• Latest reply 10 years ago by toddsvec
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2040.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have one light stuck-on and 3 lights with no power on my Flight 2000. Looks like I’m going to have to change some transistors but I can’t quite read the schematic. Looks like 2N5060 and MCR106-1A but those numbers don’t match anything at GPE. Are those the correct numbers? Are they old numbers? Is there a substitute?

Thanks

Bob

IMG_2040.JPGIMG_2040.JPG
#2 10 years ago

Those are correct #'s and you should be able to find them. However, I just use a parts lamp driver board and take off what I need.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks Pb,

Is there a substitute for those?

#5 10 years ago

Thanks Ken,

For some reason my search didn't show them before. I just placed my order.

Bob

#6 10 years ago

you can use 5060, 5061, 5062, 5063, and 5064 transistors, 106-1 106-6 for the larger scr's

#7 10 years ago

There are lots of part numbers that will be exceptable substitutions. I should mention these are not transistors. They come in the same package, but function differently.

The smaller ones.
2n5060, 2n5064, MCR100, EC103

The larger ones...
MCR106, T106, C106

Great plains i am sure sells these as well as Tayda Electronics is where i get mine.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I ordered 2N5064's and MCR106-6's along with a bunch of connectors and pins from GPE. So far the only lights that are out are controlled by the smaller ones, but I got a few larger ones just in case.

I just read up on SCR's (Silicon Controlled Rectifier). My hat's off to you guys that know this stuff. It ain't easy.

Thanks for all your help.

Bob

#9 10 years ago

I sell a quickie kit that contains 10 of each 2N5060 and MCR-106, if it turns out to be ICs, I have kits for those too:

http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/repairkits/bally_kits.htm#b-lamp1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-transistors-for-light-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.