• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marvel_Comics_Super_Special_Vol_1_16.jpg
EjhpxdD.jpg
Spoiler_Tweet.jpg
Spoiler.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

She...is a he.

#38 8 years ago

5.5 hours...until I get in line for an 8:00 show.

*sigh*

#44 8 years ago

Episode VII: The Reboot

#53 8 years ago

If you want to save a couple bucks, just watch Episode IV instead.

They're pretty much the same movie.

Say what you want about Lucas and his terrible ideas (Eps. 1-3, not 4-6), but at least they were original.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

In order to do that he needed to re-hash some old stuff

"some"?!? I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, so I won't get into the specifics. I went with two of my brothers and we all said to each other towards the end of the movie, "If they start putting medals around people's necks, we're out of here".

#61 8 years ago

I liked it, but only because Lucas had destroyed the franchise so badly with 1-3. Him selling the brand to Disney was the best thing that could have happened. I love JJ Abrams. From Lost to Super 8, I've seen it all. I just wish this movie would have been a little more original.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Kylo Ren.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've seen it twice now.
On second viewing I enjoyed the first half even more, and the second half even less.
I know Disney wanted to play it safe with their $4 billion investment, but it didn't have to be THAT safe. All it had to do was "not suck" -which it accomplished - just wish it had a fresher story (so sick of Death Stars)

Finally! Someone who viewed the movie through a different lense.

Did the movie suck? Not at all.
Was it original? Uhhh, not really.

I'm excited for Ep. 8, I just wish it didn't borrow so much from Ep. 4 and 5.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from kismetnumber1:

HA - HA!!!! I said the exact same thing!!! That's hysterical. I saw the 9:00 am show today. Theatre was packed! As the credits starts rolling you hear these two half-hearted claps coming from the rear of the theatre and I'm sitting there cringing and wondering if anyone else was going to join in. Nobody did. When people started lining up to walk out... let's just say that I've seen livelier funeral processions.
Again... when I saw "Phantom Menace"... I was mad. That was just a bad movie. When I saw this... I was more sad. It had the potential to be so good. The look... the pace... that new girl... they were all really good. But the story was just dumb. Really, another Death Star.... that's the best they could do???? I think JJ is only capable of Reboots at this point. Originality is out the door.

The fall back excuse seems to be, "They played it safe with this one because of all the negativity with the last three that came out".

Translation: Lucas tried something new, people didn't like it, so just go back and rehash the next three. Appease the masses, make them forget I-III, and everyone will be happy again.

Seriously, I don't want to give anything away, but VIII is set up to basically to be Empire all over again!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/needed-rules-for-new-star-wars-movie-1?tu=dirtbag66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.