Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Chet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I’m trying to figure out why my sound went bad and why my attract mode features have vanished. I’m assumming a rom went bad so I’d like to replace them to see if this fixes it. I’d like the best playable rom available. Where can I get them all? Thanks

#2 1 year ago

I don't know what "the best" is, but you can get the ROMs from ipdb.org .

#3 1 year ago

meloyelo51 has a shop offering ROMs here on Pinside and excellent customer service.

1 week later
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

meloyelo51 has a shop offering ROMs here on Pinside and excellent customer service.

Thanks for the referral!

Yes I can help if you need them burned...I am licensed/authorized to do Bally/Williams' games.
If you just need rom images to burn yourself you can download from planetarypinball.com or I second ipdb.org
Off the top of my head, normally I would think you would be getting checksum or boot errors if the roms went bad, but it is possible depending on the game.

You also may want to try a factory reset and check your batteries. Memory could have corruption. If you still have batteries....you SHOULD replace with NVRAM. (be sure to write down any settings/audits you don't want to lose as they will be cleared)

#5 1 year ago

Before changing game and sound ROMs, start by reseating ALL connectors and ribbon cables on your CPU board and sound board one at a time to see if things change. Press on the ROM chips to make sure they are not loose in their sockets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside