8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2218_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_2214_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_2212_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6415.jpg
    IMG_6367.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6348.jpg
    IMG_6350.jpg
    IMG_6346.jpg
    IMG_6345.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

My Getaway-

I'm posting this thread so a member can look at pictures of a game I'm offering up in trade for one of his games. I'd post a market ad but I'm not ready to post it up for sale in the market just yet cuz it needs a few finishing touches before I do so I need a place like this to post pics for him.

* Ive soldered in 12+ of CoinTakers 6 LED light strips in all sorts of colors. Mainly white under the slings, side GI and in the rear of the game to brighten it up then a red strip behind the Supercharger Entrance and a purple along with a white in the through between the flippers

* Ive Added 9 of those colored LED Star posts. 5 Green, 2 Red and 2 Red's that are interactive then the slings are hit.

* Flipper Fidelity speaker system with sub woofer and controls

* Ive Soldered in 5 LED Spot lights (4 over slings and one in the back)

* Ive placed high voltage red and blue LED strips under the Supercharger and tied them to the flashers to come on when you are getting chased.

* Red Cliffy posts every where

* Titans new silicone rubber used everywhere, clear on the slings and a lot of places to allow more light to shine through.

* Its got the Key mod instead of start button

* Steve Richie autograph on trans light

* Red DMD cover

* Real Mountain Mod and light with a 12 volt 6 SMD ice blue light pad

* New reproduction Getaway Supercharger ramp decal

* Plastic protector set that protects slings, and 5 more vital areas on the playfield

* Painted the yellow signal in a removable gray sprayable rubber coating

* I added 3 Evo Brite Caps pop bumper caps with 30+ LED's to really brighten up that area

* Comet 2 SMD LED used everywhere color matched using various colors until the desired look was found.

* I removed the mylar and everything on the playfield and hand cleaned and polished every part. I used the Treasure Cove playfield cleaning system to make the playfield look good as new.

If you are still interested in my Getaway trade plus cash for your Whitewater let me know because I put this together really quick. I have already taken a video of it but its raw and unedited but I can show it to you and its tear down / restoration pics if you are serious.

In the 11 months Ive owned this I've spent a lot of time detailing this game out and putting a lot of custom touches on it so I can play it in a dark room and I accomplished it.

Thanks for looking Dan

IMG_6401.jpgIMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6345.jpgIMG_6345.jpg
    IMG_6346.jpgIMG_6346.jpg
    IMG_6350.jpgIMG_6350.jpg
    IMG_6348.jpgIMG_6348.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpgIMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6367.jpgIMG_6367.jpg
    IMG_6415.jpgIMG_6415.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I was reading your description before looking at the pics thinking "damn...this guy destroyed this game." Then I got to the pics and holy cow...that looks awesome

#3 8 years ago

Thanks, I was very thoughtful in my light placement and color choices (you should see all the extra bulbs I have). I don't care for the look when people install all red under the sling shot area so you then have red gauges followed by putting a bunch of green under the GI plastics on the sides that have bushes thus making the cop car green and a green speed limit signs.

I forgot to add that it has the red DMD color filter on it and I haven't put the reflective side blades on yet. I haven't even posted this in any of the Getaway threads because its not 100% finished and I'd like to make a vid doc of its transformation so I hope this doesn't turn into a popular thread.

Other forums I visit have a Testing section for things just like this or allow photos in PM's.

#4 8 years ago

Dan,
    That machine looks great. For someone looking for a Getaway, this thing is gorgeous.

#5 8 years ago

I normally resort to email for sending photos privately.

Nice looking game, though

1 month later
    #6 8 years ago

WCS94

IMG_2212_(resized).jpegIMG_2212_(resized).jpeg

IMG_2214_(resized).jpegIMG_2214_(resized).jpeg

IMG_2218_(resized).jpegIMG_2218_(resized).jpeg

#7 8 years ago

Getaway looks fantastic.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-to-be-able-to-post-pics-in-a-pm-so-i-will-link-them-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.