others mentioned in this thread are which are faster by design.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

It felt floaty, like many widebodies. Maybe that was a pitch issue. I dunno. Also, it was very stop and go with the way that upper left saucer is implemented. Just not my style of play. I really wanted to enjoy gameplay more because I love the theme integration. The whole look and sound of it is stellar. For those that don’t mind the stop and go, slower wide open playfield it could be a great fit. I just don’t know that I’d call it adrenaline inducing the way others mentioned in this thread are which are faster by design.

sounds like it needed to be pitched higher..and that ball hold or whatever with the upper left saucer sounds like a doozy...I don't mind video modes, or JM gloves moving..If I'm in control (basically) of the delay, then I don't mind..but if I'm not..it IS staggy for me. (like that ball scoop in GotG-laggy..everything else is awesome on that machine).

1 week later
#80 1 year ago

TWD Pro with an external sub. It will kick your butt and make you frustrated, the shots are slightly odd but they have flow and the pops are like being in the middle of a bar fight. The sounds are brutal and thematic, the animations are gross and awesome, and the playfield is appropriately ugly. But when you get it going and start collecting weapons to qualify Horde, then the Horde light starts going crazy and you make the shot to start it, I guarantee that you will have goosebumps as the mode starts. Then the game turns it up another notch! So fun, I doubt that I'll ever let mine go. A good external subwoofer really adds to the effects and atmosphere of the game. I have a new TNA CE and yes, it is brutal in a very different way, but TWD is more immersive. I need an Iron Man some day to check out what all of it's brutal hype is about.

#82 1 year ago

tna, fastest game ive ever played. ass kicker.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

F'ing Stern Stars

Well… you do need to be a person that gets adrenaline from hard kicks to the sack for that.

#84 1 year ago

If you don't get a TNA 2.0 because it's too expensive and want to save some cash just find a Flash Gordon.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you don't get a TNA 2.0 because it's too expensive and want to save some cash just find a Flash Gordon.

Have had both. Both are adrenaline inducing.

If you want to really get your blood going enter a pinball tournament. Doesn't really need to be anything crazy, but playing a "must win" game can really get your blood pumping. Was knocked out on Cyclone last night.

Also... screw Strikes and Spares.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

or if money is no object..Legends of Vahala (sp)..maybe the theme isn't adreniline-enducing, but the 2d clausterphobic 'old school' design really keeps you on your toes..I just picked up a Mando Pro, and I have to say that f#cker really keeps you on your toes..really surprised me..it 'aint no gimmie!

#87 1 year ago

If you crank the sound. Like, really crank the sound…. I’d go

TNA - the beat gets you instantly hyped.

ACDC - even though I hate the game, it’s still a rush with the sound jacked. Especially the pro, the game play is fast and brutal and matches the song’s tempo.

1 year later
#88 50 days ago

Still in seach. Was hoping Venom could provide my desired adrenaline boost, but still to be determined.

In the meantime, I need a kick ass, in your face, MF'in fast paced, adrenalin inducing game in my lineup!

Thinking of getting an Iron Man again, a TNA, or ... for classic brutalty ... a Fire Power or F14.

What say ye?

#89 50 days ago

Still in seach. Was hoping Venom could provide my desired adrenaline boost, but still to be determined.
In the meantime, I need a kick ass, in your face, MF'in fast paced, adrenalin inducing game in my lineup!
Thinking of getting an Iron Man again, a TNA, or ... for classic brutalty ... a Fire Power or F14.
What say ye?

How does IMDN not fit this bill?

I've owned an F14. Fun pin. If I had room and money I'd have kept it. It did get a little stale as a single pin because really, where can the ball go on it with that huge centerpiece of standups with locks up top? You are left veering right or left for a safer shot to get you up top. Fun for sure, but when it was a one game lineup it wasn't the one. You don't have that problem, though...

#90 50 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

How does IMDN not fit this bill?

For me (at least) IMDN is a control/ball cradle - try to make the shots and keep alive type of game.

I'm in need of a more non-stop game!

#91 50 days ago

The pins listed here are a laundry list of everything we own. In short, if I’m not fighting a pin, I’m (probably) not interested.

My collection:

TNA CE
Fish Tales (set up hard)
AFM (set up hard)

Other suggestions:

Flash Gordon (with the murderous pop bumpers)
Stern Star Wars
The Walking Dead
Iron Man (knife fight in a phone booth)

It does depend on whether you just want speed (e.g. No Fear, Getaway, Indy 500, Tron) or want to stay on your toes (e.g. Stern JP2, The Walking Dead). Venom is fast, but not super-hard. Star Wars is fast *and* hard.

#92 50 days ago

What others have said. TNA, Flash Gordon, Stern Star Wars.

#93 50 days ago

Metallica - aided by the music. Playing pinball to their song “battery” blasting is one of my favorites.

#94 50 days ago

For modern brutality, add a JB60 to your collection. It's like Beatles, only better.

For a cheaper classic alternative, I think Rollergames is more fun than F14 or FP.

It's not necessary with RG, but you can disconnect the kickback to increase the challenge. Or if you really want to make it brutal ( esp during mb) disconnect the magnet. You'll have plenty of short challenging games either way.

I also agree that AFM when set up hard is good too. My shallower games are getting a lot more attention lately. The longer playing games can become slogs.

#95 49 days ago
Quoted from Kalipin:

Metallica - aided by the music. Playing pinball to their song “battery” blasting is one of my favorites.

Great game! Just recently sold mine after owning it many years.

Quoted from RTS:

For modern brutality, add a JB60 to your collection. It's like Beatles, only better.

Thanks - it looks like a fun game, but I already have Stern's other James Bond and don't have space for two.

#96 49 days ago

I little birdie told me CGC/Play Mechanix just shipped there first Pulp Fiction last week!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Roseville, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/needing-an-adrenaline-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.