(Topic ID: 142664)

Need some Stern Barstools, Dammit!!!

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

larp.jpg
    barstools.jpg
    Rush.png
    mm.jpg
    Rush_Explosion__24915.1439538132.500.659.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    #1 8 years ago

I can't be the only one who likes to sit down and play once in awhile ( particularly when drinking) Is the licensing that difficult for someone to make these? Seems they would sell quite a few of the main titles (TRON, AC/DC, TSPP, MET. on and on)........anyone?

#2 8 years ago

Good idea! Hopefully they would not be $399 each.

#3 8 years ago

you can just get band licensed ones for met acdc gnr etc

but yeah would be a cool thing for stern to make, unfortunately they would certainly be double the price of other stools and the bolts would randomly fall out

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from fish1975tx:

Good idea! Hopefully they would not be $399 each.

Agreed, but it seems like a natural "mod" that would sell like hotcakes (do "hotcakes" sell anymore/)...

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

would be a cool thing for stern to make, unfortunately they would certainly be double the price of other stools and the bolts would randomly fall out

too funny!!!!

#6 8 years ago

Forget "VE's".....we need barstools!!!!!

#7 8 years ago

I think the pro stool is too stripped down..

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

image.jpeg

Lmao!!!.....definitely need an LE version....

#9 8 years ago

Or even just ones with the Stern Logo on them.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Or even just ones with the Stern Logo on them.

Yes!!!....anything....I've been able to find TZ, and TAF for stupid money, but absolutely look great w the machines....the guy that makes those ( and BBB, TOTAN) says he can't do the sterns.....I would pay good $$$ for a quality, double rung, licensed version of TRON, TSPP, and FGY.....found a china knockoff of SM and IM, but that was it.....

Hell, they charge ( and get) $400.00 for a topper......Jared....plant the seed, man!!!

#11 8 years ago

Just searched eBay for AC/DC and MET.....nothing......doesn't anyone sit anymore?

#12 8 years ago

There are custom made TRON stools at PBL.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

There are custom made TRON stools at PBL.

WHAT!!! Knew I should have asked you to start with...going to the site now...as always, you are all knowing w things TRON....

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

WHAT!!! Knew I should have asked you to start with...going to the site now...as always, you are all knowing w things TRON....

Not for sale.....

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Not for sale.....

Ahhhh....that was cold.....

#17 8 years ago

And colder!!!....geesh....

#18 8 years ago

Only 4 were ever made; the most sturdy bar stools of all time. Maybe someday Kevin will make more of these, but you would have to ask him.
    Terry.

#19 8 years ago

I once bought some guns and roses bar stools at an estate sale cheap. Also, marvel has avengers bar stools for sale. I made a saddle bar stool and tractor seat bar stool.

#20 8 years ago

http://www.seatsandstools.com/logo-seating/personalized-bar-stools/

This place will print any logo you want on the backside of clear vinyl.

Minimum order: 1

Rush_Explosion__24915.1439538132.500.659.jpgRush_Explosion__24915.1439538132.500.659.jpg

#21 8 years ago

That's kind of fun. You could make a stool for every pin you own.

That could get. Bit crazy.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Thanks for the link...I wonder if they will be ok w licensed art (i.e. Simpsons Images, etc.)? Guess I'll find out when I call......

#23 8 years ago

Let us know how much too.
    But for me I wouldn't know what to get too many choices lol

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I wonder if they will be ok w licensed art

Don't tell them it's not your art.

Just say you want some stools done for your advertising company to give as Christmas gifts to your Creative Staff.

Normal people are just going to think that Medieval Madness is just some LARP dorks.

mm.jpgmm.jpg

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

you can just get band licensed ones for met acdc gnr etc
    but yeah would be a cool thing for stern to make, unfortunately they would certainly be double the price of other stools and the bolts would randomly fall out

Yeah.....you would need a stool sample, first.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't tell them it's not your art.
    Just say you want some stools done for your advertising company to give as Christmas gifts to your Creative Staff.
    Normal people are just going to think that Medieval Madness is just some LARP dorks.

mm.jpg

Thanks for the heads up....just had to cma, as you will see with the thread copied below:

"Thanks Karen,

I’ve got some personal images )non licensed, that will work fine……I’ll get some together (going to give as Christmas gifts to friends) and over to you…thanks mark

Mark Girardi
    Operations Manager
    [email protected]
    828-713-3590

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:08 AM
    To: Mark Girardi
    Subject: Re: I have a question about Personalized Bar Stools

Mark,

We can not print any copyright images without permission from the company and then we need that in writing and would need the image in a vector file either .ai or eps.
    The double ring base is $119.99 ea for qty of 6 plus and then there is a $ 50.00 set up fee for each different image you use.

Thanks

Karen

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Mark Girardi <[email protected]> wrote:
    Am very interested in ordering several of these, with artwork that matches my pinball machines. This would be copyrighted images (The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.), but for my personal use, so hopefully not be a problem What format do you need to create the image?

Can these be double rung, as opposed to single?

Quantity (6) discount?

Thanks…….mark"

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes!!!....anything....I've been able to find TZ, and TAF for stupid money, but absolutely look great w the machines....the guy that makes those ( and BBB, TOTAN) says he can't do the sterns.....I would pay good $$$ for a quality, double rung, licensed version of TRON, TSPP, and FGY.....found a china knockoff of SM and IM, but that was it.....
    Hell, they charge ( and get) $400.00 for a topper......Jared....plant the seed, man!!!

Your requested is noted.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Your requested is noted.

Thank you Jared!!!! think you will sell approx 5 million of these for the right titles (well, maybe not that many, but alot!!)..

#29 8 years ago

The most likely candidate is the one with the Stern logo. Time will tell. Stay tuned.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

The most likely candidate is the one with the Stern logo. Time will tell. Stay tuned.

And that works great!!!! thanks for your efforts.....mark

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I tried to buy a stern duffle bag at the tour and was told that was an employees bag and stern doesn't sell duffle bags. I would buy one if they did.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Rush barstools are killer! (If you like Rush)

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

How about a "Captain's Chair?"

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

The Rush barstools are killer! (If you like Rush)

Especially with the cover of their best album.

I miss Rush when they still sung songs about Sex and Drugs - no faggy synthesizers needed.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

ebay.com link » Star Wars Black Bar Or Garage Stool New In Box Chrome Plated Legs Nice

I sure Boba Fett would love me sitting on his face all night.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I miss Rush when they still sung songs about Sex and Drugs - no faggy synthesizers needed.
    » YouTube video

Ha! Yea for me anything after 'Signals' not so much...

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Ha! Yea for me anything after 'Signals' not so much...

Wow, you are a Rush masochist.

Even Moving Pictures has too many Synths for my sensitive ears.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Wow, you are a Rush masochist.
    Even Moving Pictures has too many Synths for my sensitive ears.

True, these albums may not mention drugs, but there great listening if your on them

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Na..this is the best! Rush.pngRush.png

#41 8 years ago

I have room for four barstools in between some pins and have them matched to four of my games.

barstools.jpgbarstools.jpg

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

larp.jpglarp.jpg

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I have room for four barstools in between some pins and have them matched to four of my games.
    barstools.jpg

almost bought that BBB, and would just say "I don't know where the machine is....must be getting serviced"

There is a TOTAN stool still made, and I'm still toying w adding that machine, however......

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Na..this is the best! Rush.png

Caress of Steel is kind of hit and miss for me.

Some good tracks, and some real stinkers like "I'm Going Bald"

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

image.jpeg

It sure would develop those core muscles!

#46 8 years ago

Wow, a Tomba! LARP? I never thought I'd see the day...

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Caress of Steel is kind of hit and miss for me.
    Some good tracks, and some real stinkers like "I'm Going Bald"

Yeah. I forgot about that one.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Just like to say I would be in for a Stern logo stool basic but a great fit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-stern-barstools-dammit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.