Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E0306E8E-9833-4BA8-9C28-10CC39759E5B_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
9F99BAD2-3546-4996-B417-034006E48768_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
93455F5B-AEC7-4364-8DD7-567599695E36 (resized).jpeg
45B5DAF9-651D-4D3E-B59C-EDAFD14F9B19 (resized).jpeg
18 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I am making a new and improved (at least I hope so) Emerald City Mod for the back of Woz Pinball Machines. Pictures to come but this one will be more elaborate than what is out there and will have an optional lighting effect built in. If anyone is interested in a free mod please reply to this post. I will only need about 4 people to test this so first come first serve. Only catch is that you must provide feedback to me within 5 days of receiving the mod and send pictures of installation. I really would like to get this right based on feedback here on the forum. I will post a picture here in about a week to 10 days and then send PMs to the first four that volunteer with the details. Thanks a lot for the help in advance and Merry Christmas!

#2 4 years ago

Sure thing. I have a WoZRR

#3 4 years ago

I have a ECLE and can help, install it quickly, etc. but live in the UK if that is an issue for you.

#4 4 years ago

Interested - have a WOZ - ECLE

#6 4 years ago

I’d do it no problem. I have a Ruby Red.

#8 4 years ago

I have the current available mod, so I can do a comparison if need be

#9 4 years ago

I have an ECLE an I'm interested.
Thanks!

#10 4 years ago

Late to the party, darn.

1 month later
#11 4 years ago

Just an update. I have about got the fit right and will be ready to go. I’ll send everyone a pm.

#12 4 years ago

Okay, we're patient.

2 weeks later
#13 4 years ago

Count me in if you can... PM me, I have no problem paying for this if that is ok... Would love to help... I have just about every MOD known to man on my WOZ RR

18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have the current available mod, so I can do a comparison if need be

Great idea and perfect way to showcase the differences and improvements the OP is hoping to achieve.

#15 4 years ago

Just an update....I am working on getting the details right. Many very thin spires like the movie that just arent quite good enough yet. Getting closer though.

#16 4 years ago

Look forward to seeing the final creation. Been hoping for something to dress up that area.

3 weeks later
#17 4 years ago

Here is the prototype. Will be available both lit and unlit. Initial thoughts?

45B5DAF9-651D-4D3E-B59C-EDAFD14F9B19 (resized).jpeg45B5DAF9-651D-4D3E-B59C-EDAFD14F9B19 (resized).jpeg
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Killerbooger:

Here is the prototype. Will be available both lit and unlit. Initial thoughts?[quoted image]

I like it. Well done! Are there multiple lights in there can't tell. I just may do this upgrade.

#19 4 years ago

Here is the prototype. Will be available both lit and unlit. Initial thoughts?[quoted image]

Interesting. Looks very different from other emerald city mods out there. Wondering how it’s going to look in my game. Looks more fat and wide rather than skinny and tall

#20 4 years ago

There are multiple lights in there. I have to work out the thickness of the wire bundle coming out. The fat look is an illusion. It is actually right at the same width and height as the other version. I tried to model it after what I thought the city would really look like while keeping some of the same elements of the one in the movie. I’m going to test fit it with the too fat wire bundle and see how it goes. Then will send out a few testers to people in this thread.

#21 4 years ago

I like it... but was just expecting more of the city look where the larger towers are towards the middle as that makes more of a statement.

I get you are trying to do something different though, and am sure it will look great in the game.

#22 4 years ago

Thats fair. I was trying to get away from the linear 'V' shape of the city with all the tall buildings in the center, and add a little more depth. I'll add some pictures of it in the game on Sunday.

1 week later
#23 4 years ago

Installed. I have altered the design a little with a tall tower in the middle. The spired does go a little above the back panel but there is no contact or rubbing. Looks amazing! Will be sending some to some people on here to install and test. One challenge to powering this thing up is that there are no holes going under the playfield so power has to go to the right side over the edge of the playfield. Wire is small so no big deal but still an issue.

93455F5B-AEC7-4364-8DD7-567599695E36 (resized).jpeg93455F5B-AEC7-4364-8DD7-567599695E36 (resized).jpeg9F99BAD2-3546-4996-B417-034006E48768_1_201_a (resized).jpeg9F99BAD2-3546-4996-B417-034006E48768_1_201_a (resized).jpegE0306E8E-9833-4BA8-9C28-10CC39759E5B_1_201_a (resized).jpegE0306E8E-9833-4BA8-9C28-10CC39759E5B_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#24 4 years ago

Installed. I have altered the design a little with a tall tower in the middle. The spired does go a little above the back panel but there is no contact or rubbing. Looks amazing! Will be sending some to some people on here to install and test. One challenge to powering this thing up is that there are no holes going under the playfield so power has to go to the right side over the edge of the playfield. Wire is small so no big deal but still an issue.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done. May order one of these when your done fine tuning.

1 year later
#25 2 years ago

Is there a video somewhere that shows how to install this? It looks great, and I'm excited to put it in... but it's my first time adding a mod to a machine so I'm a bit nervous, LOL.

#26 2 years ago

Did this mod ever get made?

#27 2 years ago

It did! I have one in hand.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-test-machines-for-new-woz-pinball-city-mod?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.