Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvanDickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from LocoMecanico:

I have an issue with coins not registering in game but in test mode the coin switches work fine. What I am looking for is someone that would be willing to try my MPU in their TAF pin to see if the problem duplicates itself. I have reached out to Rottendog on the issue with no success on a response back. I given him have ample time to respond (45 days) with no emails or calls back. I just need to see if this MPU is the issue. I have replaced software rom with L-7 but still no luck. I would pay for shipping of course.
Thank you for your time
Frankie

I just read on another thread that Rottendog is shutting down / has shut down.

I'd be glad to test your mpu but I think the postage to Canada and back might cost more than a replacement mpu these days

Is this game on location or at home? If at home, there's an optional setting for "free play" which will eliminate the need for coins to register.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from LocoMecanico:

It is in a friends arcade. I have been helping him out with this game. It has all new rottendog boards in it. Someone worked on it before me and had it all pulled apart as in all boards when pulled with all connectors not labeled. Been a real pain but all is working except for coins not registering in game. I haven't been able to find a replacement board for it as everyone is out of stock.
The only thing on this board that I haven't replaced is the ASIC chip and microprocessor . Upgraded to L-7 software
Should I order the microprocessor and ASIC chip first and try them?

Unsure, I've never heard of an ASIC chip being a problem, and it doesn't sound like a typical ROM problem either. It looks like you have a TAF in your collection too. I'd swap MPU between yours and your friends' machine and see if the issue goes away and/or follows to your machine with the rottendog board. I'd suspect something weird in the wiring before I'd suspect an ASIC chip.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvanDickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-someones-help-that-owns-taf?tu=EvanDickson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.