Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161007_115927 (resized).jpeg
20161007_115956 (resized).jpeg

#1 7 years ago

Bought a Solar City a while back and been trying to get it working. Finally got it mostly there, it's resetting properly finally. Anyway, while I was working on the score motor I noticed the Bonus Unit looked odd. Then I realized it's totally missing the Wiper Assembly (correct term) that attaches the unit. It's the small board that has the little plungers that touch the contacts on the unit. It's completely missing. Hoping somebody here might have one to sell me? Hoping that all I need is the missing wiper assembly and attach it, maybe get lucky.

Attached are 2 pictures, the first one is of the unit with the missing wiper and the second one is from another mechanism showing a similar wiper actually attached.

Thanks, David

20161007_115956 (resized).jpeg20161007_115956 (resized).jpeg

20161007_115927 (resized).jpeg20161007_115927 (resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Contact Steve at Pinball Resource if you cannot find one from someone here or on eBay. He either has them in stock or can make them.

#3 7 years ago

There should also be a metal shaft with a gear, that the wiper assembly attaches to. Don't see it in the lower photo.

#4 7 years ago

Good call Darcy.

I would give Steve at Pinball Resource a call as I do not see anything on eBay right now that would work unless once again someone here has a whole unit you can swap out. A Target Alpha/Canada Dry would be the same Bonus Unit. These are the part #'s you need:

Bonus Unit Gear and Shaft: A-16154

Wiper: B-17378

#5 7 years ago

Thanks guys, as usual! I'll wait for a little before going to Steve, hoping somebody has a spare unit. Have feelers out already to people who could have them. PM me if you have something.

#6 7 years ago

Is there a way to change the Topic Title? Thinking a should put "Bonus Stepper Unit or Wiper Assembly" in there.

BTW, can somebody take a picture or two of the complete Bonus Unit for Solar City (or a unit that would be the same)? Would like to know what it's this specific unit is supposed to look like.

Thanks

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Good call Darcy.
I would give Steve at Pinball Resource a call as I do not see anything on eBay right now that would work unless once again someone here has a whole unit you can swap out. A Target Alpha/Canada Dry would be the same Bonus Unit. These are the part #'s you need:
Bonus Unit Gear and Shaft: A-16154
Wiper: B-17378

I would take a browse thru the Gottlieb parts catalog, I would bet that there are a few machines that use the same unit.
Went thru the same thing with my Royal Guard project.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks folks.

Just spoke to Steve at PBR, he doesn't have the parts, but could make something. Suggested I keep trying to find the parts first and then get back to him. Informed me that the following games have the same components. Would like to get the entire Bonus Unit, but getting the Gear/Shaft would be great and the wiper would be good as well. Help.

Target Alpha
Canada Dry
Solar City
Bank Shot
Sure Shot
maybe others ....

Thanks, David

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/needed-gottlieb-solar-city-wiper-assembly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.