(Topic ID: 236812)

Need Suggestion on Coin Cell Holder (External)

By CUJO

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190222_094332 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Never saw this coming so quick. When I put a new Rottendog CPU board in Popeye July 2017, I installed a external 3 AA external battery holder too.
Got the Factory Defaults Setting the other day when powering up Popeye. This is what happened inside the battery holder (it had a cover on the front of it held in place by a small screw).

So these batteries are barely 18 months old and it looks like this acid issue started a lot earlier.

I want to use an external coin cell arrangement instead.

Any products out there or mods for this?

#2 1 year ago

Duracells have ruined too many things. I went to nimh rechargeable Eneloops. They never leak. Otherwise, just don't use Duracell. Energizer is ok most the time. I get CR3032 coin cell holders out of junked computers, but I wouldn't use the coin cell in a pinball.
Stay away from Duracell for sure.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Ronkz650:

Duracells have ruined too many things. I went to nimh rechargeable Eneloops. They never leak. Otherwise, just don't use Duracell. Energizer is ok most the time. I get CR3032 coin cell holders out of junked computers, but I wouldn't use the coin cell in a pinball.
Stay away from Duracell for sure.

You aren't kiddin! I can't believe how much those Duracells leaked in 18 months! Horrible!

Is it possible the Rottendog CPU board is sending current to these batteries?

I put on a new external 3 "AA" battery holder today with fresh Dollar Tree Sunbeam alkalines until I get some Lithium AA's or an external coin cell arrangement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside