(Topic ID: 134362)

Need to find a short

By sethbenjamin

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey all - I had a solenoid cook itself on my F-14 Tomcat. One of the diverters locked on (unbeknownst to me) until it started smoking. There was an accompanying hot smell from the backbox. What to do? Send the CPU and AUX Driver boards to Clive.

So, there's a short someplace on the game. In the past, occasionally I would get an "ADJUST SWITCH 44" warning when I turned the game on. I could never pin down why it was doing that; switch 44 is a spot target and seemed to be working fine. Anyhow...the lower diverter is the thing that blew up completely, and now I need guidance if I'm gonna hunt down the problem and fix it once and for all. I'm loathe to put the board in and turn on the power until I've got this squared away, obviously. Advice/help greatly appreciated.

#2 8 years ago

The adjust switch error might have just come up legitimately because you didn't hit the target after 20 games or so. I had the same thing happen to me since I never aimed for those targets. You can confirm the switch is working by checking it in switch test.

#3 8 years ago

Yeah, I didn't think that was likely to be related. Definitely one of those odd targets that you wouldn't hit often, and don't have to hit in order to get the score up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-to-find-a-short and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.