(Topic ID: 207860)

Need Stern SAM "Pinball Boot v1.0" Code (Metallica)

By robx46

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by snakesnsparklers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Long Story short I have the rom for u9 on the board, but it was uv wiped. Sticker says "Pinball Boot v1.0". I've found a SAM 3.1 version online but I can't find the code for this apparent v1.0 edition.
Been trying to get through to stern forever but nobody ever picks up.
Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Use 3.1 it's better

#3 3 years ago

I tried 3.1, burned & verified, doesn't seem to be compatible with this board? I'm unable to get into update mode. DMD is blank.

#4 3 years ago

I should note that the 3.1 version I tried came from a pinmame site. I assume it is the same code but idk. I can't find an official stern 3.1 version either. I'm finding it strange that this isn't readily available on their site?

#5 3 years ago

It should be the same code. What's the checksum? Marco shows a checksum of 4CF6 for v3.1.

I can check mine tomorrow to see what version boot rom it has, maybe Met is different somehow?

#6 3 years ago

The sticker did say v1.0 on met. 2013. Makes me wonder why it wasn't 3.1. Or maybe it is different code?

#7 3 years ago

Oh & yes I just read my chip directly, it does say 03F64CF6 checksum

#8 3 years ago

So I just checked my Met Pro and it also says V1.0

I just dumped it here: http://www.filedropper.com/pinballbootv10

The chip label says "Pinball Boot V1.0 128M $CFF0 11-18-16" but this is an 8Mbit eprom and I am consistently getting a checksum of DFF0.

#9 3 years ago

dup

#10 3 years ago

I'm back up & running! Thanks a bunch. Yeah the 3.1 code totally didn't work at all. This definitely does though.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

So I just checked my Met Pro and it also says V1.0
I just dumped it here: http://www.filedropper.com/pinballbootv10
The chip label says "Pinball Boot V1.0 128M $CFF0 11-18-16" but this is an 8Mbit eprom and I am consistently getting a checksum of DFF0.

This is an example of why Pinside is so good. Well done.

3 years later
#12 6 months ago

Hi,

I also need this code to program a Metallica bootflash eprom, the link is not valid anymore, anyone can repost a copy of the file please?

Thanks!

#13 6 months ago
Quoted from ksultana:

Hi,
I also need this code to program a Metallica bootflash eprom, the link is not valid anymore, anyone can repost a copy of the file please?
Thanks!

I can post another link tonight when I get home. If I happen to forget shoot me a pm.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside