Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by fusion301
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

I posted some picts from a dealer selling a TZ, he claimes it to be collector Quality, Im not seeing that but is this in working order in your opinion worth $3995 plus shipping, or should I hold out for something more local.

Also being unfamiliar with the intricate underside of TZ does everything appear to be there - non hacked etc.

http://evolvestudios.com/TZ/album1/

opinions and thoughts

also thanks to bigcatdriller for sending the contact along,
I know I know Im trying to become part of your little TZ club

#2 14 years ago

Looks really nice, but not "collector" condition by any means. So he is overstating it for sure. Offer him less, money talks.

*edit* why no shots of the upper playfield either? Gotta see that.

#3 14 years ago

My thoughts also maldoror - whats your thoughts on pricing, lets not compare that recent score but in the normal realm of things.

I would imagine collector quality 5-6k+

#4 14 years ago

I have browsed through the photos and here are some of my thoughts in random order:

- The cabinet is not faded at all! That's great for any TZ.
- Siderails look fine but the legs are a bit rusty
- I hardly see any damage to the cabinet
- Playfield is in very fine shape. No wear at the piano or slot machine scoops.
- All target look clean and again not much wear.
- The blurry pic makes it hard to see if there is any wear around the loop (spiral) magnets.
- Backbox and cabinet are clean inside, a sign of good maintenance. The "subways" under the playfield look very clean.
- Inserts around the door panel seem to be fine. Sometimes these stick out, this game looks to be fine in that area.
- See that shooter lane photo? This game hasn't seen that many games, hardly any wear.

All in all, I would say this game is in pretty nice condition. It always hard to judge from photos and you should play the game to check for errors (and check the DMD), but the game looks good from what I have seen.

As for the price. It seems a bit steep. Our price index has the estimated price of this machine between $2870 and $3330 (Based on 85 auction results). If the game is in 100% working order you could offer up to (but no more than) $ 3500. Well, that's my 2 cents.

#5 14 years ago

Great analysis Robin - thanks for the input, apparently it spent the last 10 years in storage, I have heard that before but alot of things point to it being a fairly clean machine
as you noted. unfortunately Id have to drive about 16hours to play it, however one of the guys on pinside (bigdrillcat) has already played it and said its a very nice machine. we shall see.

#6 14 years ago

Looks really good! I think in this case I would buy it

#7 14 years ago

I got that itch - damn I hate when I get that - especially considering I started with my first pin 4 Months ago, and this will be the fourth one LOL freaking nuts

#8 14 years ago

Once you get one pin, you can't stop fusion301. They multiply. You should know this by know.

GL on your TZ!

#9 14 years ago

i SWEAR that price said $3795 last week. in any case, you may be able to talk him down a little bit.

i played it and to me, it seemed flawless (he has 2 of them i guess, and that is the exact one i played in the pics). however, this is just after playing one at an arcade that has seen better days, so my judgement may have been skewed. at any rate, it was nice enough for me to consider selling my motorcycle at a loss to buy it (then i came to my senses). i am pretty sure you won't be let down with it, but obviously the better deal you get, the happier you will be with it.

#10 14 years ago

by the way, i may be able to swing in there again sunday and do a serious buyer's inspection.

#11 14 years ago

That would be awesome - Im going to hit you up by phone just got tied up tonite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-tz-expert-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.