9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Bellow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

This would be my first time taking my pf down to wood on both sides. My goal other than cleaning and rebuilding is also to send the pf out for clear-coating. However I have been hesitant to do this (because I know the downtime involved). My biggest fear is the underside of the pf with the wire harness and ...well the lack of a visual road map that the top of the play field has. I would appreciate any tips for this process. I know that taking a ton of pics and organizing removed parts is a must. I read the thread on "HS2 Playfield Tear Down Help/Tips." I guess I am wondering if there are any other tricks to the trade? Is a rotisserie stand a must and are they all homemade? How much if any soldering work is there? Best tips on cleaning circuit boards and wire harness (yeah I know to unplug them) as well as anything else any of you would care to share. Thanks in advance for any tips

#5 9 years ago

Thank you,

Vid I found your quick and dirty rotisserie guide via another website just a bit before you posted. Thanks for all the tips Terry, Vid, and Mot. I think my first step is to create a rotisserie for disassembling and reassembling. Also if any one runs across it... there was a video on youtube where a guy was cleaning ramps with a low-foam industrial cleaner. I don't remember the name or title just that I did write down the cleaner (and misplaced the paper) all I remember is that it worked on glass, wires, and the ramps really well. Well tomorrow off to the hardware store for some flooring my Saturday job and my rotisserie Sunday job.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-tips-for-pf-overhaul?tu=spinpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.