Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20161120_133027736 (resized).jpg
1375815631002-637769438 (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Hello again! I have almost completed phase 1 of LED install on playfield of 1984 Space Shuttle. I found that the Comet Optimus Maximus Sunlight White were awesome for GI. However, I do not like these in my 3 pop bumpers. Does anyone recommend a better LED solution for these that are brighter and throw light better? I would prefer using a single bulb (not the rings). Thank you for the help!

#2 7 years ago

I really like the afterburner leds, cointaker has them and comet pinball has a version of them. They illuminate the top and bottom of the bumper. They light up the bumper skirt just like the incandescent bulbs do, but much more intense.

I know you wanted more of a single "bulb", but I really think you should consider this led.

If you still insist on a bulb, you could try the "fan" style bulb, but like the other leds, they don't illuminate the bumper skirt that well.

Another option is to leave the incandescents in the bumpers, I did that until I discovered the afterburner leds. Let me know what you decide.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. All I meant about a single bulb was that I did not want to install the bumper led rings that involves hot glue and all of that.

#4 7 years ago

I like Cointaker 4-Side/1=top LEDs. Warm white pictured, they are also available in colors.

1375815631002-637769438 (resized).jpeg1375815631002-637769438 (resized).jpeg

#5 7 years ago

wayout440 thanks for the info. Are these really bright? I want to try them in blue. Thanks

#6 7 years ago

I have been using simple color matching frosted bulbs, because I didn't like the alternatives, and the original 4+1 style has been gone for years. I've come to really like them

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

wayout440 thanks for the info. Are these really bright? I want to try them in blue. Thanks

Here's how the warm whites look in my Taxi. I think they are perfect.

IMG_20161120_133027736 (resized).jpgIMG_20161120_133027736 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Looks awesome! I got a few 4/1 in blue. We will see how it goes later this week! Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-suggestions-for-led-for-pop-bumpers?hl=e_gpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.