You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_2125.jpg
image.jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Hi Guys

Trying to figure out a wiring issue with the system 11 guys who have been very helpful. Now, if I could just find an owner with a working Jokerz to assist with a wiring question on the bottom of the playfield associated with relay board C-19988-1

Help greatly appreciated

Thanks all

George

#2 8 years ago

I have a jokerz but I too have some 'wiring anomalies' so can't guarantee what's there is right. The previous owner has a few 'custom wires' and a took out a few lights, including most of the flashers. I guess they were 'problem solving'.

However i can send pics of an area if your looking, maybe it will help.

#3 8 years ago

Hi Vac

Excellent. Thanks for the willingness to assist.

Would you be ok with talking directly as we both look at our respective machines?

Maybe I can help you in one area and you can assist me in another.

216-407-6553. If ok to call. If not, no issue. I can do it by pics and asking questions in writing

Thank you again

George

#4 8 years ago

Hi George, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll PM my number and some time frames that should work. I just moved out her to CO so will need some time tomorrow to hunt down my keys, but over due since I have replacement plastics on the way and I'm looking forward to finishing up the playfield

#5 8 years ago

are replacement plastics for Jokerz available?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

are replacement plastics for Jokerz available?

Not that i've been able to find, you can buy a new upper play field but not plastics. Its not a horribly popular game so harder to come by than most.

I've been looking for a right slingshot for about a year and finally caved and bought a whole used set just to replace mine.

#7 8 years ago

I've talked to Rick at PPS.

He said that Jokerz replacement plastics are "in the works".

But then again, he says the same thing about a lot of things.

#8 8 years ago

Its a tough machine to support, there isn't much demand. Its not a top tier or even second tier game. Still fun and underrated. If only we could convince Pinball Arcade to make a digital version, then the value would tip in our favor.

I only paid $150 for my jokers, it started up, seemed to be complete, but had an error, indicating the battery. After replacing the battery holder entirely, still no go, so more work needs to be done. However while cleaning up the playfield I found that all of the flashers were missing sockets and wires, one plug on my interconnect board has all of its wires cut, and some janky wires running from the powersupply and one of the main boards. I suspect the interconnect board started to fail, and some clown made some 'refinements' to keep the machine playable.

I'd be happy to have a playable machine with some LED's, so that's what i'm shooting for. Not a full resto, but its in nice shape, so won't be hard to keep it presentable enough to drag to shows.

Good luck on your own.

JR

#9 8 years ago

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a documented HUO Jokerz.

I can't believe how unbelievably clean this pin is.

#10 8 years ago

Hey Indy

Could you take a look under the playfield right by the ramp. There are two black sockets with blue and red wires attached. Do you have regular lamps in here or flasher lamps

Thank you

George
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#11 8 years ago

GPS,

I'll have to get back w/ you tomorrow on that.

Getting ready to call it a night.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Do you have regular lamps in here or flasher lamps

It is not a GI lamp, and there is no diode so it must be a 906 bulb. To know for sure measure the voltage on the red wire, I bet it reads @ 28 volts DC.

#13 8 years ago

If anybody needs replacements Plastics on Jokerz send me a PM. I have ramps, I think a full used set in good condition, a working sound board, and a working aux board.

#14 8 years ago

Hey Grumpy

Thank you. Have notbooweredbupbthe game since I hit it home. Not quite ready for that stage yet. I'll take your word on it. Still trying to get things properly squared away on this game. Enjoying the process

Thanks again

George

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Enjoying the process

Thats half the fun of it.

#16 8 years ago

GPS,

Those sockets are for 906 style flashers.

DSC_2125.jpgDSC_2125.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Thank you Indy. Have them ordered. Very helpful as there was nothing there. I am slowly dissolving the mysteries of this machine. I just hope when I turn it on it all goes well!!

Thanks again

G

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/needed-jokerz-owner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.