You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

e2997d5ac28da86b216116f599f0faf09c944e3b - Copy (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I putting together a 72 Gottlieb Wild Life'

Initially
Turned power on no coin switch working......No credit button working (with credits)
Manually engaged start relay worked fine, for the most part. Played a couple games
As shown in schematic here, I jumpered where the red line is thinkin the issue lies in the blue circles.
Sure enough...coin sw work and credit button works with a jumper
checked the contacts on the 2 score motor sw (circled) as well as the B2 relay (circled) cleaned contacts. Looked like all contacts were
OK. I assumed the Bounce sw (circled) is the one on the main board and the anti cheat sw (circled) is on the coin door, they are N/C and OK.
Tried it now and no start.
Went back to look at the score motor and B2 again checked for broken wire etc. Tried it again no start but all kinds of things are goin on

NO ball count one time it played
now
Score motor runs continuously with score reels manually set at zero and have to manually activate the reset bank to stop score motor
and TILT lite is on
Holy Cow

#2 6 years ago

e2997d5ac28da86b216116f599f0faf09c944e3b - Copy (resized).jpge2997d5ac28da86b216116f599f0faf09c944e3b - Copy (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

From memory, I had a problem with the bump switch/tilt switch in the back box on a Gottlieb sure shot giving the same problem of door and coin switches not working.

#4 6 years ago

Jumped all cheat bounce switches. no problem there. HAS to be in the bank relays as that is all I messed with
Schematics comin

Heres whats happing last nite:
Still no coin sw or credit button (gotta be SB on reset bank)
Manually activate start relay score motor turns, all day long
until I manually pull the reset relay
Relay bank pulls pulls pulls several times or so til it finally resets
score reels not resting at all
No playfield lites no flippers til I manually pull the tilt hold relay in
no ball count
love these brain teasers!

#5 6 years ago

Oh and Game Over lite is on

#6 6 years ago

What is SB2-bank reset? And PB4 is a Player Unit sw, I'd guess. I would check the PU for overall cleanliness on the rivets and contacts, and switches. Be careful in the back if it has those lateral solders. Also make sure your score motor sw. in question don't have "floating contacts" by crimping.

#7 6 years ago

If I recall correctly, the Baseball machine that I used to own (similar vintage) had 4 tilt/anti-cheat switches-- the ball on the left side of the cabinet, one on the main board, one on the underside of the playfield, and the one on the coin door.

#8 6 years ago

72 Gottlieb Wild Life.

Power on machine:
QB relay (game Over pulls in)
ZB relay pulls in

Powered off, reset bank relays
powered on........ relay QB ( game over pulled in), manually pulled H relay (and is holding) manually pulled S relay
(and its holding) score motor continues to run forever. until you pull bank relay reset, stops score motor back to game over pulled in!
Followed Rolfs idea on a similar issue with a far out machine didn't work for me.
Game over is killing rest of game

#9 6 years ago

Rolfs suggestion on a 72 Outer Space:

"NOW TOGGLE ON THE PIN - THE QB-RELAY WILL PLUNGE, THE ZB-RELAY WILL PLUNGE --- THEN ..." in the following writing "new post replacing my post-9"
I wonder what You did with MarkG 's post-4 and the JPG in this post (?). He has "encircled red" an "Switch on R-Relay in the wiring towards the QB-Relay - Switch must be open when the R-Relay is pulling so we need the R-Relay pulling". MarkG did not "encircle red" another "Switch on R-Relay in the wiring towards the ZB-Relay - Switch must be open when the R-Relay is pulling so we need the R-Relay pulling". (((This Switch on R-Relay is drawn just below the words "BLK-YEL")))
Wear rubber gloves and/or exercise care not to touch metal parts like solder-lugs - then try: Toggle-Off the pin - manually reset the Control-Bank - the QB-Relay and ZB-Relay must reset and stay resetted (as You have toggled-off the main power switch in advance) - NOW TOGGLE ON THE PIN - THE QB-RELAY WILL PLUNGE, THE ZB-RELAY WILL PLUNGE --- THEN (manually) press the armature of H-Relay - does it stay pulling ? - then (manually) press the armature of R-Relay - does it stay pulling ? IF (if, if) "NOT Both are pulling": Ask a friend to manually press the armature of H-Relay and manually press the armature of R-Relay (ask Your friend to press both armatures at the same time - press both for a while) ---IF (if, if) both ar pulling: You do not need the help of a friend.
So the pin is toggled-on, the QB-Relay has plunged, ZB-Relay has plunged - in some way the R-Relay is pulling and in some way the H-Relay is pulling --- and You now manually reset the Control-Bank and let go on the reset-arm --- what are QB- and ZB-Relay do ? They stay resetted ? Or do they (faulty) plunge again ? Greetings Rolf

#10 6 years ago

OK solved the first issue with no credit button no coin sw.
wire broken in harness............. coin door to jones plug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-schematic-help-look-at-this?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.