Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F543A11D-2B06-4977-9112-9EC8EE1D7105.gif
DDB6B8E4-0CCC-446E-ACFE-FF807D2D6C84 (resized).png
2AADD7E3-5356-459A-BB59-6A4E239E8618 (resized).jpeg
5E99A95C-5764-4663-A376-B810889956DE (resized).jpeg
2212F5FA-40C7-4F29-993D-414594F72B26 (resized).jpeg
A4D8CF3B-F033-4BD4-ACC7-4682D3F09A05 (resized).jpeg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 13 days ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

ACDC is always my go to game for adrenalin pumping gameplay with awesome Ritchie call outs.

Yes. Just being fast is not enough.

Pure adrenaline when you've built an enormous song jackpot with multiballs flying around, until you suddenly hear the telltale sound of the cannon...as it slowly rotates towards the target... no turning back..

I can't count how many times I've choked trying to multitask.

#52 13 days ago
Quoted from sulli10:

and a non Stern LOV

American did LOV, don't put those sculpts on Stern.

...Now after rereading the post I see what you meant, my bad.

#53 13 days ago

Go for it (TNA 2.0)! Music and lights augment the axe-to-your-face action perfectly. Such a gem.

#54 13 days ago

Iron Man-hitting the alternating ramp shots continuously gets your adrenaline pumping for sure

Star Wars LE/Premium-Hyper, Death Star exploding, juices automatically flow with adrenaline

Led Zeppelin LE/Premium(with sub)- First music gets your heart pumping and then the super fast flow of Ritchie sets in with an ultimate layout and combo monster. If I could only hit upper right ramp shot consistently-I will accept the challenge

TNA(with external sub)-Lights, Camera, Action-has it all-Music,Lights,Layout-best single level game ever made(bring on Elwin 007-you have some tough competition) Seriously nothing like cradling the ball and needing to just hit the reactor-can't count the times I have had adrenaline rushes with TNA (and guest)

Rolling Stones LE-Ceramic ball comes out and it is danger zone time. Fastest game in terms of ball speeds. Hitting ramps and trying to keep control is quite the ride. Also love the pop ups-adds another dimension and skill to take on

Adams Family(with Flipper Fidelity/shaker)-The power sets in-game goes berserk with lights-sounds and magnets-never gets old and for guest probably has the biggest adrenaline rush accompanied by smiles

STTNG-hitting alternating ramp shots-Alpha-Beta-oh feels soooooooo good. Now lean down(head to the glass) for battle sim and see how many consecutive shots you can land. A true Superpin

#55 13 days ago

It sounds like you are looking for what I call a “desperately trying to hang on” type of game.

For any era I would have to also go with F-14. Continuous edge-of-your-seat gameplay.

Modern is Iron Man. Why did you sell it?!

For a hybrid, definitely agree with TNA.

Honorable mentions: Ghostbusters, Tron, Fish Tales, Johnny Mnemonic(minus the glove), BL:SoR pro, AC/DC(particularly if you factor in the tension of trying to cash in a massive Song Jackpot.

#58 13 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

System 11 games kind of scare me though as an owner. Double edged sword and all that.

Not sure I understand the meaning here, sorry.

#59 13 days ago

With the volume turned up!
Rick & Morty is the winner.
As soon as you hit start your in for a wild ride!!

#60 13 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Not sure I understand the meaning here, sorry.

I was thinking in terms of fun gameplay, but constant maintenance. In retrospect, my thinking was garbled though as I was including some games in my mind that aren't actually System 11's.

#61 13 days ago

Might I suggest just getting some adrenaline and injecting it before playing any game?

#62 13 days ago

Old School: Getaway
New School: Rick and Morty

#63 13 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Might I suggest just getting some adrenaline and injecting it before playing any game?

F543A11D-2B06-4977-9112-9EC8EE1D7105.gif
#64 13 days ago

I'd love an Iron Man, but price wise for adrenaline I really don't think F-14 can be beat.

Interested to hear about this remake!

If you've never had F-14 I think we can close thread!

#65 13 days ago

I was thinking in terms of fun gameplay, but constant maintenance. In retrospect, my thinking was garbled though as I was including some games in my mind that aren't actually System 11's.

Got it. To be honest though, with my own games my Sys11’s rarely have any issues… and anything that has come up has seemed easy to resolve, so I have always thought they were sort of fantastic in that way. Maybe I have just been lucky though.

#66 13 days ago

Metallica
Iron Maiden
Tron
Fish Tales
Maybe Deadpool

#67 13 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Got it. To be honest though, with my own games my Sys11’s rarely have any issues… and anything that has come up has seemed easy to resolve, so I have always thought they were sort of fantastic in that way. Maybe I have just been lucky though.

Totally agree. Once you bulletproof them System 11 games are really pretty reliable compared to other eras *cough cough WPC*

#68 13 days ago

What say ye? TNA 2.0? Other? IM Part Deux?

If interested, I have an original TNA with butter cabinet I'll be posting for sale soon. Serial #2. Near perfect condition.

#69 13 days ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Totally agree. Once you bulletproof them System 11 games are really pretty reliable compared to other eras *cough cough WPC*

Space Station will keep you on your toes. No inlanes and no picnic trying to trap the ball. No rest for the wicked!! lol

#70 13 days ago

Good modern adrenaline junkie pins mentioned.
Consider some budget butt kicking on a firepower.

#71 13 days ago

Believe me - I've thought about it.

A bitchin' looking game that I would like to get some time in on. Wild Dog Arcade LOVES theirs!

lol
Alien LV has come into my attention lately and I'm digging its vibe! Not so much the issues that same owners seem to be having with theirs though.

Took a hard look at this game after owning / enjoying its predecessor - High Speed. Definitely a fun looking contender! System 11 games kind of scare me though as an owner. Double edged sword and all that.

BSD is intriguing as well as appealing! Sadly, I've pretty much only played it in digital format.
And we all know that doesn't count!

Kevin has a very nice iron man for sale

#72 13 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Good modern adrenaline junkie pins mentioned.
Consider some budget butt kicking on a firepower.

Yes - lots of good games mentioned! Including some I've already owned and some I currently own.

Firepower was once on my wishlist, and one I coincidentally thought about again while reading posts here, as I've played some fast/brutal ones.

#73 13 days ago

All these votes for F14, but I've found it to be a pretty easy game to control. Shoot the upper loops, keep the action around the targets up there. When it comes down it tends to head towards flippers, not the slings so yo can get control and send it back up. Lots of up n down, little of the more dangerous side-to-side action. Never shoot the center nor Yagov, play safe and it's pretty tame.

+1 for Tron and TWD.

#74 13 days ago

From top to bottom for Intensity in my experience

Tna with out a doubt #1
Tron
Alien (I have a month old machine, small issues , great customer service, no regrets)
Afm
Mm
Sof
Congo

Bksor is in there somewhere, just haven’t played it enough

#75 9 days ago

I'm surprised I haven't heard the following yet..
Whirlwind
X-Men LE (with the fatpanda mix plus the pinduino lights plus shaker).
TMNT (mentioned, but theme doesn't make it pump up as much for me)
Johnny Mnemonic (mentioned)
and, of course, HIGH SPEED. (and not the sequel).
And one I really want- ALIEN LV

#76 8 days ago

Agree with most of the recommendations here but am puzzled by Alien. I’ve played it and thought it was a snoozer

#77 8 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Agree with most of the recommendations here but am puzzled by Alien. I’ve played it and thought it was a snoozer

WOW, good to know..I only played one game on it, at a show..so I didn't get into it at all. Better that I play it and get a feel for it, before blind-buying. And all the issues taboot (which is being taken care of) ..but why do you think it's a snoozer? I'm really curious!

#78 7 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

WOW, good to know..I only played one game on it, at a show..so I didn't get into it at all. Better that I play it and get a feel for it, before blind-buying. And all the issues taboot (which is being taken care of) ..but why do you think it's a snoozer? I'm really curious!

It felt floaty, like many widebodies. Maybe that was a pitch issue. I dunno. Also, it was very stop and go with the way that upper left saucer is implemented. Just not my style of play. I really wanted to enjoy gameplay more because I love the theme integration. The whole look and sound of it is stellar. For those that don’t mind the stop and go, slower wide open playfield it could be a great fit. I just don’t know that I’d call it adrenaline inducing the way others mentioned in this thread are which are faster by design.

#79 7 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

It felt floaty, like many widebodies. Maybe that was a pitch issue. I dunno. Also, it was very stop and go with the way that upper left saucer is implemented. Just not my style of play. I really wanted to enjoy gameplay more because I love the theme integration. The whole look and sound of it is stellar. For those that don’t mind the stop and go, slower wide open playfield it could be a great fit. I just don’t know that I’d call it adrenaline inducing the way others mentioned in this thread are which are faster by design.

sounds like it needed to be pitched higher..and that ball hold or whatever with the upper left saucer sounds like a doozy...I don't mind video modes, or JM gloves moving..If I'm in control (basically) of the delay, then I don't mind..but if I'm not..it IS staggy for me. (like that ball scoop in GotG-laggy..everything else is awesome on that machine).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
6,500 (OBO)
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!