(Topic ID: 233046)

Need to sell 3 machines :-/

By EricHadley

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which 3 do I sell? :-/”

• AC/DC Premium Vault 10 votes
      3%
    • Star Trek LE 11 votes
      3%
    • The Walking Dead LE 9 votes
      2%
    • Total Nuclear Annihilation 24 votes
      6%
    • Spider-Man Black 11 votes
      3%
    • Wizard of Oz RR 22 votes
      6%
    • The Lord of the Rings 6 votes
      2%
    • The Simpsons Pinball Party 21 votes
      6%
    • Metallica Premium 9 votes
      2%
    • Medieval Madness LE 12 votes
      3%
    • Attack from Mars LE 8 votes
      2%
    • Monster Bash LE 5 votes
      1%
    • Monopoly 167 votes
      44%
    • Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle 52 votes
      14%
    • Dialed-In LE 14 votes
      4%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13F684A4-999D-4B0F-AA75-74037F779004 (resized).jpeg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinLen83:

Monopoly, Nightmare Castle, and the wife.

Hang on a sec, lets see a picture of the wife first at least.

John

#52 5 years ago

Sell 'em all! Start fresh.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sell the Star Trek LE to me..

One down!

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I had a storage unit for a bit and I can tell you that YOU DO NOT WANT ONE!
    Also, Spiderman is not as epic as it once was back when it was the latest and greatest game.
    LOTR plays way too long. TSPP plays long. STLE is ok but not an epic game compared to other Stern's IMHO.
    3 machines I would NEVER even consider buying are MMLE, MBLE, and ACNC.
    So there, I solved your problem. 6 less machines to wonder about. As soon as that LOTR is reassembled, dump it.
    I just don't understand people. You can always buy ANY machine on your list back from some nice soul sometime in the future or play ANY of them in just about any major city or any major show these days.
    You WOULD have some problems with machines that are much harder to replace. I wouldn't worry at all about selling games like those that you've posted. I sold my Tron and was like, "Oh well there it goes. Maybe some day I will buy another."
    Most machines in your collection are not there because they are well designed pinball games. I could point out flaws with all of them and why I don't like them but there's just no fun in that any more.
    Ten years ago there was no where to play this stuff. Today, the opportunities to play just about any game you want at any time are essentially endless. It's beginning to change the veteran collectors and players and in time, you will see the way as well.

Some parts of the country/world don't have those luxuries.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Some parts of the country/world don't have those luxuries.

So travel or move to a place that does. You either like pinball or you don't.

#56 5 years ago

Does your better half have a favorite game? Sell that one first.

#57 5 years ago

Obviously you must have more room somewhere...possibly remove the non essentials...Couch, who needs it. Refrigerator, stuff like that.I did check the game room thread but your post was over 2 years so I assume that chair in your gameroom is long gone.

#58 5 years ago

I was thinking about getting a STLE, but seeing it unloaded from this list makes me wonder if that is a good idea...

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Obviously you must have more room somewhere...possibly remove the non essentials...Couch, who needs it. Refrigerator, stuff like that.I did check the game room thread but your post was over 2 years so I assume that chair in your gameroom is long gone.

We moved in April 2017 because we needed more room for pinball. So that was probably an old pic of games stuffed in every room of the house. Now we have a proper game room and bar, but the correct sizing of the game room is 12. Can I stuff more, yes but then its untidy and uncomfortable.

#60 5 years ago

Sell them all, buy a bigger house with the money, start collecting again!

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

We moved in April 2017 because we needed more room for pinball. So that was probably an old pic of games stuffed in every room of the house.

Sounds like it’s already time for an expansion project!!
    People do all the time!

13F684A4-999D-4B0F-AA75-74037F779004 (resized).jpeg13F684A4-999D-4B0F-AA75-74037F779004 (resized).jpeg
    #62 5 years ago

Weall, obviously walking dead, monster bash and med madness are the weakest games you have. I guess I could come take em off yr hands

#63 5 years ago

TNA, TSPP and Monopoly. The rest are all too good to sell.

#64 5 years ago

The 9 people that voted Dialed In are wrong.

#65 5 years ago

Go out to drink. Then you won’t need a bar at home.

#66 5 years ago

I would look at it more as what games makes the best, most well rounded collection. I would probably sell one of your 90s fan layouts (MM, AFM, or MB). I'd also probably sell either LOTR or TSPP. Then unless you need the cash by selling another high end machine, I'd sell the Monopoly. If it were my collection I'd sell MMr, TSPP, and Monopoly.

#67 5 years ago

I’d sell MM and keep AFM. So similar but I think AFM leads

#68 5 years ago

I always wanted a Simpsons, surprised so many of you guys have it on the shortlist to be sold.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I always wanted a Simpsons, surprised so many of you guys have it on the shortlist to be sold.

There are not "right" answers here. If that was me I'd be getting rid of the games that seem to most closely overlap with other games in my collection...or the games that have been in my collection the longest.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

The stop and go is waaaaay too much, and too often. Thats probably the only thing keeping me personally from enjoying it. Otherwise, it isn't half bad. My son was head over heels for it when we owned it. Great family game if you have young kids

#71 5 years ago

sell the three you play the least.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-to-sell-3-machines-/page/2?hl=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.