(Topic ID: 224733)

Need some tech help (Step Unit and Score Reel)

By PatrickATX

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180904_222712[1] (resized).jpg
match-unit-a (resized).jpg
schematic-b (resized).jpg
schematic-a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a couple things I need schooling on. I've got a 1962 Williams Coquette (2 player)

1) This Match Unit is missing a coil. But can you tell me if this assembly should have a second coil and some switches. I see the credit assembly is basically the same and intact, but I don't have enough loose wires for another coil and switches here. Can anyone explain the theory behind this assembly and if it was modified for different uses? match-unit-a (resized).jpgmatch-unit-a (resized).jpg

2) What do the numbers 0-9 (not the color codes) on the schematic under the Number Match Unit correspond to?schematic-a (resized).jpgschematic-a (resized).jpg

3) The 1st player 0-9 Drum unit has 10 wires called out on the schematic. But the drum unit itself has 15+4 wires soldered onto terminals. Any advice on how to make sense of the wires and terminals on the drum unit?schematic-b (resized).jpgschematic-b (resized).jpg

Thanks guys,

Patrick

#4 5 years ago

Great info thanks. So that match unit chassis can be a one way or two way depending on the game and use. Nice to know.

For the scoring reel, I was trying to understand the schematic. I have mapped out all 3 switches and coil on the reel, but having trouble putting it together with the schematic. The trouble is the schematic does not treat the switches, coils and terminals on this unit as a single unit. Stuff is spread out and I was hoping I'd just misunderstood the schematic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-tech-help-step-unit-and-score-reel?tu=patrickatx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.