(Topic ID: 233046)

Need to sell 3 machines :-/

By EricHadley

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which 3 do I sell? :-/”

• AC/DC Premium Vault 10 votes
      3%
    • Star Trek LE 11 votes
      3%
    • The Walking Dead LE 9 votes
      2%
    • Total Nuclear Annihilation 24 votes
      6%
    • Spider-Man Black 11 votes
      3%
    • Wizard of Oz RR 22 votes
      6%
    • The Lord of the Rings 6 votes
      2%
    • The Simpsons Pinball Party 21 votes
      6%
    • Metallica Premium 9 votes
      2%
    • Medieval Madness LE 12 votes
      3%
    • Attack from Mars LE 8 votes
      2%
    • Monster Bash LE 5 votes
      1%
    • Monopoly 167 votes
      44%
    • Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle 52 votes
      14%
    • Dialed-In LE 14 votes
      4%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13F684A4-999D-4B0F-AA75-74037F779004 (resized).jpeg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Better half is on me to clear out some space. I have 15 currently and really only room for 12. So which 3 do I part ways with? :-/

Each person can only pick one, this is to avoid people from selecting all 15. So pick your #1 I should sell.

So sad as I love them all.

#2 5 years ago

I'm surprised to even see Monopoly mixed in with that group. Monopoly lasted only about a couple months in my collection. The sounds began to irritate the entire family - me included.

#3 5 years ago

Your wife isn’t on the list.

#4 5 years ago

Monopoly, Monopoly, Monopoly

#5 5 years ago

Did you forget to put "better half" on the poll?

#6 5 years ago

I agree monopoly is easily the front runner....the next 2 are digging deep though and will be painful.

#7 5 years ago

Rent an apartment somewhere, fill it with games. Voila, instant man cave she can’t interfere with. Of course, she’ll prob accuse you of an affair though so minor drawback there. But hey, ya got a place to crash now, right?

#8 5 years ago

Before I vote, I need to know if it's truly just space, or do you want to free up some cash.

People are saying Monopoly, but if your looking for a cash bump, that won't do much for your pocket. (Relatively speaking)

#9 5 years ago

Also doesn’t help I am eyeing a funhouse to pickup this weekend...........

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Before I vote, I need to know if it's truly just space, or do you want to free up some cash.
    People are saying Monopoly, but if your looking for a cash bump, that won't do much for your pocket.

All about the space.

#11 5 years ago

Because Monopoly is clearly the front runner, I'll go a different direction. I had TSPP for a year and although fun, it got tedious. I almost dreaded having a good game because it would be 40+ minutes.

#12 5 years ago

Dang I would have thought monopoly would have done better than that haha. Maybe because I want one and it’s in my price range. Good game

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Dang I would have thought monopoly would have done better than that haha. Maybe because I want one and it’s in my price range. Good game

Monopoly is a very underrated game, I do have fun playing it. But when I compare it to my other 14 it’s on the short list of games that gotta go.

#14 5 years ago

I vote for the hour per game-game.

#15 5 years ago

Sell the ones you don't play. Very simple.

#16 5 years ago

Ill be in Denver sunday through thursday with a truck. Let me know what you want to dump monopoly for.

#17 5 years ago

Acdc, tspp, monopoly... In that order

#18 5 years ago

Monopoly, TSPP, ACNC

#19 5 years ago

Monopoly, ACNC, and AC/DC Premium.

#20 5 years ago

Can't tell if that's a lot of hate on AC/DC or people hoping it comes up for sale

I couldn't pick a specific one, but I'd look at it by the one you've had the longest but play the least rather than by name.

#21 5 years ago

Tough list. There are games like LOTR, ST LE, and WOZ that I would have no problems letting go and you would get good money for them. Easy to sell, too. I like Monopoly not sure I would let that go so fast. Pretty good game for the money imo. ACNC would also be good to go but to be honest never played one. I would focus on games you have had the longest and don't play much. Even great games get a bit old after a while.

#22 5 years ago

Sell 3 Monopolys. Problem solved.

#23 5 years ago

Monopoly, Nightmare Castle, and the wife.

#24 5 years ago

my order to go would be monopoly,TSPP,ACNC, #4 would probably be Spider-Man. I love the game and have one. But it does get long and boring after awhile

#25 5 years ago

Cant you rearange the room
    Move stuff so you only havr to loose 1?

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Cant you rearange the room
    Move stuff so you only havr to loose 1?

Nope, 12 is the right number for the game room. The overflow 3 are invading the bar

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Nope, 12 is the right number for the game room. The overflow 3 are invading the bar

Put them ad a friends house? Then you can chsnge your line up and make a friend happy!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Put them ad a friends house? Then you can chsnge your line up and make a friend happy!

That is an idea. I have done that before. Might be worth consideration, does let me horde more machines that way

#29 5 years ago

Problem solved!

#30 5 years ago

why does everyone assume better half = wife?

I would sell Monopoly, LOTR, and TSPP

oldest games and been there done that...

I also would sell quite a few others and dive a bit deeper into more pre-DMD stuff

#31 5 years ago

I elected to not eliminate monopoly. Sure, compared to the rest of that collection, it isn’t a stand out great. But that collection is mostly top tiered, so having a game like monopoly can really mix it up when you want something quirky and different.

My votes would be for Alice Cooper or TSPP. But honestly, depends on what your attached to the least.

#32 5 years ago

That's an amazing list. I'd say monopoly, as everyone already stated, but Alice Cooper and probably Spiderman (as you already have star trek).

#33 5 years ago

Well. I expected Monopoly to take a hit. I feel it's underrated, but when I look at my collection it for sure is on the short list to sell.
    Gets tough after that.
    I actually don't have ACNC yet, but I have played it a lot and feel like it'll be a keeper for a while. So that one isn't leaving.
    Monster Bash LE is inbound next week and I love that game so a keeper.
    TnA is also newer to me and I enjoy it, so not leaving.
    WoZ.....Just got the monkey mod and still love to play the game and have not mastered it. Plus its beautiful. Staying.
    LotR....In the middle of installing a Ron Kruzman play field in it. Going to be gorgeous. Staying
    TSPP....also will get a RK play field and I love the game. Keeper.

Fudge, where to go from there.....

Well, MMr LE and AFM rLE serial matches with MBr LE and belong together. So staying.
    Dialed In LE.....one of my favorites.

Whats left? ST LE, TWD LE, MET, AC/DC, Black Spiderman

Well shit that's a hell of a list to pick 2 from.....I just can't do it!

#34 5 years ago

Then I say BSM or STLE

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Whats left? ST LE, TWD LE, MET, AC/DC, Black Spiderman
    Well shit that's a hell of a list to pick 2 from.....I just can't do it!

I let my STLE go a long time ago and don't really miss it. It's perhaps the most beautiful LE that Stern has made, but for me the modes just don't have enough variety and the playfield art is pretty dull. MET prem or AC/DC prem would be easy to pick up again in the future if you really wanted them back.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Your wife isn’t on the list.

This has bumper sticker written all over it

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I let my STLE go a long time ago and don't really miss it. It's perhaps the most beautiful LE that Stern has made, but for me the modes just don't have enough variety and the playfield art is pretty dull. MET prem or AC/DC prem would be easy to pick up again in the future if you really wanted them back.

ST LE is beautiful, but I've had it a long time. It might have to go on the short list for sure. I prefer MET over AC/DC but I've had MET longer and AC/DC is somewhat newer to me but I guess if it comes to it AC/DC would be on the go list.....Though I guess I have maybe 6 months before ACNC is here so I can hang onto AC/DC for a few months.

So maybe thats it! Monopoly and ST LE up for sale now and AC/DC this spring. 1st world problems........

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Can't tell if that's a lot of hate on AC/DC or people hoping it comes up for sale

Hate

Quoted from Whysnow:

why does everyone assume better half = wife?

Odds.

#39 5 years ago

Take a look at the six games you have owned the longest

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

ST LE is beautiful, but I've had it a long time. It might have to go on the short list for sure. I prefer MET over AC/DC but I've had MET longer and AC/DC is somewhat newer to me but I guess if it comes to it AC/DC would be on the go list.....Though I guess I have maybe 6 months before ACNC is here so I can hang onto AC/DC for a few months.
    So maybe thats it! Monopoly and ST LE up for sale now and AC/DC this spring. 1st world problems........

After the new restrictions to what stays and what can go, I would agree with you.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

After the new restrictions to what stays and what can go, I would agree with you.

Yeah, I didn't add restrictions at first because I wanted to see what people thought. But already had in my mind some that were not going, at least for now.

#42 5 years ago

Easy. The wife

#43 5 years ago

The only option that seems to fit is 'build on to house'. This can get better half approval by promising to give them a percentage of footage.

#44 5 years ago

Well if it isnt about money rent a storage unit and just rotate machines in and out of line up

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Schabs81:

Well if it isnt about money rent a storage unit and just rotate machines in and out of line up

hmmmmmm hadn't thought about that! Climate controlled storage! Wouldn't need to be very big! Hey!

Those big indoor ones with hallway after hallway of garage doors are super creepy though! I feel like I am on the Nostromo waiting for a Xenomorph (Internecivus raptus) to come around the corner and punch through my heart with his punchy mouth thingy

#46 5 years ago

Monopoly, obviously....TSPP also, the only reason I still have mine is because the wife likes it. Game bores me to death, I play it once or twice a year. I don't need a game to last an hour.

Spider Man, AFM and Star Trek are all basically the same game - bash toy in the middle, fan layout - pick one or two and let them go. Of the 3, SM Black would be the hardest to replace.....

#47 5 years ago

Monopoly
    The Simpsons Pinball Party

I'd sell those in a heart beat

Let the wife be happy to see those go

Sell the Star Trek LE to me..

#49 5 years ago

I had a storage unit for a bit and I can tell you that YOU DO NOT WANT ONE!

Also, Spiderman is not as epic as it once was back when it was the latest and greatest game.

LOTR plays way too long. TSPP plays long. STLE is ok but not an epic game compared to other Stern's IMHO.

3 machines I would NEVER even consider buying are MMLE, MBLE, and ACNC.

So there, I solved your problem. 6 less machines to wonder about. As soon as that LOTR is reassembled, dump it.

I just don't understand people. You can always buy ANY machine on your list back from some nice soul sometime in the future or play ANY of them in just about any major city or any major show these days.

You WOULD have some problems with machines that are much harder to replace. I wouldn't worry at all about selling games like those that you've posted. I sold my Tron and was like, "Oh well there it goes. Maybe some day I will buy another."

Most machines in your collection are not there because they are well designed pinball games. I could point out flaws with all of them and why I don't like them but there's just no fun in that any more.

Ten years ago there was no where to play this stuff. Today, the opportunities to play just about any game you want at any time are essentially endless. It's beginning to change the veteran collectors and players and in time, you will see the way as well.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Monopoly, obviously....TSPP also, the only reason I still have mine is because the wife likes it. Game bores me to death, I play it once or twice a year. I don't need a game to last an hour.
    Spider Man, AFM and Star Trek are all basically the same game - bash toy in the middle, fan layout - pick one or two and let them go. Of the 3, SM Black would be the hardest to replace.....

oh, I missed LOTR on the list - makes it even easier. Monopoly, LOTR, and TSPP.

That was easy.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-to-sell-3-machines-?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.