• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by psd4me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello.

Looking to have my White Water shopped.

Game works great but is in need of some TLC.

I'm in the Chicago area and had a deal with a guy to do it but he flaked.

I have new mountains, cabinet decals and side blades and I'd like to powder coat.

Can you recommend someone reputable please.

Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

topscore gamerooms will do it for you, but they are just south of st. louis

#3 4 years ago

That sounds like a lot more than a shop. You want a restoration.

#4 4 years ago

You're right, I guess it is more of a restoration. Can you recommend anyone in the Chicago area? Thanks.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

You're right, I guess it is more of a restoration. Can you recommend anyone in the Chicago area? Thanks.

What's your timeline? Mike

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I'm not in a big hurry but would like to get the ball rolling soon.

#7 4 years ago

No better time to learn. White Water is intensive, but if you can shop it, you'll be able to shop any game in the future. I'm currently documenting my restore in a YouTube series. Expect that you will find a lot more broken parts along the way. You may want new ramps if you're planning a full resto. Very common to see the big foot ramp broken at the micro switch mount, disaster drop broken behind the lock target and sometimes the spiner chiller broken behind the lock target as well. Insanity falls usually doesn't break, I held off on replacing mine but I think I will replace it eventually. Pretty common to see the plastic under the whirlpool broken and they're getting harder and harder to find. I would pick up a set of cliffys and switch slot protectors as well. Expect to fully rebuild all 3 flippers and make sure the lower left flipper has the correct orange coil on it. It will save your targets and boulders. I can go on and on, there's a lot to look out for on White Water but it's one of the few games that you will truly appreciate if you shop it yourself.

#8 4 years ago

I agree. Whitewater is really not that hard to shop as people make it out to be. Not the easiest with all the ramps but same process. Important thing is to take pictures as you disassemble and keep hardware organized. I keep everything in bags and label them with notes where they go. Label connectors so you know which ones go together. It's a good way to learn more about the game and how to maintain it. I also like to make sure everything is cleaned and fixed properly. Paying someone is always a gamble that they will do high quality work.

#9 4 years ago

I wonder if Gavin would do this??

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I wonder if Gavin would do this??

All props to Gavin and his amazing work, but I am 0-2 that guy doing anything out in my area. MajorDrainer are you really in Chicago, or the burbs like me? I think Gavin is partial to the city and closer burbs. No judgement here, but Ive never been able to hook up with him. I hear his work is top notch.

Quoted from psd4me:

Hey now, I have games in line....lol.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

All props to Gavin and his amazing work, but I am 0-2 that guy doing anything out in my area. majordrainer are you really in Chicago, or the burbs like me? I think Gavin is partial to the city and closer burbs. No judgement here, but Ive never been able to hook up with him. I hear his work is top notch.

Actually in NW suburban Mt Prospect.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I know, I know just been thinking about getting a little more serious about this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-white-water-shopped-in-chicago-area?hl=majordrainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.