Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by btw75
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I want to play one of these to decide whether to purchase. At the end of the month, I'll be driving from Texas to the Minneapolis area to visit in-laws. Are there any machines in that area? Any on the way?

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

There was one at this year's Minnesota State Fair at Pinball On A Stick, but I don't know who owns it or where it is now. Stop by SS Billiards for the Bing Bang Bar and the Bill Paxton machine and Blainebrook Bowl for another 30+ machines.

#3 4 years ago

Woof, that's a hell of a drive.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

There was one at this year's Minnesota State Fair at Pinball On A Stick, but I don't know who owns it or where it is now. Stop by SS Billiards for the Bing Bang Bar and the Bill Paxton machine and Blainebrook Bowl for another 30+ machines.

I hit SS up last year and played some BBB. I think this year I'll try out Blainbrook.

Quoted from Frax:

Woof, that's a hell of a drive.

Yes, it is. We've done it every year for a while - but this is probably the last time as the in-laws are moving back to Texas this spring.

#5 4 years ago

You could go a little off the beaten path and stop in Benton, WI and visit Spooky Pinball World Headquarters. I'm guessing that if you contacted Charlie in advance he'd give you a tour of the operation and address any questions you may have. There is also a AMH on route at one of the local establishments.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You could go a little off the beaten path and stop in Benton, WI and visit Spooky Pinball World Headquarters. I'm guessing that if you contacted Charlie in advance he'd give you a tour of the operation and address any questions you may have. There is also a AMH on route at one of the local establishments.

I've thought a lot about this and have even tried to twist the arm one of Farmington's own to make that ~10 hour round trip drive with me on one of the days I'm there - assuming Spooky could even be available. I still might do this if its available, but I also have to be careful of getting in trouble for neglecting family!

Making Benton a stop on the way won't work though, we make the trip in one day and that kind of detour would push us over the edge.

#7 4 years ago

Cactus Jack's in Oklahoma City:

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/cactus-jacks-oklahoma-city-ok

Planning a trip there after Christmas myself.

#8 4 years ago

It's a ways off but we've discussed making it down for the Dallas show in the spring.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's a ways off but we've discussed making it down for the Dallas show in the spring.

Of course you should! I just have a slight worry you'll be sold out. if I find one to play and want it, I did contemplate offering to buy the one you would being down to put in the show, just to provide incentive to make the trip.

#10 4 years ago

How much room do you have to bring machines back

-Jeff

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

How much room do you have to bring machines back
-Jeff

I'm thinking about taking a trailer so I can pick up my tz plus something from dirts house (shh, he doesn't know). If I had some games to take up there it'd make a whole lot more sense. Anyone in the twin cities want a project ironman or Olympics? Slick chick?

#12 4 years ago

Project Ironman?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Project Ironman?

Yep. More details are available, but the short story is I bought one that had been "restored" after a flood then Stern announced the VE while it was in transit which was... special. Then STI then hit the side with a fork lift (not terrible). When I got it a bit of the playfield (1"x1"?) art came up around the magnet. Most of the light sockets are corroded and maybe 4 or 5 are no longer working.

The good part is that it has all new boards, many other new parts, FF sound, ...

$2800. The game plays just fine, so its either a project or a players machine. Contact me for more details, or look in my topics started list for a thread on it. I don't have a FS post, but probably should go ahead and make one.

I also have a kruzman cleared NOS playfield that I'd sell for $1000 (about 15% loss).

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Yep. More details are available, but the short story is I bought one that had been "restored" after a flood then Stern announced the VE while it was in transit which was... special. Then STI then hit the side with a fork lift (not terrible). When I got it a bit of the playfield (1"x1"?) art came up around the magnet. Most of the light sockets are corroded and maybe 4 or 5 are no longer working.
The good part is that it has all new boards, many other new parts, FF sound, ...
$2800. The game plays just fine, so its either a project or a players machine. Contact me for more details, or look in my topics started list for a thread on it. I don't have a FS post, but probably should go ahead and make one.
I also have a kruzman cleared NOS playfield that I'd sell for $1000 (about 15% loss).

This should sell sometime today. Wish I was in a position to buy it! Good luck with the sale!

Marcus

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Of course you should! I just have a slight worry you'll be sold out. if I find one to play and want it, I did contemplate offering to buy the one you would being down to put in the show, just to provide incentive to make the trip.

Think we're just past the halfway mark. Though sales have been picking up, you may still be OK in late March.

Convincing Chuck to take time off for the show, that's another matter! Maybe promise lots of BBQ?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Think we're just past the halfway mark. Though sales have been picking up, you may still be OK in late March.
Convincing Chuck to take time off for the show, that's another matter! Maybe promise lots of BBQ?

I'm happy to be in charge of finding good area BBQ and sponsoring the Spooky crew. Too bad the show is not in Austin.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Edmond, OK
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside