Need someone who knows about Black Rose machines

By cookerjewel

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone know what triggers the video mode in Black Rose? There are four video possibilities when the ball goes into the center hole at the top of the machine. Swing from the riggings, Knife throw, swim from the shark, and Polly says. When Polly appears you actually get points, free ball, etc. without having to perform a challenge. I can play for hours and all the options appear except for Polly. I don't know if it's a switch or software. Also the fire button has stopped working and wonder if anyone has had to repair that and how difficult it was. Thanks for any help you can give.

#2 11 years ago

Lock the Ball strait up to Broadside ,, also , when Polly appears ,, Press both Flippers 5Times Repeatedly , Polly dies and you collect a Bounty .. What Game rom are you running ..

#3 11 years ago

I don't know what rom I am running- how do I find out? Also if Polly was killed then how does she come back? I do have all the original manuals etc and did not see anything regarding this in there. Thanks for your reply.

#4 11 years ago

When you boot it will tell you the software version (L-4) for example.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies. When I boot up it says 20013 and version L-1 Thanks.

#6 11 years ago

Might want to upgrade to a newer code release http://www.actionpinball.com/cgi-bin/romorder.cgi?name=BlackRose It's not too pricy.

1 week later
#7 11 years ago

Hi Bischt- I ordered the L-4 code and have it now. Is there somewhere I can find instructions on installing it? I am a pinball player but have not done repairs etc. Thanks for your help.

#8 11 years ago

With the game off, locate your MPU in the middle left hand quadrant of the backbox. On the MPU you will see a similar chip (ROM) on your MPU hopefully marked L-1. Now some people can do this with the board still in the game, others have to take the board out to the work bench. This is for you to decide based on your skill level.

You can purchase an IC puller from Radio Shack or use a very small jewelers screwdriver to gently and SLOWLY pry up the ROM from the MPU. You do not want to bend the legs of the IC or damage the socket or gouge the circuit board. Take note of the orientation of the little notch on the IC that you are removing. You will want to install your new L-4 ROM in that same orientation.

Installing the new ROM involves making sure that ALL of the legs line up with each spot in the socket. You may have to GENTLY squeeze the legs towards the middle of the IC to get a perfect fit. Go slowly.

Once you have verified that you have the legs lined up, you can apply gently downward pressure to seat the chip in the socket. Again go slowly, you don't want to bend the legs or break them off. Once the chip is fully seated (reinstall the MPU if you took it out of the game) you can turn the game on and enjoy your upgrade!

#9 11 years ago

Thank You Xenon I will report back when I have completed it. Thanks again for the detailed instructions.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from cookerjewel:

Also if Polly was killed then how does she come back?

Polly is Resurrected by upper flipping yr ball thru the Short cut behind Davy Jones Locker . The Parrot really never dies , it's just cool to Kill it . Have Fun and Up-Grade yr Game rom -

#11 11 years ago

Thanks Black_ROSE I will report back on the upgrade and Polly. She just disappeared - I don't think I ever killed her as I never you could.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 34.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-someone-who-knows-about-black-rose-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.